Home Make It So!
Options

"Forward Progress" Rule for Arena Ranking

One thing that really annoys me about arena ranking:

I can spend 99% of the day in the top 1% of an arena division, only to get knocked into the top 5% in the last half hour of the "day" (which occurs AFTER reset), and thus get bumped down to a lower amount of schematics received.

It would be nice if there was a rule like the NFL has for "forward progress" where a captain gets schematics in arena based on the highest rank they achieve in the division during the "day".

Barring that, how abut actually making an incentive for getting #1 overall in arena? There have been days I've hit #1 2 ,3 , 4 times, only to find myself collecting 100 instead of 120 schematics the next day, because I'm unable to stay up until 1am when arena finally decides to reset. I feel if you hit #1 in arena on any given day, you should automatically receive the highest tier of schematics the following day. Ideally getting #1 should add an additional incentive like getting top tier schematics + 10.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree with that being bogus. It happens to me constantly exactly how you described it. I just think the whole system of ranking needs to be changed. Perhaps more like a gauntlet system
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with that, too. Please synchronize the Arena Rewards reset with the daily reset, one hour earlier than it does now, or, even better, 30 minutes before reset, because it needs to cool down for 30 minutes.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena participation has gone down steadily since I started. Implementing this idea might revitalize Arena a little. Or maybe expand the top tier to 2%. Something to encourage participation would be lovely.
    Farewell 🖖