Home The Bridge
Options

What is your personal worst voyage?

I was feeling to post this pic on the"personal best voyage" or the "voyage-funnies"-thread but better lets start a new one.
THIS is just not fair and another proof that Voyages have been nerfed for sure!! :s:s:s
kl2kk5dlzviq.jpg

Wasted one refresh-token for nothing and just called the ship back after i took the picture.
Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all RNG. This EXACT voyage earlier today stayed out 10:13. EXACT same voyage with the EXACT same 12 crew barely made it 9 hours, but managed to get more Honor and more Chronitons.

It's all RNG.

eayrpfcnn05h.jpg
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal worst? I was moving too fast one day and managed to recall my voyage after less than 15 seconds by mistake clearing the messages. Pretty sure that was my most abysmal loot voyage ever.
  • Options
    RNG at its worst? Going 12 hours with no blue or gold drops. At its best? 4 purple drops between the 6 and 8 hour delimmas.
    8tky8p3z3jjd.jpg
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was feeling to post this pic on the"personal best voyage" or the "voyage-funnies"-thread but better lets start a new one.
    THIS is just not fair and another proof that Voyages have been nerfed for sure!! :s:s:s
    kl2kk5dlzviq.jpg

Wasted one refresh-token for nothing and just called the ship back after i took the picture.

I had this one too.
    Except without the blue.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Why would you recall with 20 min to go? And RNG has always been streaky on Voyages. All this proves is you had one unlucky voyage. When you get three 4* to drop before 8 hours you don't post that it's proof Voyages have been tweaked to give more crew.

This. Using the conservative AM duration formula, 498 AM gives at least 22.6 minutes.

However, that Voyage is at 10:59 and change. Over sixty minutes left.

===============================

My worst? Has to be losing five SuperRares I could use for Fusing, 600+ Chronitons, and a good stack of purple Replicator Rations, because I forgot to recall, and had no way to Revive.........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My worst? Has to be losing five SuperRares I could use for Fusing, 600+ Chronitons, and a good stack of purple Replicator Rations, because I forgot to recall, and had no way to Revive.........

#TheAdventuresOfDScottHewitt
  • Options
    I remember an 8 hour voyage where I earned less than 300 chrons.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Em CamEm Cam ✭✭✭
    9hrs with top crew: 4 commons and a very common on top.
  • Options
    Have you ever tried to get a "best of worst"? Sometimes I just keep getting a raw deal on ship choices, and the RNG is relentless and doesn't let me have a decent ship. (Maquis, Hirogen, Scout, etc.) I got Hirogen option 5 times in a row, so I decided to make the Voyage "Best of Worst".

So... I load up the crew choices with the WORST (scroll to the bottom) on the list. I try to get as many 2 skill as possible, also.

Yes, this is the WORST crew I have. All are 1/5 and 1/4. Here is the result.

Still made it past 5 hours, which kind of surprised me a bit. All All Hazards were losing at this point anyway. I pulled it just as it dropped below 200AM, just because I was tired of waiting for it. :D

fqtlw2ntpvh2.png

BTW – I think the ship might be a Wookie vessel based on the name?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a voyage last week that I had to recall at the 9:58:52 mark.

The loot and dilemmas were so bad that I had no desire to extend it, even if that would have given me 2 extra dilemmas @ 10 and 12 hours.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    lu3d3ihvfxrg.png

New personal record of disappointment.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    lu3d3ihvfxrg.png

New personal record of disappointment.

That is bad. And only one rare to boot.
  • Options
    kl2kk5dlzviq.jpg

This is what most of my voyages look like.

Also, I don't understand using a voyage token on a "poor voyage". If the purples or chrons or honor or whatever you're looking for isn't dropping prodigiously without a refresh, there's a high degree of probability it'll be the same for the next ~2 hours.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    kl2kk5dlzviq.jpg

Also, I don't understand using a voyage token on a "poor voyage". If the purples or chrons or honor or whatever you're looking for isn't dropping prodigiously without a refresh, there's a high degree of probability it'll be the same for the next ~2 hours.

