Home The Bridge

Congratulations Bylo!!!

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
Awesome!! My good friend finished 8th!! Way to go bro!!

wvrd3vfwgkop.png

Comments

• Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations
  • Well done!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Bylo.
  • Great Job Bylo!!!
    Now about that Gauntlet you're in...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I coulda beat you! I had 134 shuttle rentals left.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!!!!!

🎊🎉🎇🎆🖖🎇🎆🎉🎊🎂🎂🎂🎂👍👍👍👍👍❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • Outstanding on both achievements! Well Done
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Curious on your thoughts about trying again👍
  • Congrats!
    I, for one, welcome new Bylo OverBand..........
    An Alternative Path to 3/5 Copies of Cirroc Lofton's Best Moment

I was going to get one copy of Jake on the principle that its a card I already have, he's main cast and top 1500 isn't that hard. I then I had a realization why I'm a mindlessly stockpiling all this crap if I'm not going to spend it? Let's try and do better. I had already obtained Janitor Kirk from last week mostly because I like episode and its Kirk with solid ENG. I bought two packs for the event and got Harris twice. Off to a lukewarm start.

Thursday:
    Modified Kick start and then run 4x 90 min shuttles till I get 4k shuttles. Run 7x 3hr Ferengi Shuttles till bedtime. I skip the 5 Seater. The shuttle containing the loaner Garth from my squad leader got a reward doubler, the rest got 3* skill buffs. Wake up once in the middle of the night to reset shuttles.

Friday:
    Repeat the same strat. Thaw out some more TOS crew for more options. This comfortably putting me in the top 100 but that's not enough.

Saturday:
    At this point I decided I needed more. Switched to running the 6 3-seaters from all factions plus two more 4 seaters. I started of using only two reward doublers but later switched to using them on all shuttles. Thawed out the rest of my useful TOS crew (ie not Amb Spock) and withheld useful high base stat crew from Voyages. Woke up once in the middle of the night to reset shuttles.

Sunday:
    Closer to top 25 but knowing that there's whales out there I decided it was time to step on the gas. I started running 12 shuttles all with reward doublers. Usually I would pass 11/12 shuttles. I did this all morning and afternoon until I ran low on doublers. Early evening I had 24 left and I wanted to hold them for overnight. All evening I ran 12 90 minute shuttles. WoW guildmates asked me to tank Mechagon which goofed my timing a little so the last set before bed time were 1hr shuttles. Burned off the remaining doublers overnight (12 and 12).

Monday:
    Not wanting to screw around I brute forced it and ran 36 1hr shuttles.

3/5 Jakes, roughly the same amount of sleep I get every night and no dilithium spent. I did spend roughly 250 shuttle rentals and 100 reward doublers. I'm out of the latter. Not bad but I'm also choked that next week is a boring flashback event. The dilithium reward allowed me to buy another event pack. I got a Kirk this time.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, back from a 90 minute walk with the kids, time to reply to a few people :)
    WaldoMag wrote: »

If I magically got refunded ALL the resources I dumped into this event I would ABSOLUTELY do it again, it was a LOT of fun. That being said, it took me months and months of careful decision making/hoarding to stockpile those resources, so it will be a while before I can do it again, but wow, it was exciting!
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I am not sure you saw it or processed it in your frenzy of activity, but last night when I saw you and I were both active and making runs up the leaderboard I sent you an in game message of encouragement, I was definitely rooting for you. Had you caught me, i would have been happy for you :)
    You got a Jake. Did you lose a bet? :p;)

I hope I gave a satisfactory answer to this in my first "story" above, but I actually did go for Jake on purpose, and I have no regrets at all...but no, I did not lose a bet, lol!
    Proont wrote: »
    Great job Bylo.

Thank you sir, and thank you for the shared crew victory points :)

I would also like to thank @(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••] and @Haere Lintesereg for the messages of encouragement this weekend, and of course to @Banjo1012 for making me believe.

Gonna settle in a bit and then come back for another story or two, and also a few screen shots!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done, @ByloBand . I wondered how different the VP totals might have been from my top 15 run a couple weeks ago. I wish I had a screen shot close to the end, but I was a bit busy trying to hold my spot. I know I was over 1.3mil, though. Almost 1.7mil is quite impressive.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    OK, back from a 90 minute walk with the kids, time to reply to a few people :)
    WaldoMag wrote: »

If I magically got refunded ALL the resources I dumped into this event I would ABSOLUTELY do it again, it was a LOT of fun. That being said, it took me months and months of careful decision making/hoarding to stockpile those resources, so it will be a while before I can do it again, but wow, it was exciting!
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I am not sure you saw it or processed it in your frenzy of activity, but last night when I saw you and I were both active and making runs up the leaderboard I sent you an in game message of encouragement, I was definitely rooting for you. Had you caught me, i would have been happy for you :)
    You got a Jake. Did you lose a bet? :p;)

I hope I gave a satisfactory answer to this in my first "story" above, but I actually did go for Jake on purpose, and I have no regrets at all...but no, I did not lose a bet, lol!
    Proont wrote: »
    Great job Bylo.

Thank you sir, and thank you for the shared crew victory points :)

I would also like to thank @(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••] and @Haere Lintesereg for the messages of encouragement this weekend, and of course to @Banjo1012 for making me believe.

