Home Make It So!
Options

Replace replicator rations with in-game currency

The new feature that allows to turn excess items from the inventory into replicator rations could be a lot more useful if the replicator rations were replaced by any other in-game currency.

We can already use items from the inventory to replicate equipment, so at its current state the new feature just adds one more step to the process. But if we could use it to create batches of honor or merits instead of replicator rations, it wouldn't just allow to solve the 1000 items cap, it would also allow long-time players to turn thousands of trainers, ship schematics, starbase components and even replicator rations themselves into something that can actually be used in the game.

Even credits would be better than nothing, if the credit cost was removed.

I know that similar suggestions were already made by others in the Bridge thread, but I thought that this would be a better place for it and I didn't see a thread for it here :)

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Since Honor would be a bit too powerful as a return currency, how about Merits?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Since Honor would be a bit too powerful as a return currency, how about Merits?

If the credit cost was kept, it would take a while for people to turn all of their overflowing items into honor, so I don't think that it would have a big impact. But merits would be perfectly fine too, really anything that can actually be used would be better than replicator rations :)
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case nobuddy meowticed, but replicator ration conversion with excessive items does no longer cost credits. <3
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")