Home The Bridge
Options

Who would you use a leg citation on

I have six leg citations to use and i can not make a decision on who i want to use them on. Been sitting on this issue for while. Here is a list of leg crew i have. I know i have an army of one stars and the list is long. Hopefully you understand my issue.

Grand Nagus Rom *
Warship EMA *
Locutus of Borq *
Temporal Prisoner Chakotay *
Q2 *
The Traveler *
Solar Sails Sisko *
Seeking Spock *
Ambassador Troi *
Obsidian Order Garak *
Nytota Uhura *
Chancellor Gowron *
Harcourt Fenton Mudd *
Mirror Data *
Gangster Kirk *
Captain La Forge *
Assimilated La Forge *
Mambo Picard *
Niners Sisko **
Mintakan Riker **
Armus **
Queen Po **
Shinzon **
Wrathful Kirk **
Honored Owosekun **
Abraham Lincoln **
Mobile Doctor **
Romulan Picard *
Leonardo da Vinci *
Revolutionar Damar *
Seven in Silver *
Durango Troi *
First Officer Burnham **
Grand Nagus Zek **
Romulan Data **
Loqueeque Sato **
Senator Vreenak *
Mirror Spock *
Admiral Nechayev *
RAF Miles Obrien *
Will Scarlett *
Suus Mahna Sarek *
Mariachi Q *
Mirror Reed *
Umpire Odo *
HMS Pinafore Data *
Dancing Chekov *
Zhian Tara Odo *
Detective Data *
Kahless the Unforgettable *
The Professor *
Pohwraith Cult Dukat *
Smitten Jeanluc Picard *
General Chang *
Changeling Founder *
EV Suit Archer *
Captain Beverly Picard *
One *
Captain Killy *
Borg Queen **
Kol of House Kor ****
Thrax ****
Covert Operative Leland ****
Emperor Philippa Georgiou *
Undercover Sulu *
Judge Q *
Joachim *
Augment Picard *
Dancing Uhura *
The Caretaker **
Commander Kira Nerys *
Minuet ****
Lt Commander Jadzia Dax **
Mirror Inquisitor Troi **
Professor Sato ****
Q as "god" ****
Commander Troi ****
Garth of Izar ****
Lt Commander Uhura *
Scrooge Data ****
Rain Robinson *
Timekeeper Tenavik ****
Decoy Kira **
Interfaced Barclay *
High Roller Sisko ****
Survivalist Kirk *
Mirror Intended Kira **
Mariachi Q *
Mirror Beverly Crusher *
Garak, Elim Garak **
Seven of Nine ***
Captain Sisko **
1701 Sisko ***
Tempted Data **
Admiral Janeway **
Mirror Regent Work **
Delta Flyer Paris ***
Age of Sail Crusher ***
Klingon Bride Jadzia **
T'kuvma ****
Dr. Richard Daystrom ***
Alternate Future Bashir **
Admiral Riker ***
Agent Janeway *
Musketeer La Forge *
UFP President Ra-ghoratreii *
Mirror Tpol *
Niners Worf *
Prince Bashir *
temporal Agent Daniels *
Bell Riots Jadzia Dax *
Fungal Entity May *
Dress Uniform Scotty *
Tuxedo Nog *
Klingon Janeway *
Irina *

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm waiting until the next mega event is announced. I'll throw in two cents, but just know it's who I would consider most strongly if they are part of the mega. ALSO! It will help get better advice if we know what your priorities are. For me, it's skirmish > faction > voyage (stars don't matter for gauntlet and non-event bonus crew doesn't matter much for galaxy).

All that said, here's who I would consider, pending February mega announcement:

Killy - Queen of skirmish
    Warship EMA - King of MED voyages + events
    FO Burnham - Events + voyages
    Prof Sato - DIP base + voyages
    HR Sisko - Events + SEC base + voyages
    DF Paris - CMD/ENG/MED + Events
    Your favorite Picard - New series = more events
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    adonibyte.adonibyte. ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    1. Cite crew that complete collections
    2. Cite the top voyage crew from the top 100 spreadsheet.
    3. Cite crew that have skills you are weak in
    5. Cite crew that you like to have in your crew quarters.

I generally go in that order, but sometimes I cite crew that dont meet any other criteria but #4. Its a game, have fun.

If I was looking at that list myself I would definitely do prof. Sato, just a solid card.