Gonna settle in a bit and then come back for another story or two, and also a few screen shots!

You are very welcome my friend. My brain is yours to pick

• Congrats Bylo! I'm very happy for you, and I'm sure that you have very funny stories about this event, and I looking forward to read more of them!
  • I enjoyed being your cheering squad!! And it felt so exciting that I felt like I got to be up there competing in the big leagues too! Way to go and enjoy Jake.... Just remember to stay away from bees and Taco Bell XD!!
    I've got about three more "stories" I could think up: one is an anecdote from the heart of the event, one was a status report of sorts pre-event, and the the third was a problem I noticed during the event that required corrective action. I think the amusing anecdote would be best.

So as you've read, at three different stages in this event I ramped up my effort, and throughout the event I kept myself busy by doing a lot of chores around the house to keep my mind distracted from constantly checking the leaderboard or wondering if it was time to check/recall shuttles, by spending time with my wife and kids, and at times by literally playing 3 video games at once! At several points during this weekend I was actively playing STT/plotting STT shuttle strategies, playing a second mobile game (I started playing from an ad I watched in STT just for something to do during downtimes), and actively questing in Elder Scrolls Online! It was pretty crazy keeping all of that straight in my head, but I had to do it to keep myself from over-thinking the need to constantly monitor my shuttles.

But then a really, REALLY annoying thing kept happening. ALL weekend long, like clockwork, every 2 hours somebody would knock me down the leaderboard in Admiral Arena, and I had to stop everything and win my way back into my prefered parking area. Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday all 10 of my Arena tickets were spent fighting my way back up every 2 hours, it was like constantly getting bitten by a mosquito! I'd compulsively check the current standings in Arena, see I had fallen 500 spots again, loudly proclaim something like, "Those jackals!" and then win my spot back, only to do it again EVERY 2 hours ALL weekend! I was like, "Hey, I've got a lot of irons in the fire already, would you all mind painting that bullseye on someone else's ship for a few days?!"
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats, Bylo :)
    What game did you download off an ad? I had played "Battle Warship" before, and did not really get into it. Decided to try it again off an ad, and now most days are spent going back and forth between it and Timelines.
    edited December 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    Grats, Bylo :)

Why thank you :)
    What game did you download off an ad? I had played "Battle Warship" before, and did not really get into it. Decided to try it again off an ad, and now most days are spent going back and forth between it and Timelines.

I'll PM you.

During the final 40 hours or so when I was pushing out 7 shuttles non-stop, due to having several immortalized TOS legends plus Garth plus event Kirk, it just so happened that I was able to shove Harris AND event Chekov in the same 3-seater to get the success chance to 92% without any boosting, but I noticed that it was failing 100% using this setup:

2juhjc2alkdj.jpg
    hqjy02a3454s.jpg
    4c08tal0ogy9.jpg
    (I didn't screenshot every one, but I did get the last two failures pictured here)

After it failed 4 times in a row I complained to Banjo via message, then it failed a 5th time in a row, and then a 6th! Fearing "some kind of" bug or glitch or whatever I made the choice to bench Professor Sato (that same shuttle had been running earlier in the event with Harris, Chekov, and Sulu of the Body and been just fine) and replace her with High Roller Sisko.

I was starting to freak out BIG TIME because I was in an intense race with about 5 other captains in the top 12 at the time and was investing quite a lot of resources into an alleged 92% shuttle with TWO actual event crew and having it fail literally 100% of the time! It is worth mentioning that during this same interval I was running an 85% shuttle with two Kirks and Dahar Master Koloth and a 77% shuttle with Sulu of the Body, that Scared Scotty, a third TOS 4* I'm forgetting, and F.O. Burnham and they were actually doing very well, so either my Chekov/Harris/Sato shuttle was having the worst RNG in recorded history or something hinky was going on.

Happy to report that the Harris/Chekov/Sisko shuttle performed quite admirably :)
  • Great showing, Bylo!
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
    edited January 2020
    ByloBand wrote: »
    During the final 40 hours or so when I was pushing out 7 shuttles non-stop, due to having several immortalized TOS legends plus Garth plus event Kirk, it just so happened that I was able to shove Harris AND event Chekov in the same 3-seater to get the success chance to 92% without any boosting, but I noticed that it was failing 100% using this setup:

I didn't notice anything similar myself. My 3-seaters were pretty consistently succeeding using the same crew. I do have a few rules I stick to:
    1-Never put two or more event crew on the same shuttle. 3-seaters were usually Event/Bonus/5|5 Crew. The sixth shuttle used 5|5 Gunslinger Uhura since she's my best SEC TOS crew.
    2-The loaner crewmember always gets the best friends.
    3-Try to always use the best two stats. The lack of DIP/SCI seats meant Chekov always got slotted in a DIP/CMD seat. I assumed that the AND seats were working correctly although perhaps I shouldn't. Harris is weak enough that he always got a CMD/DIP seat.

Admittedly things got swapped around a little usually when I did the Romulans. 5/6 of the 3-seat shuttles were roughly the same. One of the Romulans had an END/CMD seat for Janitor Kirk. Sometimes he and Harris would swap friends depending on which shuttle came out. I didn't really keep track like you did. Success chances were 92-96%.