Home The Bridge

Voyages-the balance or the random chance

I know there was a thread on this a few months ago on the RNG on Voyages not dropping super rare items/crew. I am at a little over 9 hrs. low crew because I don't have any FF/FE 5*. So far 3 green and 3 blue for crew. 628 chrons, and 46 5* and 68 4* trainers. my highest on skills is Dip at nearly 3700, the rest fall into 2500-200 range. Normally by now I have got at least 1 purple, but no such luck. Seems like there was a change or do I just have too many purples not more than 1-2 *. 132/175 of my slots are purple. 22 gold, the rest below. I have 111 frozen 1-3*. My guess is the random chance is not giving any more purple since i have so many already.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• It doesn t matter at all how many purples you have, its pure RNG. Sometimes a 8h voyage gets you 4 purple crew, sometimes a 12h gets you zero.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random = Random

It does not look at your crew.

You can get a 9 hour voyage with multiple 4* crew and you can get a 9 hour voyage with no 4* crew. It's just how the dice roll.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that generally voyages that drop crew, drop a lot of crew but leas of other things. If it drops lots of chronitons, it drops chronitons. Similarly, it could be replicator rations. I find that a voyage randomly chooses to focus on one of the "good" rewards.
  • I know there was a thread on this a few months ago on the RNG on Voyages not dropping super rare items/crew. I am at a little over 9 hrs. low crew because I don't have any FF/FE 5*. So far 3 green and 3 blue for crew. 628 chrons, and 46 5* and 68 4* trainers. my highest on skills is Dip at nearly 3700, the rest fall into 2500-200 range. Normally by now I have got at least 1 purple, but no such luck. Seems like there was a change or do I just have too many purples not more than 1-2 *. 132/175 of my slots are purple. 22 gold, the rest below. I have 111 frozen 1-3*. My guess is the random chance is not giving any more purple since i have so many already.

Any thoughts?

When Voyages 1st started, 4* crew, Replicator rations etc.. were dropping regularly, Then DB announced a small change to reduce the number of 1* crew dropping and and adjustment to the chronitons. The end result was 4* crew and replicator rations virtually dried up. There were many threads about it but DB refused to comment, it was all just our imagination.
  • This is my voyage from yesterday, all purples collected between the 6-8 hour mark. None from dilemmas. Sometimes I don't even get a blue...

rpec25zxz3mi.png
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my voyage from yesterday, all purples collected between the 6-8 hour mark. None from dilemmas. Sometimes I don't even get a blue...

rpec25zxz3mi.png

That is what I mean. Sometimes it dumps a bunch of crew, sometimes rations, sometimes an abundance of chronitons. I've looked for a pattern, but have not found one. It appears to be random, but if a voyage favors one thing, it will give almost none of another.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    This is my voyage from yesterday, all purples collected between the 6-8 hour mark. None from dilemmas. Sometimes I don't even get a blue...
    rpec25zxz3mi.png

I really never have seen anything like this in my game. I would have even disputed @Zom[BAD] Squirrel 's 4 purples after 8 hours. Sometimes (very rarely) after 12 but never at 8. RNG is a b***h.

My yesterday's voyage went for 9.5 hours and had 1 blue and 4 green, 430 chrons, 180 straight honor and nothing else noteworthy apart from 15 purple replications. This is my standard outcome with very few exceptions.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before and i'll say it again it swings in runabouts.

In one of my voyages just the other day I got 8 purples from a 10 hour voyage another time 4 greens and 1 set of gold schematics - the only consolation was that it was the dilemma that usually gives you schematics and not the kind of dilemma that would normally drop a purple (although those also have been known to drop schematics instead as well).

Random is random... guarenteed, a purple, there is not.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is theory someone mentioned earlier in this forum that at the very beginning Voyage choose randomly different reward table and then rewards are different.
    1 gives you random 4 crew and some 3 or 2 crew and chrons and some honor
    1 gives you trainers and some 3 or 2 crew and more chrons and some honor
    1 gives you more 3 or 2 crew and chrons and more honor
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • This is my voyage from yesterday, all purples collected between the 6-8 hour mark. None from dilemmas. Sometimes I don't even get a blue...
    rpec25zxz3mi.png

I really never have seen anything like this in my game. I would have even disputed @Zom[BAD] Squirrel 's 4 purples after 8 hours. Sometimes (very rarely) after 12 but never at 8. RNG is a b***h.

