Home Engineering Room
Options

Fleet chats issues

We're encountering issues with our fleet chat.
Not all messages reach all members.
We do keep receiving messages, but not all. Which makes for a confusing read.
A game restart is required to be able to see all messages.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this still occurring?
  • Options
    this happens to my fleet chat too, a restart is needed to see new messages if my client has been running for a long time in background process
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing it as well in my fleet. It seems to come and go regardless of restart. Fleet Admiral sent 3 messages earlier and I received the first and last and some folks received all three.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Shan wrote: »
    Is this still occurring?

I have sent ticket recently about this. Didn't know anyone else was experiencing same issue. Makes it hard to participate when my side becomes non sequitur comments.

The feeling of being out of the loop is lousy
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our fleet has been using an external chat client a lot more lately because the in-game chat is so incredibly unreliable. But only a little over half of our fleet is able to join us there, not to mention that there are times when it's just a lot more convenient to use the built-in client. So I really wish DB would devote some time to updating the code on this thing. It's pretty awful.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Fleet chat sux. Some players can see max 10 lines (like myself), while other can see long way back.
    Missing out messages ain't a new thing to me.

Our fleet use external chat program to communicate.
  • Options
    Our fleet uses both. The outside app is a nuisance, but unfortunately necessary.
  • Options
    Is this still occurring?

I don't know, i don't use the chat that often.
    And the last couple of days in game chat has been very low. I haven't noticed discrepancies.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this still occurring?

I don't know, i don't use the chat that often.
    And the last couple of days in game chat has been very low. I haven't noticed discrepancies.

I can say it occurred for me last evening. Have not seen it since about 8pm ET.

• Options
    pallidyne, was your client running for 8 hours in background, or did you log on and have missing chat?
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    pallidyne, was your client running for 8 hours in background, or did you log on and have missing chat?

I've actually seen both, but in the last occurrence it was a restart of the app with messages before and after present but messages in the middle missing. I've had it when online for a while as well (though I don't think it was 8 hours, I have to relaunch periodically due to other issues.)
  • Options
    we're actually having a different issue where letters are getting dropped while typing which makes for some interesting messages

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »

Todays instance was not minimized but left up for several hours, and missing lines in the chat. (fell asleep with phone in hand)
  • Options
    This is happens occasionally in our fleet chat. Haven't seen it for a few days though.

Unfortunately I have run into a new chat issue after upgrading my IOS to 11.1.1.
    I do not have left/right arrows in the key board box to allow me to scroll through and edit my text. Not sure if this is an in-game issue, or an Apple issue.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    This is happens occasionally in our fleet chat. Haven't seen it for a few days though.

Unfortunately I have run into a new chat issue after upgrading my IOS to 11.1.1.
    I do not have left/right arrows in the key board box to allow me to scroll through and edit my text. Not sure if this is an in-game issue, or an Apple issue.

I would guess it's an Apple issue, as I'm on Android, and have never had any left/right arrows in the keyboard box for scrolling, even with having used 3 different keyboard apps.

(The reason I've tried three different keyboard apps, btw, is that I was hoping that the incredible slowness and unresponsiveness I often get in the in-game chat was related to the specific keyboard I was using on my device. It's not.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"