Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage bug - starred stats not changing

@Shan Cmd and Med have been gold and silver starred and Transwarp Drive the ship bonus ability, since Wednesday morning. I thought they were supposed to change every 24hrs? I've exited and restarted the game multiple times (I don't keep it running in the background as games seem to overwork the fan in my system) so it's not that. I'm assuming voyages haven't been changed so that the same two stats will always be starred now?
Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.

Comments

• Options
    pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing the same, locked on SCI/MED with the same ship & crew traits since the Tuesday evening (US Eastern Time) voyage I sent. It switched briefly with the server push bug mid voyage like everyone else, but reset as that voyage was returning and for my last two voyages sent out Wednesday afternoon ~4PM ET and this morning ~7AM ET.
  • Options
    Same, been at ENG/SCI since before they fixed the one voyage issue
  • Options
    Stuck on same skills since hot fix also
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are looking into it.

Could you restart the game after having completed and claimed the rewards, and let me know when you did. That would be a good data point for us, and will help in our investigation.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also could you all confirm whether or not you were affected on Wednesday? Thank you!
  • Options
    I didn't get any of the issues people reported on Wednesday. I've done a couple of voyages since the hard recall, can't remember the times, but when the current one finishes I'll post here.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not affected on Wednesday (as I was in recall mode when the bug bit many others), but I also get the same voyage type for a lot longer than I should be getting (this time it's Prakesh with SCI-DIP priority).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I was not affected by wednesday recall issues.

Had to uninstall/reinstall to get it to change. Didnt even think to clear app data first.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are still looking into this, there is no real issue that we can see apart from the fact that a restart is needed more often than not.

For Voyages, the reset for skills/traits is at 00:00 UTC.
    If you were logged in prior to that time, restart the game before starting a new Voyage.

If you had a Voyage ongoing prior to that time, and it completes after 00:00 UTC you will also need to restart the game to make sure to see the new skills/traits.
  • Options
    pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    Well I restarted before sending all of these voyages and then immediately after they went out.

A restart did it for me just now, though, but I did not pass 0:00 UTC between my last voyage (sent this morning ~ 7am ET) and now (5:21pm). Did a post-sending reset, too, and the new skills & traits are still there.
  • Options
    Shan, I have been stuck with the worst combo of traits (ENG/MED) and same ship since the hard recall on Wednesday. I have restarted many times since then but no changes. There must be some secret if people are getting 'updated' traits. ALSO, I NEVER had the traits change at 0000 UTC. Mines always changed at 0200UTC (I live in the US Central Time Zone). I hope that DB will do the 'honorable' thing and give a nice honor reward for all of the voyages that I have NOT sent out since I can't find a single character that crosses over for both ENG/MED so my voyages have been less than spectacular. I also noticed since the recall that I got NO hitch-hikers between dilemmas. I'm used to seeing 3 or more on a 6 voyage and got ZERO. Any idea on that issue?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    We are still looking into this, there is no real issue that we can see apart from the fact that a restart is needed more often than not.

For Voyages, the reset for skills/traits is at 00:00 UTC.
    If you were logged in prior to that time, restart the game before starting a new Voyage.

If you had a Voyage ongoing prior to that time, and it completes after 00:00 UTC you will also need to restart the game to make sure to see the new skills/traits.

All of this is known. Please keep working on it in case other issues arise from it.

My solution was to uninstall the game to correct .
  • Options
    We are looking into it.

Could you restart the game after having completed and claimed the rewards, and let me know when you did. That would be a good data point for us, and will help in our investigation.

Okay, so I claimed the rewards, shut down the game and reloaded just now (2:33am BST), and... it worked. Tis a bit odd as I haven't had to shut down and reload before in order for the starred stats to change for the next voyage, but yeah it worked. Seemingly I'm going to have to start doing that now. Did that need to be changed to fix the other bugs that people reported?
  • Options
    For me the workaround worked. But you definitively need to restart the game after you have claimed the rewards. I tried a new voyage without restart and came up with the same MED/COM combo. I restarted and it came up with SEC/DIP. Definitely a bug, but not much of a headache if the workaround is known.
  • Options
    I was affected by the mid-Voyage stat change, I have reset many times over the past few days, and every new Voyage has called for the same ship trait/skill combo.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    This is so annoying...

I`m stuck with SEC/ENG and Warship for 3 days...

Changing is good do alternate characters due to their features. Otherwise it becomes very repetitive.
  • Options
    My first voyage after the mass recall is still stuck at over 48 hours now... I submitted a ticket on Wednesday, plus two update screenshots, but no word from support yet.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    [RotP] Scoustar[RotP] Scoustar ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I've been stuck with SCI/ENG since Wednesday. Next voyage to return I will collect & claim then restart to see if that changes the traits...

EDIT - I've enjoyed having 2650 antimatter as a starting point from the same ship. I hope this doesn't change, or there'll be real trouble >:)
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Scoustar. I had the same problem, Hirgen with CMD and SEC. After the return today, restarted and finally got something different.
  • Options
    I've been stuck with the same set of skills for Voyages since the forced recall as well.I wish they were better skills s my normal voyage can go 7 hours without dying, with the stuck set I can't make it past 6. Please fix!
  • Options
    I've had the same problem. Dip/Eng been stuck for many days. I just read this thread now.

Voyager is done, ship returned. THEN i restart game and try again, the trade changes.

Is this something we need to do everytime untill problem fixed?
  • Options
    I also have had this bug for days.
  • Options
    Gib wrote: »
    Scoustar. I had the same problem, Hirgen with CMD and SEC. After the return today, restarted and finally got something different.

Thanks Gib!

Only 7 more hours or so to wait for my ship to return........... :sleeping:
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: we are working on a fix for this and it should hopefully go live tomorrow.
    More information as soon as I have it, thank you for your patience and your reports.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the issue for several days, but was able to get them to change last night by claiming and then restarting and reinstalling the app immediately. I did not reopen a voyage before the restart this time.

Other days I had claimed, opened and then closed after seeing they were the same, then restarted which did not work.
  • Options
    We are looking into it.

I've been having this issue as well. I had a mission finish up around 11 AM US EST and after claiming the rewards, I closed the Android client, restarted it and no stats change. I also logged in from a separate Android device as well as the Steam client and they showed the same set of stats desired for a new voyage (which is the same as I've had for several days).

I may have been affected by the bug in Voyages last week. I had a voyage that should have been throwing a dilemma prompt, but it wasn't . Since even restarting didn't help the prompt show up, I just recalled the voyage as it was at less than 100 anti-matter (which worked successfully).

Please let me know if there is any other data I can provide that might be useful.

Thanks!
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Well, whatever fix was supposed to go out today either didn't or didn't work. However, restarting the client between collecting and sending out a new one worked for me. I really shoulda kept the stuck skills rolling as I had pretty much optimized the crew :)
  • Options
    Update: we are working on a fix for this and it should hopefully go live tomorrow.
    More information as soon as I have it, thank you for your patience and your reports.

I just got a change to cmd/sec after restart game AFTER voyager returned. My favoritt combo.

So.... just take your time on fixing this bug. Lets say... few more days? :blush:
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will update this thread when the fix is live.

Please note that on mobile you need to force close the app to restart the game properly.