Home The Bridge
Options

What about Golds in Voyages?

I am sure this has been brought up before. But the rate which new Legendary cards are released, most people have a glut of 1* Golds that they will likely never finish. Hell - there are some cards some of us will never see.

I've seen a few ideas on how to make it a little easier to pull some of those older Gold cards - but people mostly point out that it would be unbalanced in favor of the people willing to pay money.

What about having Voyages drop gold cards? It might be cool to have Golds start to drop (at least eligible to drop) after say, 6 or 8 hours.

I know I don't even get excited about Voyages anymore, even if I get a bunch of purples. I can't remember the last time a Voyage dropped a card I actually needed. This would certainly extend the games playability for some people.
CABTools.app
Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been a few suggestions put out there for how legendary crew could be added to voyages. The biggest questions are which crew would be included (from the entire active pool from premium packs, or a more limited selection) and when they would start dropping (after 6, 8, 10, or more hours). We can assume the drop rate will be even lower than that for super rare crew, however, so I’m not sure how much more excitement could be generated...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. But it would need to limit it to 5* you already own. Otherwise you'd just make the problem worse and get even more 1/5s you'll never finish.

Also, maybe only start adding them over 10 hours to make them harder to achieve.
  • Options
    I think the simplest implementation is to use all of the ones from the currently available pool for packs. Getting overly complicated by adding other variables (I have no idea how restricting it to crew you already own would bog things down in the code) probably isn't necessary.

I dunno - I regularly hit Voyages from 9-11 hours long. If I dropped a Gold per week running voyages constantly, I think that would be a positive boost without hurting DB's profitability or hurting the game economy at all. I don't think they are really making much money on those old Golds anyway....
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a 2* at 14 the other day on my long Voyage. Legendary would have been nicer...........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 353 5* and 301 4* in the game.
    I don't know the exact number that are in the portal, but let's estimate it at 320 5* and 275 4*.

Think about how many useless 4* you get from Voyages as is. And think about how many of those 320 5* you actually have. All you will do is end up getting more 1/5s. If you're using the honor pinata strategy, then it will mean 550 honor rather than 200 honor. Other than that, it will mean a sea of more 1/5s taking up even more roster spots than your current glut.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    There are 353 5* and 301 4* in the game.
    I don't know the exact number that are in the portal, but let's estimate it at 320 5* and 275 4*.

Think about how many useless 4* you get from Voyages as is. And think about how many of those 320 5* you actually have. All you will do is end up getting more 1/5s. If you're using the honor pinata strategy, then it will mean 550 honor rather than 200 honor. Other than that, it will mean a sea of more 1/5s taking up even more roster spots than your current glut.

Yeah - you kind of need to airlock the 1/5s if you don't have space. I just don't see a solution to the problem of making the 5*s a little more available that doesn't involve the possibility of gaining more 1/5s.

Players who can't bring themselves to airlock them when they have too many are playing it wrong! I can't see not making an improvement to the game just to accommodate them. If that's the issue, people should just take the extra 350 honor and move on.
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    I'm open to anything that makes it easier to finish legendaries. Even if it means getting more 1/5's. I've got the slots. Any small hope of getting more stars, even on the old useless cards (especially so?), would be welcome.
  • Options
    Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I fully endorse tbhs idea.

Make it year general portal 1/2 legendaries only initially....the older cards, no pack exclusives...and have them drop after 6hrs.

While we are at it....start dropping older super rares at 2 hours too.

Make these possible by having an "unlock key" for a voyage that activates by choosing the featured ship and a score over 2800
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer to get 3* and 4* components (including spices that are supposed to be components) post 10h duration. Golds why not, but I think in dilemmas only, like a Cat 4 dilemma (200 honor, 150 chronitons, Legendary card).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer to get 3* and 4* components (including spices that are supposed to be components) post 10h duration. Golds why not, but I think in dilemmas only, like a Cat 4 dilemma (200 honor, 150 chronitons, Legendary card).

I get so many more replicator rations than I need that I just replicate any 3*+ items for characters when I need them. I'd rather not dilute voyages even more with items to make the inventory cap worse.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3* and 4* components cost a ton of chronitons, more than you get from voyages usually. Those are worth their spots in the item inventory. I'd rather kick equipment that drops from the Dabo wheel and campaign boxes and doesn't belong to anyone.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I literally just posted a thread on this. I'm totally for it!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I get so many more replicator rations than I need that I just replicate any 3*+ items for characters when I need them. I'd rather not dilute voyages even more with items to make the inventory cap worse.

Same here

s5rhuynbwssi.jpeg

• Options
    I'd love the opportunity to get more golds out of voyages, but I'd prefer if we got begolds or batches of 20k+ honor than 5* crew outright. That would make it easier not to get stuck with a bunch of 1/5s.