Home Ready Room
Options

What to do with even more legendary citations

SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in Ready Room
I have three legendary citations and would like to put them where they will do the most overall good. Below is what I have to work with. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell. If she is not on a voyage (rare), then she is on a shuttle.
  • Options
    Cornwell. If she is not on a voyage (rare), then she is on a shuttle.
    So all 3 to her then?
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Cornwall would be a good choice, but finishing Sato, Q, and Janeway will provide probabaly the widest roster-wide improvement.
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I would probably finish Janeway, Q, and Tenavik personally. Sato is fine if you care more about daily shuttles, but her voyage potential is good-not-great. But adding stars to Cornwell and/or EMA would certainly pay dividends too. You almost can't have enough MED primary crew for voyage lineups, and they are elites there.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    1. I know most players are disappointed, but I'd cite Garth of Izar with your roster - week 1 is not so interesting, but weeks 2-4 are and you'll get a huge benefit from him at max power for those weeks ... after the mega you'll have a decent voyager (especially since I see you're still sending the likes of Mirror Kirk out at lvl 80 - Garth does have good traits for Voyages where almost all but Shapeshifter is often in CMD/DIP/SEC seats) and is decent shuttler with the common skillset.

2. I would add the last two citations to any of the following:
    - Q as "God" - good for voyages (though his traits are kinda meh) and MED shuttles.
    - Determined Janeway - amazing all-round really ... you should have cited her during her event.
    - Tenavik - just great for voyages - a massive total score.
    - Gloria - another great crew for voyages - great DIP and a handy combo of skills, though her total is slightly on the low side.
    - Protomorphosis Barclay - sounding like a broken record here ... good for voyages, average total but a good combo of skills.

3. You have a lot of good crew ... pick one as a project that you can slowly cite up (e.g. EMA or Cornwell or Temporal Prisoner Chakotay).

The main take away here is ... cite up the mega event 5* during the event, it is such an easy step to take to normally get solid crew onto your roster.
    For the rest, hope for some lucky 5* beholds to add stars to any of the others. I'd wait for the last stars for Thrax and Sato like this.
    Save your Honor for the Honor sale later in December (fingers crossed they will do it again).
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    For voyages the above general advice of citing up your 4/5's or Garth is not a bad idea.

However an alternative approach with events more in mind is bringing Survivalist Kirk up to 4/5 - something like 90% of Kirk events have been faction orientated so there is quite a bit of potential future value there, and he's a rare eng/sci bonus crew for this mega event unless you have Professor Scott he is your only real alternative. Survivalist Kirk is also no slouch for voyages and often nabs a trait bonus too.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Finish Q as God, Tenavik, and Dealer’s choice for the last one. I’d probably go Sato or Determined Janeway, but there’s a few others that are justifiable.

Warship EMA should be your next big project.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur with the group - either finish Cornwell (or take the EMA to 4/5*) or use one each on Tenavik, Janeway, and your choice of Sato or Q.

I’d also strongly recommend leveling one crew at a time all the way to 100, rather than keeping so many between 50 and 90. Garth would be the highest priority, followed by anyone who could help either in the mega (Mirror Kirk at L100 next week should be helpful, for example) or that could fill a gap in your voyage or shuttle skills (Culber, Mambo Picard, Honey Bare, Solar Sails Sisko, Warship EMA, TP Chakotay, and even Temped Data all come to mind). Use this event to farm components and then replicate when necessary.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help everyone! Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Who did you choose?
  • Options
    I went with Janeway, Tenavik, and waiting to see if there is some kind of sale before I spend the honor on Cornwell, but she will be the third.
  • Options
    SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Have 5 citations now. Coming up a little short in SEC for shuttle missions.
    Is it worth immortalizing Thrax?
    va483xz2y9zb.png
    k2mwx9lpm3zu.png
    rixsqqy4hndb.png
    j9khll8klmbs.png
    a5rwuydya6lr.png
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpaceKat wrote: »
    Have 5 citations now. Coming up a little short in SEC for shuttle missions.
    Is it worth immortalizing Thrax?

If your primary focus is SEC, then yes, definitely get Thrax FF. I'd also suggest spending one on Proto Barclay, as I use him on the majority of my Voyages.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    How good are Killy or Gary Seven?
  • Options
    I very much want Killy. More stars means more power. But I just got Mr. Seven. He is on my short list since he is one of the best voyagers.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

The bulk of what Killy will do for you is already available at 1/5* - more stars increases her attack rating, but you may not need that depending on your other crew choices.

Gary Seven is perhaps one of the best crew in the game - a great gauntleteer (I would prioritize leveling him all the way to 100 over anybody unless you need to level someone for next week’s event) with a strong SCI base for shuttles and missions adds up to a phenomenal voyager. Although his raw total voyage score isn’t the best in the game (Captain Braxton has that honor), Gary Seven is more versatile on shuttle missions. The only real knocks I can think of are that his ship ability is poor and his event bonus opportunities are slim...they are minor concerns compared to what he can do for your crew.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Killy is great. As for Gary Seven, he's...
    kpgvffj581wa.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want SEC crew then I'm with those who highlight Gary Seven ...

Not only that but if you want to throw some citations on decent SEC base crew (for shuttles) then Temporal Prisoner Chakotay is also a good option, his base is higher than Thrax's and he is more useful for voyages due to his good skill combo. Ba'ul is better than TP Chakotay, but you don't have it and they are not yet in the portal, so Chakotay's all you got there.

Thrax has had his moment in the spotlight during his mega ... that has passed and he's the type of crew that will age faster than Chakotay and Gary Seven (e.g. Q, Janeway and Tenavik will hold up better over time) ... if you didn't immortalise him during his mega just wait for him to come up in a behold at some point in the (far) future.

I'm of the opinion that Killy is fine enough as a 1+/5 ... cite her up if you like her but I'd personally focus elsewhere (see above).
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. Maximum effort going into G7. Only 3 items left to FE.