My yesterday's voyage went for 9.5 hours and had 1 blue and 4 green, 430 chrons, 180 straight honor and nothing else noteworthy apart from 15 purple replications. This is my standard outcome with very few exceptions.

I have gotten the 4 purples in 6-8 hrs, but not since the DB change. I was just curious if it was that or just RNG. Could be both IMO. Got Cost of Living at hour 10 so another star on new Antaak, and 670 chrons. 10 4* replicator rations and 58-5* and 68-4* trainers, which i causally go for in voyages. Now that I have so many purple maybe I can start finishing them off, maybe not.
  • RNG is soul crushing. It just is what it is... no logic.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • A bit off topic but today I had a 9 hour 53 minute voyage and the last 10 minutes I kept getting eng hazards over and over and the gold skill was dip and the silver was sec. I had an over 11000 score on dip and 10000 on sec so in theory I think if I had kept getting dip like I should've as it was the gold skill I would've had that 10 hour finish.... But nope, got eng I think 4 times in a row. Very annoying but I did get 3 purples from it *cough* all useless *cough*
  • RNG is soul crushing. It just is what it is... no logic.

To help prove that point, here is my current Voyage; please help me commiserate.

Dilemma 1 @ Hour 2: A Higher Duty, Part 1
    Dilemma 2 @ Hour 4: A Higher Duty, Part 2

My interest is piqued, Perhaps I could get lucky in getting another McCoy?

6 Hour: Sticks & Stones – no big deal...
    8 Hour: A Higher Duty, Part 1. Ugh. At this point I succumb to curiosity and plan to extend to 12 hours.
    10 Hour: A Higher Duty, Part 2. Okay I can live with that.
    12 Hour: Blood-Red Tide: Reward – General Martok (First Purple)
    Okay, we'll go to 14 hours...
    Somewhere between 12-13 hours a ECH drops.

14 Hour: Blow by Blow. 2* Cmdr Chakotay. [rolls eyes]

I forget what the next ones are.

Still going. See where I am:

qs9swe8i15b7.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    RNG is soul crushing. It just is what it is... no logic.

To help prove that point, here is my current Voyage; please help me commiserate.

Dilemma 1 @ Hour 2: A Higher Duty, Part 1
    Dilemma 2 @ Hour 4: A Higher Duty, Part 2

My interest is piqued, Perhaps I could get lucky in getting another McCoy?

6 Hour: Sticks & Stones – no big deal...
    8 Hour: A Higher Duty, Part 1. Ugh. At this point I succumb to curiosity and plan to extend to 12 hours.
    10 Hour: A Higher Duty, Part 2. Okay I can live with that.
    12 Hour: Blood-Red Tide: Reward – General Martok (First Purple)
    Okay, we'll go to 14 hours...
    Somewhere between 12-13 hours a ECH drops.

14 Hour: Blow by Blow. 2* Cmdr Chakotay. [rolls eyes]

I forget what the next ones are.

Still going. See where I am:

qs9swe8i15b7.png

How did you get two Dilemmas to drop twice? I thought each could only come up once per Voyage......

EDIT: Here is my thread from The Ready Room about my run of Voyage luck.......

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12344/another-dumb-scott-question-but-it-has-been-a-while#latest
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Good catch, (I'm not awake yet.)

I actually scrolled through the whole log trying to figure out what was what, since I forgot to write them down.

Looks like 10 hour was "The Greater Need", and 8 hour was "Blood Red Tide".
    ECH dropped between 10-11 hours.

I wish the log times on the left were actual Voyage times, not based on real time clock.

Coming up on 23 hours, and no new purples yet. At this point do I recall..? Tough choice.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Just got Irumodic Syndrome Picard from "Outstretched Talons" at four hours. Second 🌟.

I've had "Chains & Ladders" at four hours a couple times for a four 🌟. It's just randomly random. I've had eight hour Voyages have all Dilemmas for two 🌟 Crew. Often with a Part One at eight hours, when I could not go for ten hours.............
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."