Home Engineering Room

Wrong insignia on Torpedo Surgeon McCoy?

Is it my imagination or did the artwork on Torpedo Surgeon McCoy pin a captain's pin rather than a commander's pin on the new TS McCoy's right shoulder. The insignia on his left forearm is correct, but the pin on his shoulder seems wrong, though it is hard to tell ....
That's Captain Tambourine Man to you.

Comments

• edited December 2019
    zxoaj8oc2f2n.jpg
    xg1j3o2ouh9c.jpg
    Seems we have another 'Kira was given a Commander not Captain commission' again with the artwork, just this time it's McCoy. I wonder how long DB will take to fix this?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    u1olhaeqf8og.jpeg

Looks like you are right my screenshot is from iPad. Slightly higher resolution
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    My disappointment for my most wanted crew grows ever deeper.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    The color of his uniform, in the movie, is an olive-green color, which I bet isn't easy to get just right in such a small image. Honestly, it's kinda like that dress thing a ways back: I see a slightly off grey, which could be green in a shadow, but other could see it differently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But, yeah, the rank insignia is wrong.

To close out, let's all enjoy that fun scene! :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Letting the team know.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    The color of his uniform, in the movie, is an olive-green color, which I bet isn't easy to get just right in such a small image. Honestly, it's kinda like that dress thing a ways back: I see a slightly off grey, which could be green in a shadow, but other could see it differently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But, yeah, the rank insignia is wrong.

To close out, let's all enjoy that fun scene! :)

The incorrect uniform in not unprecedented. For Mirror T’Pol, in the pose they took they put her in the skirt but in the actual show, in that pose she was wearing the regular Starfleet uniform of the time

edited December 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Changing pose or swapping scenes is artistic license. Getting the wrong insignia or color undershirt is an error that should be corrected.

I was referring to the color of the uniform, not the insignia.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not bothered that they did a head-switch with Spock, I watched that scene a couple weeks back and there really wasn’t a great pose for McCoy anywhere. I’m even impressed at how well the head fits on the body (face isn’t perfect but the angle and proportions look good)...it would have been nice to get the little things right as well, though.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not bothered that they did a head-switch with Spock, I watched that scene a couple weeks back and there really wasn’t a great pose for McCoy anywhere. I’m even impressed at how well the head fits on the body (face isn’t perfect but the angle and proportions look good)...it would have been nice to get the little things right as well, though.

I can't get past wondering if Chris Cooper is getting royalties from DB........
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Looks like they based it on a screen shot of Spock from the same scene and put McCoy's head on it (or something like that).

You mean he's not....

the real McCoy?

Ha!! That was 1000 times awesome!

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    You mean he's not....
    the real McCoy?

Nice one. I think I posted elsewhere this screen shot of the real McCoy from that scene. It was the best one I could capture. As you can see, it's an awkward position and blurry to boot. So I understand why the DB artist did what he/she did.

n18rpeq3opv5.png
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    You mean he's not....
    the real McCoy?

Nice one. I think I posted elsewhere this screen shot of the real McCoy from that scene. It was the best one I could capture. As you can see, it's an awkward position and blurry to boot. So I understand why the DB artist did what he/she did.

n18rpeq3opv5.png

Spock: It appears we need to replace the cyan toner cartridge not the black.

McCoy: Dammit man, I told you already, it's cheaper to replace all the cartridges at once.

As a former copier repair technician, I find this very funny.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    they fixed it in the promo art, so it should make it to game soon

c3jzwrx50dpm.png

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

c3jzwrx50dpm.png

It appears to be in game. I cannot make out the exact detail, but there is less insignia on his shoulder.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

c3jzwrx50dpm.png

The rank insignia is fixed. The uniform accents and turtleneck are still white.