I think also I personally steer clear of citing gauntlet crew as my constant fear is that I cited them and then get a free one later.
  • Options
    I lean towards voyages so EMA is first. Tenavik's high Sci/Com makes a ton of my voyages, and Qod's Med is hard to pass up. 5/5 is the fastest way to long voyages.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    My priority would be

Warship EMA * - On almost every single voyage of mine and a top 3 overall med stat
    Professor Sato **** - She gets work almost everyday. Highest DIP base by a country mile. If not on a DIP voyage then on a faction mission. I actually have 2 copies of her immortalized.
    First Officer Burnham ** - 11th highest overall CMD stat but 3rd highest total stat
    Wrathful Kirk ** - Highest overall SEC stat and 21st highest total stat
    High Roller Sisko **** - At 4*, getting him to 5* is a no brainer. Top 8 overall SEC stat and 37th highest total stat
    Q as "god" **** - At 4*, also a no brainer cite. 2nd highest overall MED stat and 45th highest total stat (3rd highest total stat for a MED primary card). His only downside compared with Warship EMA is that his trait set is terrible and almost never gets any trait bonus on a voyage.

Circumstantial (as a rule, you get the most 'bang for your buck' going from 4 to 5*)

If you are short on DIP - Q2 * and Mambo Picard *, Scrooge Data ****
    If you are short on CMD - Borg Queen **, Garth of Izar ****, Timekeeper Tenavik ****
    If you are short on SEC - Kol of House Kor ****, Covert Operative Leland ****, Thrax ****
    Captain Killy * - Always useful for Arena and Skirmish events

Other
    Queen Po ** - Already getting her in campaign and shes an awesome ENG character. If you got Laborer Kirk in the mega, hes also worth citing
  • Options
    Based on Scrooge @4*, I assumed you will be buying Po's campaign.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cite crew with three skills that go from 4/5 to 5/5
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the previous suggestions above, but would also add the following as good choices for immortalizing (I use all of these frequently myself at 5/5)...

Tenavik
    Gangster Kirk
    Mirror Bev

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Killy, killy, and more killy.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    God Q, Tenavik and High roller Sisko. All 4/5s with some event potential, good skill sets and most importantly varied skills sets. I would then work on an ENG primary but you don't really have a good 3/5 or higher candidate.

Don't cite 1/5 or 2/5 crew unless you have no one else to cite and absolutely need their skill combo.
  • Options
    Is there a reason why you did not FF your 4/5 crew from the monthly track?
    I would cite all the 4/5s and honestly get rid of at least half of the 1/5s.
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer the following questions:

1. What stat-boosting collections are you short on (outside of the Gauntlet one)? e.g. Jury Rigger, Borg.
    --> Highlight those crew.

2. Which crew do I absolutely not want to cite? This can include 3-skillers with low potential ... e.g. Captain La Forge, Mintakin Riker, Admiral Janeway etc. ... and ALL 2-skill crew.
    --> Scrap those crew from the list.

3. Do I have crew who fall within the top-25 voyagers? ... pt. 2 Do I own Big Book of Behold Advice tier-1 crew? This is a decent reference of the generally good crew for all aspects of the game e.g. Warship EMA, FO Burnham.
    --> Highlight those crew.

4. Gauntlet-only drop crew? e.g. Armus
    --> Scrap those from the list, not a priority though some players will cite up The Caretaker because he's just that good.

5. Do I own any crew who aren't available in the portal (and might never be)? e.g. Captain Bev Picard, Scrooge Data.
    --> Highlight those.

6. Who do you have left? Put the highlighted crew at the top going down in *s and then the non-highlighted crew going down in *s.

I think you could scrap 2/3rds of your list ... to make it easier reading for us. :)

A couple of personal comments based on what I read above:
    - I wouldn't cite Killy, I don't think she's worth it ... Arena's a dud and in Skirmishes those seconds she might shave off battles when immortalised comes done to about an hour of gameplay over the total event, meh.

- I wouldn't cite the likes of Sato or High Roller Sisko etc. ... they're in the portal so can just drop ... I immortalised both Sato and Barclay this way. I cited up Data, see pt. 5 above.
    e.g. The reason I wouldn't cite Sato is because she's probably already your #1 DIP base by a bunch ... so how beneficial is it to have her even higher? Not much (look at your shuttle percentages) ... you'd be better off citing Scrooge Data, who has exactly the same skill-set and has better voyage stats at 5/5 ... aaaand he'll be your #2 DIP base (and he's better for events and he's not in portal ...) ... So you'd still have an excellent 4/5 Sato, while at the same time boosting the overall strength of your crew by going wide. I would almost insta-pick Sato if she came up in a behold (and did).

- If you have so many citations I would seriously consider citing the mega-event 5* during the mega ... unless you're going to buy mega-event packs at the end in the hopes of getting the 5* ...

