Home The Bridge

Something unbelievable just happened

I get the third part of The Champion of the People dilemma...

zt2plo3kiha1.png

after just 12 hours of voyage!

nq8yjc57ubx6.png

And with this Colonel Worf, I have all the exclusive crew from Voyages.

So don't despair! Miracles like this also happens!

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUDE! WOW! AWESOME! Congratulations mi amigo!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coronel Worf looks cool, really coronal! :) This dilemma is the hardest to get three times.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting on A Higher Duty III for my final Voyage Exclusive crew!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooo congrats!! but did anyone else think this was about to say that the christmas achievement glitch happened again? :)
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Awesome luck!
  • Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thank you everyone! Yesterday when I get the second part after 8 hours I decide I'd go for the third part with my revival tokens, and when I see the third part at the 12 hours I couldn't believe it!
  • Congrats! The voyage gods have found you worthy!
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The issue I see here is that it takes a miracle to get a mundane purple crew. None of them are critical and the difficulty to get there makes them mostly irrelevant. It's like the super rares on the dabo wheel, why are they even there? Such low odds make them irrelevant too.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    ttdzbeal37ii.png

I have to post what just happened to me today, you’re luck rubbed off a little bit I think!! All 3 parts, in a row, in 6 hours. I’m still completely in shock.

I had {IIRC} incredible luck one week or so, where I got a three parter in six hours and a two parter in four hours. Some other lucky drops other places, as well.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12344/another-dumb-scott-question-but-it-has-been-a-while#latest

The whole thing I hate is "...may lead to..."

I have said it more than once. It is hard enough getting three parters without that variable. It should be "...will lead to..."
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    @DScottHewitt Considering the crew are not good, and are mostly just collector fodder, I whole heartedly back the idea of combo dilemmas always being linked, and perhaps the Part 1 then is made a rarer instance on the RNG table, but I’m all for helping anyone get crew they want with patience and determine, or faster yet if they choose to financially support the game. The last time I saw that dilemma was hour 20, and the time previous was hour 56, both times with part 1 and 2 falling in the first 8 hours.
  • Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttdzbeal37ii.png

I have to post what just happened to me today, you’re luck rubbed off a little bit I think!! All 3 parts, in a row, in 6 hours. I’m still completely in shock.

That's trully amazing! Congrats!
    @DScottHewitt Considering the crew are not good, and are mostly just collector fodder, I whole heartedly back the idea of combo dilemmas always being linked, and perhaps the Part 1 then is made a rarer instance on the RNG table, but I’m all for helping anyone get crew they want with patience and determine, or faster yet if they choose to financially support the game. The last time I saw that dilemma was hour 20, and the time previous was hour 56, both times with part 1 and 2 falling in the first 8 hours.

Ouch. I feel the pain of that one!!!!! That is a long time to have to go!!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    The good news, if fusion stabby Picard does come to fruition, and use Ensign Picard as suspected, I just saved myself 18,000 honor :)
  • 12 hour voyage, incredible! I had no idea there were voyage-exclusive crew? :0 Didn't know that Worf was in the game, haha.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    The issue I see here is that it takes a miracle to get a mundane purple crew. None of them are critical and the difficulty to get there makes them mostly irrelevant. It's like the super rares on the dabo wheel, why are they even there? Such low odds make them irrelevant too.

The super-rares on the dabo wheel are good even though they have low odds.
    They are always crew I have at 1/4 to 3/4, never 4/4 or crew I don't have.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vergil wrote: »
    12 hour voyage, incredible! I had no idea there were voyage-exclusive crew? :0 Didn't know that Worf was in the game, haha.

There are indeed crew that are normally only available from completing certain dilemmas in a particular way. Some require completing only two dilemmas while the others come from three-part dilemmas that are hard to get without a long voyage.

2-part dilemmas
    Jannar
    Lucien
    Thot Gor
    The Clown

3-part dilemmas
    Dr. Leonard McCoy
    Ensign Picard
    Fierce Guinan (also available from voyage dilemma achievement)
    Colonel Worf

A full list of all dilemmas as well as the choices required to get these crew are on the wiki: https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has never happened to me before on a normal 10x (green surrounded) shuttle boost pull. I've had three before, but five (and all in the same row)? Holy meow!

Also, I'm having a voyage running right meow with over 600 chronitons post 8-hr dilemma and there was only one 60/50/3* dilemma in, all others were 30/30/2* ... how is that possible?

1srl0dckmgxd.png
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry fur doubleposting, but it was a funny coincidence ... I made Level 80 yesterday evening and pulled a legendary from the Gauntlet in one of three top crates (Top 10 at the end), after almost three years of never pulling one, I've pulled three in six weeks ... is that normal? An Armus, then a Caretaker and now ... Barthunder Guinan ... holy meow! Locutiepie will arrive in a few days (19600 battles fought), so my collection will be complete and I never imagined that two months ago!

kcsg7kaszcf7.png
    k4gm40l8l6gz.png

<3<3<3<3

Congrats!

With regard to your question, I've generally found (could also read as "confirmation bias" but that's less fun) is that the Gauntlet cards drop in groups. Of the four cards I've gotten before this week (3 Armus and 1 Guinan), i got them in groups of two with very long waits between the group drops. While I've gotten one this week (first Locutus!), I'm hoping that I get another one to drop in a day or so; this would kinda confirm my thinking.

Ultimately, the Vulcan part of my brain knows it's all just random, which makes the long waits between drops all the more frustrating. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry fur doubleposting, but it was a funny coincidence ... I made Level 80 yesterday evening and pulled a legendary from the Gauntlet in one of three top crates (Top 10 at the end), after almost three years of never pulling one, I've pulled three in six weeks ... is that normal? An Armus, then a Caretaker and now ... Barthunder Guinan ... holy meow! Locutiepie will arrive in a few days (19600 battles fought), so my collection will be complete and I never imagined that two months ago!

kcsg7kaszcf7.png
    k4gm40l8l6gz.png

<3<3<3<3

It's been streaky for me as well. A few months ago I was moaning that I'd never gotten Locutus, despite playing Gauntlet almost everyday since it was first introduced to the game. Then, when I was at 19,800 Gauntlet rounds (roughly), he dropped for me. #2 came shortly thereafter when I hit the 20k achievement. And since then he's dropped twice more. So I now have Locutus at 4/5. He was my white whale forever, and now he's one star from fully fused.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    2500 Credit Dabo Spin dropped enough ISS Enterprise Schemes to Max it out. Then, Ad Warp gave me enough Prakesh Schemes to Max it out, as well.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    @ Matt Decker - Wowies, I would have DYC'd the furst Locutus at 19800 rounds, just to have him 3/5 FE almeowst immediately (and to level him a bit faster, lol). Even more so when he dropped twice more shortly after, just imagine ... you would have had an immortal Locutus in such a short time and also a higher DIP roll on top of it ... and the voyage would have smiled, too. :)