Home The Bridge

Having sound on the App is cool......

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in The Bridge
At the library, I never have the sound on. It's cool 😎 that Scottie has several sound clips. My favorite ❤️ was "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank." until the first time I heard "That is soda pop where I come from. Now this is a man's drink."

🍺🍻🥂🍹🍸
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine this may be been discussed in other areas of the forum already, but while I appreciate the sound effects of the game, I really wish the app wouldn't override the sound (podcast, etc) I might have playing when I launch it. After years of playing, this is near the top of my QOL wishlist.

When I am playing at the library on a computer with audio, I listen to "50+" playlists on YouTube, with game sound off.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I imagine this may be been discussed in other areas of the forum already, but while I appreciate the sound effects of the game, I really wish the app wouldn't override the sound (podcast, etc) I might have playing when I launch it. After years of playing, this is near the top of my QOL wishlist.

Sadly this was something that was added about a year into the game's life. Prior to that, it didn't interrupt music/etc. Now, it does it on startup every time, but you can usually re-start your music after.

Separately, I always though the game was just trolling when it says "Best enjoyed with sound on" and then has the loud, droning engine noise you can't shut off. I've been playing with game sound turned off for years now because of it -- which makes it even more frustrating that it cancels what I'm listening to when it starts.
  • I neither play with game sound or play and listen to music... Silence... Peace and quiet ... Till I loose my nonfatigued locutus to some blue crew cause of crits in gauntlet, then there is this big thud of a phone hitting my wall.
  • Luckily poweramp allows for the ignoring of stop playing req from other aps .... But I've been saying that this is annoying ever since the "feature" was introduced... I have the game muted as other then some rare sound bytes from some crew all you hear is the engine and the same repetitive noises .... Gauntlet / arena and the repetitive interface noise .... Worse then windows 95
  • Sound off for me. I think i had it for 1 day and after that i found it annoying.
  • Do you know, I am still a bit miffed that Bashir's two quotes, (""I'm a doctor, not an historian," "I think I'm going to like history"!) disappeared: those were about the only voice clips in the game that felt relevant to the mixed-up timelines plot, and they came from a bloody great episode.

Have any other voice clips disappeared?
  • Clone wrote: »
    Sadly this was something that was added about a year into the game's life. Prior to that, it didn't interrupt music/etc. Now, it does it on startup every time, but you can usually re-start your music after.

Yeah, the counter-override usually works (I think this was actually improved a year or so ago), except on occasion (on my iPad) restarting my podcast after the game boots has the mysterious effect of also disabling my bluetooth headphones. Great fun for my half-asleep partner when I'm playing in bed at night and some podcast voice starts shouting into the darkness.
  • Which Scotty card has those clips? I’ve never heard them
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Which Scotty card has those clips? I’ve never heard them

It is the sound during ship battles.
    My Captain Scott says those quotes during ship battles.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Scotty card has those clips? I’ve never heard them

Professor Scott says like five different things during Battle when you activate him. When selected to use him, or equip gear on him, he does the standard "...no bloody A, B, C, or D" soundbite.......
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a fan of the sound. How else do you hear "Behold!"?

I would love it if the characters had more sound clips. STT could double as a Star Trek soundboard!

There are loads of characters that would benefit if they had their sound clips. Admiral Patrick is an obvious recent addition, but older ones include Trelane and Nomad.