- As for who to cite ... look at the shortlist and then the shortcomings you have (as per your gaming priorities) and fill those gaps by citing crew on that shortlist.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    To piggyback off of what RaraRacing said (minus the Janeway hate! ;) ) and what others have also said, as presented, there is no way for any of us to answer the question you have asked, or perhaps more to the point, if we DO answer that question we are playing the game for you. These are your crew, only you can determine their value to YOU.

My advice is not-at-all simple, but nonetheless needs to be done IMO, you should spend some time going over what your STT needs are. Do you want stronger voyages? Do you want to improve your event strength? Do you just want to collect all of one character? Do you want to complete the Collections?

There is no meaningful help anybody can give you until you answer those questions and figure out what it is you want to get out of your crew and the game.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Random question - how are you sorting this list? It's not by stars, alphabetical, primary skill, or source-series. It doesn't appear to have a plausible chronology (e.g., acquisition date). Since you asked for input, it can't be sorted by your own personal preferences (or you wouldn't need the input).

Mostly this is rhetorical, but as noted by RaraRacing... making the list easier for us to read (and evaluate) is helpful. In that regard, I would have sorted by stars.

Edit: forgot to say... I think the advice above is all good, both with respect to specific crew choices and the more general "here are some questions to help you focus your list" strategies.
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    To piggyback off of what RaraRacing said (minus the Janeway hate! ;) ) and what others have also said, as presented, there is no way for any of us to answer the question you have asked, or perhaps more to the point, if we DO answer that question we are playing the game for you. These are your crew, only you can determine their value to YOU.

My advice is not-at-all simple, but nonetheless needs to be done IMO, you should spend some time going over what your STT needs are. Do you want stronger voyages? Do you want to improve your event strength? Do you just want to collect all of one character? Do you want to complete the Collections?

There is no meaningful help anybody can give you until you answer those questions and figure out what it is you want to get out of your crew and the game.

Didn't mean to be harsh on Janeway specifically there :) I mean, I have ol' Admiral Janeway at 2/5 myself ... but I'd rather cite the identical, but better in every way, 1/5 Klingon Janeway (even part of a collection) or 1/5 Assimilated Janeway.

Unfortunately, Admiral Janeway ... as a card ... is showing her age a bit. She was the 4th 5* I FEed (up to almost 130 now) ... good memories of using her card in all game aspects way back when (an early gauntlet star for me, the first voyages when that game aspect was introduced, even for ship battles ... ah memories) ... she deserves to be immortalised (and frozen) ... if only there was a cheaper/easier way to fuse those old cards ...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »

Didn't mean to be harsh on Janeway specifically there :) I mean, I have ol' Admiral Janeway at 2/5 myself ... but I'd rather cite the identical, but better in every way, 1/5 Klingon Janeway (even part of a collection) or 1/5 Assimilated Janeway.

Unfortunately, Admiral Janeway ... as a card ... is showing her age a bit. She was the 4th 5* I FEed (up to almost 130 now) ... good memories of using her card in all game aspects way back when (an early gauntlet star for me, the first voyages when that game aspect was introduced, even for ship battles ... ah memories) ... she deserves to be immortalised (and frozen) ... if only there was a cheaper/easier way to fuse those old cards ...

I still use her in arena for that mythological thing called evasion

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm waiting until the next mega event is announced. I'll throw in two cents, but just know it's who I would consider most strongly if they are part of the mega. ALSO! It will help get better advice if we know what your priorities are. For me, it's skirmish > faction > voyage (stars don't matter for gauntlet and non-event bonus crew doesn't matter much for galaxy).

What he said. Generally in that order, too. Although I go for voyages before skirmish. Honorable mention to Barkley and Q as "God". Borg Queen is also valuable for the Borg collection. I have her at 2 stars, too, and don't have the Borg collection. That tempts me greatly, even though I have a lot of better choices.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Às several people have already said, it's hard to advise someone else on this. People have different play styles and priorities. {Some of us, for instance, do see benefit from doing well in the Arena.}

Sometimes the biggest priority is not what the Crew gives to gameplay, but what they give to us. A personally beloved character might mean more to me than one that has more in-game benefit. And you might like different characters than I do. The biggest thing is to have fun. Fun can come from being able to Crew a ten hour Voyage without Refresh. Or from having that Immortalized animation pop up on your most favoritest character.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

What he said. Generally in that order, too. Although I go for voyages before skirmish. Honorable mention to Barkley and Q as "God". Borg Queen is also valuable for the Borg collection. I have her at 2 stars, too, and don't have the Borg collection. That tempts me greatly, even though I have a lot of better choices.

