Home The Bridge

Twice the Treasures

HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
This look really interesting but little too pricey for my taste
lgs0tmiw97o1.jpg
PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
  • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
  • Amanda Rogers - got her
  • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
  • Agmar - not in the game yet
  • M'yra - not in the game yet

Comments

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also some free slots and a slot and dabo sale live
  • I easily passed - there might be a Jellico in one pack and Wyatt in the other.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, there is no guarantee for the 4* crew. They are in the pack as possibilities, but are diluted with all three either crew.
    The only guarantee is a 5* if you buy the 10x.
  • Simple maths, @$50 for something that also costs 13000dil @$200. 75% discount!!!

Given that I have no interest in any of the purples (either FF or airlocked) and have 4 of the 28 golds FF/FE, 11 others with one or more stars at some level between 1 and 100 that I could have done more with if I considered them worthwhile. Only 1 of the other 13 has any interest for me, but not at those odds!

If you want my money, you'll have to do far better than this!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This pack is very, very good if you are a newer player trying to catch up and are willing to spend.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    This pack is very, very good if you are a newer player trying to catch up and are willing to spend.

I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. It's the same cost as 5 10x10 premium packs which should give you more of everything, just no access to the most recent Legendaries. And while there are some great cards in there that aren't in regular packs, it's not many. I always regretted buying these packs in the past and I would warn people away from them now too. There are better offers. IMHO of course.

I will say that you are GUARANTEED 2 Legendaries for your $50, while the 10 for 10 come with no guarantees, so if you are risk averse then perhaps this pack has more value.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled 2/5 Q2, 2/5 Tribble Scott, 3/5 Shakur, 2/5 Cowboy Uhura, and about 6 or 7 useful purples. Plus enough dil to buy 5 more seats.

Not a GREAT value, but a good enough value.
  • I've never done the Elusive Treasures offer before (it always seems to pop up when I don't have any spare money to spend on the game!) so I decided to try it this once.

X9zVdp2.png

TVvc2FX.png

It was fun getting all of those Beholds, but I'm not sure if I'd pull the trigger on this one again for $50.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    One single pull, just to see if I'd get super lucky and get a beGold. Nope, it was an all immortal super-rare behold. Yay.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »

I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. It's the same cost as 5 10x10 premium packs which should give you more of everything, just no access to the most recent Legendaries. And while there are some great cards in there that aren't in regular packs, it's not many. I always regretted buying these packs in the past and I would warn people away from them now too. There are better offers. IMHO of course.

I will say that you are GUARANTEED 2 Legendaries for your $50, while the 10 for 10 come with no guarantees, so if you are risk averse then perhaps this pack has more value.

A couple of things to consider when evaluating these packs:

First, like you said, there is a guarantee to hit legendary cards, but also worth not overlooking is that those legendary cards have a great chance of being good. Since they pull from recent cards, there is no chance of hitting a "decrepit legend".

Second, as you can see from people posting results both from this go around and from times past, there is a pretty good chance of hitting multiple legendary crew procs with each 10 pack. With every such proc beyond the one guaranteed there is a greater chance to get a "decrepit legend", but odds are decent that subsequent legend procs will yield useful results.

Third, since all the pulls are beholds, it gives new players opportunities to possibly get the 4th star on a faction event crew, get a first copy of a card they definitely want, and gives options for growth.

I remember when I was starting out and I bought this, I snagged a copy of Boothby Replicant (AWESOME!) and my first copy of MJLP (I started playing after his mega). I also snagged a few useful Gauntlet crew like Mirror Phlox, which helped me improve there.

True, they are pricey, but I generally believe they offer a good return of value, especially for newer players. Just sharing my personal opinion, obviously your remarks are just as valid :)
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    This vs. 30x10 + 6000 dil + 6000 chrons + 500 additional VIP. No question where my money goes.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Remember, there is no guarantee for the 4* crew. They are in the pack as possibilities, but are diluted with all three either crew.
    The only guarantee is a 5* if you buy the 10x.

I didn't get a single of the new 4*. That said, I did get Po, VA Janeway, as well as a FO Burnham, Braxton, and two Mutated Paris for my Evolved Janeway. So, I'm happy enough.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Bit on the offer (though not sure if I would again).

Decent pull.
    4* - Solbor and Rigel VII Vina (both first stars)
    5* - Q2 (4th star), Tribble Herder Scotty (1st star) and Enemy Lines Sisko (4th Star)

Guess I cant complain as the 5* crew are all wanted. But also got 4 1/4 cards which will just sit there collecting dust. Not sure its good value.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The last ET pack I bought I only had the two guaranteed legendaries, bad luck maybe but it did kind of put me off, particulary as most of the purples I have fused. I did buy the premium campaign this month though, 4 additional stars for Gloria and 2 golds from the 10-pull packs it gave me along with the legendary citation and all the other stuff...

It was a comparative bargain for less than a tenner.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • I've never gotten multiple begolds in the 5 Elusive Treasures packs I've opened. It's nice to see it's possible, but I certainly wouldn't bank on it for that price.

Given that I expect only two golds for $50, this is a terrible offer for anyone but noobs with cash to burn.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I had 5 begolds between my 2 packs. The last time it was offered I got hosed badly and was on the fence with another purchase, but I pushed my luck in the end. First stars on Desert Archer and Abomination Martok (somehow I had never pulled him), 5th stars on Professor Sato and Gunslinger Uhura, and a 2nd star on Loken. Down to 35 missing crew after this week, getting a lucky draw on Chancellor Martok as well.
  • One single pull, just to see if I'd get super lucky and get a beGold. Nope, it was an all immortal super-rare behold. Yay.

ditto. was a bummer but I tried a second pull at the "Empathy Gone Wrong" and got a third copy of Kamala, a behold and a begold, which gave me a 3rd copy of Seven in Silver. Overall worth it!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • It looks like they're re-running the same pack for a second time in a row, bit too pricey so only rich whales will be able to take full advantage of the sales.

If there were say 3 packs for 25.99 and purchasable 2-3 times, I think more people would bite on this.
  • I'm seeing a trend where bulk packs seems to be the thing lol, so I think this would of sold better if it was a regular 650 dil 10x