I do agree. I know I have seen turn arounds, but usually things stay the same and no crew drop.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    kl2kk5dlzviq.jpg

Previous results are not indicative of future performance.

The odds of getting a lot of crew or whatever you want in the next two hours is the same regardless of the previous two hours.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    But when the RNG shows signs of streaks. You are better off assuming the streak goes on, I have had bad results with the RNG on skirmishes for getting Chron. I did not notice initially I was not getting chron. It was one of those results where you remove it from the data set because it throws the final result off.

What I did after to compensate was to not run more than 5 skirmishes in a row.
    My results for all those 5 skirmishes (I did this on two accounts) were dead on of expected results for drop rate of all items.

Every time I ran longer string of skirmishes my results were varied favoring one or another item. The expected drop rate took a much larger data set to approach the expected value. But the shorter skirmishes approached it much more rapidly.

What I expect is the problem with the RNG, is that, it is generated by an equation that is an addition of sinusoids of different frequencies. I am guessing here, but I think these will have areas where they do not change that much In floating point, basically being stuck in a range of values for a length of time. This, in my belief, is causing short term bias ness when the returned random number is then associated with a range of numbers to get a result.

So the way I see to get out of the bad sequence of RNG values, is to stop and try another time.

If one is on a long voyage the streak does seem to end, but it still seems to take a while to see a change. I just had a voyage where my main account had lots of Superrare crew dropping right from the start. But my second account seemed like it was not going to get any extra over dilemmas. Then I finally got about 5, for a span of four hours, just before I returned, I returned because I got both part threes of the two three parters.

I need so few superrares that to me I really just ignore whether crew are dropping or not. I only do 8 hour voyages never using voyage supply tokens. If ever I fail to reach 8 hours or for some reason I go beyond the 8 hour, I do not revive the voyage I abandon it.

When I have 33 supply tokens I do a long voyage and return after I get the second part 3 dilemma.

Edit: I think 33 tokens might be overkill. I ran the numbers and 33 should go for 76 hours. 31 goes for 71.89 hours. I figure one should be able to go to 8 hours without a revive, (but plan on one extra just in case) So if one is planning on doing all 36 dilemmas you should have 28 tokens. 28 tokens will go for 64.93 hours. These numbers were all calculated using max AM of 2950.

The safe thing to do is not to start a long voyage until you have 29 tokens and also full trait matching crew and ship for the 2950AM. And make sure the primary and secondary stats have about 8000 or more points the more the better. Because you will be going past their failure point. So even if you fail to reach the 8 hour point, the AM will be made up as you keep going.

Also 3 dilemmas can be skipped. The three two part dilemmas, by choosing a choice that will not give the second part, you can skip the second part. That, will shorten the voyage by 6 hours.
  • Options
    12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »
    kl2kk5dlzviq.jpg

Previous results are not indicative of future performance.

The odds of getting a lot of crew or whatever you want in the next two hours is the same regardless of the previous two hours.

In theory, perhaps.

That presumes the use of a tRNG, or at the very least, a robust pRNG that is proven bug free in design and implementation. It also presumes that voyages are purely RNG driven and that no other factor is programmed in. There is no reason to believe either of these presumptions. Can you supply a link to a DB authored source that says otherwise, in addition to independent testing and confirmation?

On the other hand, a poorly implemented/designed low quality pRNG would more accurately fit observations that some voyages tend to favor dropping certain types of rewards. This type of result wouldn't require purposeful design and seems perfectly in keeping with DB's demonstrated development efforts.
  • Options
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Personal worst? I was moving too fast one day and managed to recall my voyage after less than 15 seconds by mistake clearing the messages. Pretty sure that was my most abysmal loot voyage ever.

Same, it couldn't have been longer than 10 seconds.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.