Home Engineering Room
Options

STT notifications on Apple Watch?

Recently received an Apple Watch. I get haptic & sound notifications for mail, calendar, news, etc but for some reasons the STT notifications show on the screen but without any sound or haptic feedback. I checked my settings and sound is activated. I am starting to wonder if these notifications come with sound or am I doing something wrong? Does it work for someone else?

Best Answer

• Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Major_Gee wrote: »
    I’ve given up and turned them off altogether rather than develop a false sense of security.

Yes, same. Am relying on Garmin and / or Fitbit as backup if I want the notifications. Sad.

Answers

• Options
    Same here. I've missed alerts because of this.
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I still have not been able to solve this. My best guess is that since the actual STT notifications on the iPhone are silent, the watch mirrors it and so you get no haptic feedback when they appear on the watch. So, unless DB tweaks their notifications programming so that they include sound when they appear, we can’t get it to work.
  • Options
    I’ve noticed the same. I’ve also had some very late “low antimatter” alerts, costing me a revival token or an abandoned voyage (depending on the rewards). I’ve given up and turned them off altogether rather than develop a false sense of security.
  • Options
    Its occurring on Android also, only for Shuttles returning. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.