Home Ready Room

Definitive answer please!

I've heard different things from different people, had a look through game guides and help pages and not found anything concrete.

Faction even, which is true?
i) your shuttles must be home before deadline to count
ii) overrunning shuttles will only count if you keep the game open until they finish
iii) as long as they're started before deadline they will count (success/fail is predetermined anyway)

thank you!

Comments

• Your shuttles must be home before the deadline to count.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    In a full faction event:
    Your shuttles have to be claimed or dil-completed before the end of the event to get VP from them. Since event rank rewards are determined instantly at the end of the event there is no other option for this.

In a faction/galaxy or other hybrid where faction is phase 1:
    If the shuttles were opened (does not require them to be started yet) before the end of phase 1 (the faction phase), as long as they are completed/claimed in phase 2 before the end of the event, you will get VP.

What he said.
    In my experience, you should keep the game open when going into the second half of a hybrid event.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    In a full faction event:
    Your shuttles have to be claimed or dil-completed before the end of the event to get VP from them. Since event rank rewards are determined instantly at the end of the event there is no other option for this.

If the shuttles were opened (does not require them to be started yet) before the end of phase 1 (the faction phase), as long as they are completed/claimed in phase 2 before the end of the event, you will get VP.

What he said.
    In my experience, you should keep the game open when going into the second half of a hybrid event.

Keep the game open and do not click/tap on the Event button to peek at the phase 2 dialogue...if you run more than one set of overhang shuttles, the completion percentage and event crew sorting will be reset to their normal display settings even for the open event missions. It’s not impossible to run them like this but it sure is a lot harder.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    In a full faction event:

Many thanks for this, any chance that you could point me towards the source? There is very likely other stuff that I'm unaware of or have been given conflicting advice on. For instance squad share points, do they get added as you go or at the end of the event?
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are little buttons on-screen ... an "i" in a circle ... you could try those for source information ... the squad one explains it all very clearly.
    You can also just track your VP points yourself ... e.g. while your shuttles are out are you gaining VP points as a squad leader? If you're not a squad leader, ask them ...

These things aren't difficult to find out really.

The Faction/Galaxy thing is both a positive and negative ... i.e. you can't really craft while the shuttles are out because your event crew will be on those shuttles ... also, a successful 9 hr shuttle gives you a meagre 8000 VP ... you can get that within 2 minutes of crafting items.
    I live in Europe and the change of phase is about 6PM ... the evening is when I usually have time to play the game, so I usually only send one small batch of overnight shuttles (if I remember) ... lately, though the game has restarted itself (e.g. if I get a phone call the game will restart automatically when I reopen it), it didn't really do this in the past, so I've found the effectiveness to have dropped a bit in this tactic.
    If I can help my squad leader out by sending their shared crew after the phase change I certainly do it, but otherwise not really, I'd rather run Section 31 shuttles.
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I always try to open extra shuttles just before the phase change. Even if I hold the event crew back for crafting and the shuttle fails, it's still 1600VP for free.
  • @Vid As for full factions, that been answered; you need to "claim" them before the faction ends, or you won't get the VP.

As for crew share VP, you get it throughout the event, but I'm pretty sure it's not instantaneous. (This is just a guess based on my experience).

Last, the following is what I copy and past, to my fleet/squad, every faction-hybrid event. I have no sources; I built this guide from trial and error (more or less) myself. I hope it helps! [=

FACTION-HYBRID EVENTS TIP: 1. Open ALL shuttles a few minutes before phase one ends. 1a. You will still get VP from those shuttles, even after the event officially switches to phase two. 1b. Make sure to send nine hour shuttles, before your shuttles expire

as the very last thing you do. 1c. You probably won't be able to send them all, unless you use time boosts, but this will allow you to send the best success shuttles. 2. You will still get crew bonuses, for those shuttles, during phase two. 2a. If you

log out, you may loose the ability to see the crew bonuses (even though they are still there). 3. A way to avoid loosing the ability, to see the bonuses (other than not logging out), is to NOT tap the "start button" for phase two; not for any reason.

Notes: Step 3 works on both Android and Steam, it does not work on Apple. IDK about other platforms.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Yep, watched what was happening as a squad leader, whilst doing nothing my points have increased due to the actions of others.

Not been one for running shuttles crossing hybrids as generally more points are on offer in the 2nd part than the shuttles are worth, especially given my time zone doesn't mesh with leaving them to run into night-time.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notes: Step 3 works on both Android and Steam, it does not work on Apple. IDK about other platforms.

I must have skipped reading this part earlier...viewing the proper completion percentages and bonus crew sorting for overhang shuttles in Hybrid events does work on iOS but only if you logged into STT before the phase change and if you don’t reload the app - if you use Facebook or something else that is memory-intensive, you will find that you’ve been logged out and then you’ll be stuck looking for bonus crew for overhang shuttles the hard way.