Home Ready Room
Options

Citation advise

So I had been saving for an honor sale but thinking I need to move on. Here is a spreadsheet with all my 5 stars. I am currently thinking of the using citations to immortalize the following:

Solar Sails Sisko - 2 stars needed
Survivalist Kirk - 2 stars needed
Reverend Phlox - 3 stars needed
Dr. Pollard - 4 stars needed
Gladiator Spock - 4 stars needed

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AuvwUIRcaIOJixVZwbhihn2V9_ct

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, I meant to make that in google sheets. I have never shared from my one drive before!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    See none have replied yet ...

1. I'm not going to check your spreadsheet, as I assume you've chosen the best crew for how you like to play the game ... be it events, collections, fave crew, voyages etc.
    But as is so often the case here on the forum ... the post is basically "look at these great crew I have where do I start?" but with very little context ... just choose someone really because ...

2. The top 4 all seem like no-brainers really because:
    a) You either already have them 2+/5;
    b) They are solid crew (Phlox and Pollard).

3. Spock I'm not sure of ... but you might have him there because you like Spock ... sure there are positives to immortalising him, but he'd be way down my priority list and if you immortalise the others you'll already be down 11 stars.

So ... moving forward ...
    My personal approach would be (if I was forced to cite these exact 5 crew):
    - to slap 2 stars on Sisko before the event, that's going to be a huge boost for you there and for all future Sisko events;
    - Then I'd cite up Phlox for voyages;
    - Then back to Kirk for some solid event boost in the future;
    - and finally on to Pollard for voyages (I recently immortalised her and she's great for my fairly limited crew);
    - Oh and then Spock, but I'd probably have a new project by the time I get to him.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I'm waiting for Convergence Day before I give up on honor sale. Then I'm waiting for next campaign and mega to be announced before doing citations. If you want to wait a bit longer too, cool.

The other thing to consider: what are your priorities? If events, then Kirk and Spock. If voyages, then Pollard and Phlox.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    First, I'm waiting for Convergence Day before I give up on honor sale. Then I'm waiting for next campaign and mega to be announced before doing citations. If you want to wait a bit longer too, cool.

The other thing to consider: what are your priorities? If events, then Kirk and Spock. If voyages, then Pollard and Phlox.

I gave up already :) but yeah ... Convergence Day is a good one, though I'm not sure when that is exactly. I remember a great event back in 2017 where we worked as a community to get some great rewards (for that moment in the game ... now the crew are kinda meh ... CD Quark) ... in 2018 we also had a cool event with Mariachi Q ... but last year there was no specific event, and it looks that way this year too. Such a bummer really.
    Convergence Day has gone from something really cool to kinda crap.

Sorry ... bit of a mini-rant. :)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I gave up already :) but yeah ... Convergence Day is a good one, though I'm not sure when that is exactly. I remember a great event back in 2017 where we worked as a community to get some great rewards (for that moment in the game ... now the crew are kinda meh ... CD Quark) ... in 2018 we also had a cool event with Mariachi Q ... but last year there was no specific event, and it looks that way this year too. Such a bummer really.
    Convergence Day has gone from something really cool to kinda crap.

Sorry ... bit of a mini-rant. :)

Maybe a bit "ranty" but not unfair. Convergence Day is January 15th, so not far away. And they'll probably announce the next mega event and campaign shortly after. For me, it's worth the wait. I can see why you feel otherwise, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Gladiator spock is sci/security which I am a bit low in the combo and he has a bunch of traits I often don't fill on voyages.
  • Options
    I'd probably do Enemy Lines Sisko if I were choosing
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    See none have replied yet ...

1. I'm not going to check your spreadsheet, as I assume you've chosen the best crew for how you like to play the game ... be it events, collections, fave crew, voyages etc.
    But as is so often the case here on the forum ... the post is basically "look at these great crew I have where do I start?" but with very little context ... just choose someone really because ...

2. The top 4 all seem like no-brainers really because:
    a) You either already have them 2+/5;
    b) They are solid crew (Phlox and Pollard).

Maybe a tiny bit harsh? It is a great roster but that is also what makes it more complicated. Seeking opinions in a forum that is dominated by top, long time players seems like a good idea. Honor is slow to come by. I always ask for advice and verification before spending it. This forum doesn't want to make folks think that every comment will be interpreted in the worst possible way and ridiculed. We should all try to take at face value with positive intentions. This one being, "Hey, can you all verify what I'm thinking and make sure I'm not missing something?".

To stay on topic. Phlox and Pollard are great crew. Beyond just events, I've been surprised how often Survivalist Kirk makes voyages for me. I assume because of his more unique skillset. Mine is 4* beating out many FF crew, so I will also be citing him soon.

You have a stronger roster then me, but Borg Queen and Delta Flyer Paris jumped out as two I have FF that are used a lot.
  • Options
    I've also contemplated gladiator spock because I have no other decent SEC/SCI voyage crew. He's the next best option after Gary Seven for those of us without Gary, but is also an event crew so has a good secondary use. Sometimes people get caught up in levelling up only top 10/20 crew without thinking if they'd really improve their roster much.
  • Options
    No not harsh and certainly not ridiculing anyone ... those are great crew to get cracking on, as I mentioned. I actually believe that the OP is intelligent enough to make excellent decisions for themselves and so do not second-guess their intentions (hence I'm not going to comb through their long list and recommend the likes of DF Paris etc. even though I think they are excellent options for a citation). They've done a great job of whittling down a long list into 5 crew and I gave my advice on those 5, with only 1 leading to an asterisk wondering why that one was chosen.
    Because of little context, I'm just guessing that voyages have priority alongside events (context is also ... how many citations? can all be immortalised or only 1 or 2? So does the OP need to prioritise or are they asking if these are 5 good crew?). As I said, I assume the list is a list of top 5 crew in how they like to approach the game.

There was a recent post on Capt. Bev Picard (Crusher) and many voiced their opinion on just how good Phlox and Pollard are, even if a better card comes along, they are unique enough to warrant citations.

The Kirk and Sisko are also excellent for events ... and will be so for the foreseeable future because of their great skill sets.

I was, and am, unsure about Spock ... @RogaDanar stated SEC/SCI combo for voyages ... I just checked their roster and they have a ton of great crew (including duplicates!) ... better than mine ... and SEC/SCI is one of the few combos I've made to 10 hrs for voyages even though I do not own that Spock, Gary Seven nor Away Team/First Officer Burnham. I used:
    Tenavik / Mirror Picard / Xindi Insectoid / Thrax / TP Chakotay / Away Team Saru / Armus / Proto Barclay / Determined Janeway / Bounty Hunter Mudd (1/5) / Q as God and The Caretaker (5 crew & ship with bonus).
    e.g. I noticed that the OP has Away Team Saru at 3/5 ... almost as good as Spock for voyages for raw numbers, but in my book he has the upper hand due to having CMD instead of DIP as third skill and SCI as primary over SEC. 2 citations cheaper too to immortalise.

So, the takeaway is ... cite up the first 4 on the list in whichever order suits your needs best, they are great crew and especially because you have a number already well on their way to 5/5.
    As for Spock ... I'd mull it over, double-check if there aren't better options for SEC/SCI voyages (think outside the box) ... if he's on there for events then cite, as he's a great Spock variant.
  • Options
    Survivalist Kirk, Gladiator Spock and Dr. Pollard are good options imho.