Home The Bridge

Has there been any news regarding increasing the level 99 ceiling and VIP levels?

Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
More and more people are plonked at the top end now on level 99 and VIP 14 (and then some). Are DB going to incentivize attaining these levels by doing something to increase the ceiling or grant rewards? Or is there nothing in the pipeline? Nothing in the pipeline would seem counterproductive, since it’s the players at the top end who have invested the most time and money into the game.

Comments

• ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Games like this are built on diminishing marginal returns. The last time DB said anything on the subject they stated flat out that they had no plan to change the VIP system. I have not heard anyone ask about levels before. Do they matter at all?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speculation is that the GlitchMas Miracle was caused by early release of changes related to the level cap.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I have not heard anyone ask about levels before. Do they matter at all?

The level cap was discussed a number of times as players first began to approach/reach the level 99 plateau. Fairly sure we collectively agreed that it would not be changed. It's like the other capped achievements - unless DB is tracking accumulated XP (or gauntlet rounds, events played, dilemmas answered), there would be no point to uncapping it now that many of us have hit it. If they do, that would be great. But I really hope they've been tracking the data - if it's uncapped, I would want to be my true level (which is probably 105 or so by now), not "99 waiting on 1 XP to increase it to 100".

Do they matter? Depends on your point of view, I suppose. It is a status symbol of sorts. And it is tied to an achievement that rewards honor every 10 levels.
  • 12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    If there was news, it would be shared.™

But yeah, hopefully the honor glitch was herald of development on this.
  • As much as I'd like and expect an increase of the Captain lvl system... What I'd really like is a VIP lvl bonus... Tho what else can they really add? More replicator uses?
  • As much as I'd like and expect an increase of the Captain lvl system... What I'd really like is a VIP lvl bonus... Tho what else can they really add? More replicator uses?

I can't even use the 8 I have anymore as it is. I wouldn't mind another 20 crew slots though!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I would think there are likely coding issues with levels over 99 similar to Y2K. I am not sure I would support continued achievement rewards, but I do see where it would be nice to know what your true level was. I am only 86 so not my most pressing concern.

As for VIP, I would think that they need to consider 1. Will increased VIP benefits cause people to spend more and 2. Will it alienate newer players, making it harder for them to catch up. I would think any further VIP benefits would be exponentially drop off in value even if issued so again, not sure I would make this a top concern.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you know about level 99 in about 10 years!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the first ppl reached LV99 and brought the topic up here(and even later, when i reached LV99 and brought it up again), majority of the other players didn t care, cause they seemed to be far away and „it would still take years to reach LV99“, Some even considered it a „whale“ problem. Well, NOW i don t care anymore. Have fun being LV99. :p

Regarding VIP benefits, well DBs thinking seems to be that if someone spent 1,000 bucks to reach LV14, they are hooked anyway, so they will continue spending no matter if VIP LVs are increased. And DB is right. 🤗

I still would appreciate if there was a LV and VIP LV increase, just don t expect it.

Well yes but then it didn’t affect me. Now it does so I care. :p Sad truth is that if DB raised both lvls then people would complain that they didn’t get credit for the money and experience they have had since hitting max. Maybe DB could though expand immortalization bonuses.
    Let’s fly!

I can't even use the 8 I have anymore as it is. I wouldn't mind another 20 crew slots though!

I completely forgot and think that THAT would make a very useful prize for all that cash!!