Thank you. Though the order was just taken from the order I saw them on the original list, minus Killy. She's a personal favorite and skirmishes are my favorite events. She gets double love. <3

Not sure why @RaraRacing is hating on Killy. I've made several top 100's in skirmishes. I can say she's saved me many hours and thereby justifying the $50 that I spent on her. (I wasn't able to earn her in the event back then.) Since the OP didn't list priorities, it was definitely worth mentioning her on the list. I'm not dismissing aspects of the game by saying Arena and Skirmish isn't worth it. Maybe @Capt. Jamie likes them. But if not, then most of Rara's advice is good. I disagree on collections - they're a low priority for me. I prefer to prioritize SR's and below for this purpose and not use legendary citations for that purpose. But... If Jamie wants to use citations that way, that's one way to play, I guess. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty much with RaraRacing on this - Killy isn’t bad, it’s just that she’s good enough even at 1/5* that citations would be better spent elsewhere.

My recommendation would be Warship EMA. I didn’t see a whole lot of doctors on that list and he’s going to paper over a lot of holes for shuttles and voyages for you. You’ll obviously get use out of him on MED/SEC, MED/COM, and even COM/SEC voyages but you might just put him on every voyage until you can beef up some of your other doctors (Mirror Bev looks to be the next best option there and the Mobile Doc is no slouch).
  • Options
    Not sure why @RaraRacing is hating on Killy. I've made several top 100's in skirmishes. I can say she's saved me many hours and thereby justifying the $50 that I spent on her. (I wasn't able to earn her in the event back then.) Since the OP didn't list priorities, it was definitely worth mentioning her on the list. I'm not dismissing aspects of the game by saying Arena and Skirmish isn't worth it. Maybe @Capt. Jamie likes them. But if not, then most of Rara's advice is good. I disagree on collections - they're a low priority for me. I prefer to prioritize SR's and below for this purpose and not use legendary citations for that purpose. But... If Jamie wants to use citations that way, that's one way to play, I guess. :)

I don't hate her at all ... I just think she's good enough as a 1/5 ... I use here and do just fine in Skirmishes ... have my highest result in an event with her as a 1/5 (rank 215) ... in skirmishes I still manage to usually win right after tapping her, adding more stars won't noticeably speed that up. My personal limiting factor is more real-life than time in the game.
    Though as a character I really liked her on the show.

For collections, I really mean stat-boosting ones ... not the vanity ones like Sherwood Forest or the Niners ... if you manage to max a stat-boosting collection then the 1% boost can be a ton of points for voyages, which can really add on minutes (e.g. if you normally get 10.000 points on a skill you'll suddenly get 10.100 ... those 100 points are 4 minutes and can matter if you're trying for 10 hrs.).
    --> I stopped tracking collections a while ago when I completed them all, I know some require 5*s to complete, Borg if I'm not mistaken, maybe the Jury Rigger and Augment ones too?

All I know is that my 15% boost to all base stats and my 13-14% boost to all proficiencies provides me with a massive boost to voyage stats ... e.g. base Mirror Picard has 3479 total points, where mine has 3982 (missing 1% on SCI proficiency from the Gauntlet collection), that's over 500 points difference.
  • Options
    Whomever you feel like. Choose one and pull the trigger. You can access the wiki and see stats, as well as who could be useful on a voyage, the Gauntlet, or in an event.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    some very good insights. I do like collecting the crew but also want to make sure i am enjoying the other features of the game. Right now i am trying to complete the episodes. Working on 9 and 10.I also like doing the voyages. Longest i have done is 9hr 45mins. I should have listed the immortalized legendary that i have and i will corrected that. Thank you for all that you have suggested.

Etana Jol
    Ahdar Ruafo
    Protomorphosis Barclay
    Gloria
    Captain Spock
    Determined Janeway
    Surak
    Kortar
    Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
    Phoenix Cochrane
    Dark Ages Mccoy
    Bell Riots Bashir
    Katrine
    Mirror Jeanluc Picard
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently I took a look at my legendaries with an eye towards what characters I liked the most, and which skill pairings I had good crew for.

In the end I had some priorities characters, as well as a number of others to "fill out" three skill pairs for voyage work. I've already got one to the point where I can almost reliably hit 8 hours with it, and should get there with a few more citations.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    some very good insights. I do like collecting the crew but also want to make sure i am enjoying the other features of the game. Right now i am trying to complete the episodes. Working on 9 and 10.I also like doing the voyages. Longest i have done is 9hr 45mins. I should have listed the immortalized legendary that i have and i will corrected that. Thank you for all that you have suggested.

Are there any traits that are hanging you up in the chapter nodes? If so, you can consider using some citations to help there.

I see a hole in CMD/SCI. FO Burnham is an option, but the cheaper option is Tenavik. Q as "God", Prof Sato, and Warship EMA also have a lot to offer.
    Farewell 🖖