Home The Bridge
Options

Antimatter draining faster in Voyages?

Over the past few days (since the latest update) it looks like antimatter is draining faster than it used to. I've barely been able to make it the 6 hour mark. Is anyone else noticing this, or is just my perception? Either something changed, or I've had a run over very bad luck.

Thoughts from the Collective?

Comments

• Options
    I was running really close on AM at 13:52 yesterday so I watched my voyage actively. There were times that the test popped after 2 flavor texts and times when it popped after 7. I would suspect you just had a bad run or two, but it's certainly possible.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I have noticed a difference, based on duration/skill level. Voyages can be highly variable though. I have noticed skills still don't update without a restart.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed a difference, based on recall time/ skill level. Voyages can be highly variable though. I have noticed skills still don't update without a restart.

Yup, I always restart before sending out another voyage.
  • Options
    I myself haven't noticed any diminished effect yet.. though I could just be having Good runs..
    (Though with medical as my silver and running an event even half assed as I am..)

I have noticed 4*s are a bit slower, but that could be bad kick.

Had a good week on them..
    Dropping regularly at the 3rd dilemma and randomly after. A Typical 1 refile 8:30:00 voyage would on average bring in 2.5 4* characters..

I'm 1 in my last 3 I believe.
    (I haven't seen anyone off the list myself btw since they were added to standard premium)

Could all be standard variances..
    It just seems weird many of us have these variances at the same time.
  • Options
    Feels the rewards and Delinma reward being nerfed as in lot fewer 3 and 4s compare to the first week
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past few days (since the latest update) it looks like antimatter is draining faster than it used to. I've barely been able to make it the 6 hour mark. Is anyone else noticing this, or is just my perception? Either something changed, or I've had a run over very bad luck.

Thoughts from the Collective?

I noticed it today. Down well over 1000 Anti-Matter in just three hours.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Okay, I just had another one thousand Anti-Matter DISAPPEAR. {In just the last few minutes, when I checked before.} Went from 1348 to 323 with NO indication of what happened. {Last documented loss was 30 Anti-Matter.}

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I just sent a Support Ticket for the drop of OVER ONE THOUSAND Anti-Matter in less than ten minutes.

Scott

• Options
    That would be a difficult one to screen cap too.

Lol everyone would need to be capping like every 5-10 minutes to see when this would happen and demonstrate to Db
  • Options
    That could explain a lot of the glitches in the voyages over the past couple days!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    That could explain a lot of the glitches in the voyages over the past couple days!

Which they thought they had fixed. But, maybe not so much. {I'm not complaining or being mean. Stuff goes wrong. I'm sure if they get enough Feedback on it, it will be quickly addressed.}

Scott

• Options
    I notice the 2 primary skill being the same for like 2 days now
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was the first time I've broken 8hrs (woo CMD/SEC). Antimatter rates seemed completely normal/as expected.
  • Options
    DmeadzDmeadz ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Voyages are quite buggy. I'm positive of it. I have spent antimatter and found that my voyage had failed within a matter of a half hour with NO way that my AM was completely spent since the dilithium put me back to full AM. There was clearly buggy code that just put me back to zero. The amount of dilithium I've spent on this is not suprisingly overwhelming. I doubt anyone at Disruptor Beam will comment on this in a meaningful way. They will not admit I'm correct. They'll give some lame excuse, or none at all, and the feature will continue to be junk for the next year while they either say "Yeah, we're not fixing that feature." or "Gee, I'm sorry. We'll get to work on that right quick."

Or someone will tell me: "Yeah, once you fill back up with dilithium, then you better get back to base on a recall." Well, then sure...ok then. I guess if you fill AM back up with actual human cash money then that's it...you are done or you just keep spending more and more. I thought there was some formula that talks about how AM declines over time on failed checks. I'm telling you this is not functioning at all within my game. I guess I need to spend another $2000 or so on this game to have it function?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dmeadz I'd suggest you take screenshots of just before and just after you do a refill, and again when the mission fails. Then you can attach those to a ticket if the problem happens again. Harder to refute your claim when you've got those to back it up.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    GilbertSmithGilbertSmith ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Here's my experience.. I haven't finished a voyage in about 2 weeks. None of them hit the 6 hour mark, they all fail somewhere after 4 hours, and I'm not paying 60-70 dilithium for a bunch of 2* crew, one or maybe 2 3* crew, and less than 200 chronitons.

When Voyages first came out I was getting 3-400 chronitons for a ~6 hour voyage, getting 8-10 hour voyages wasn't uncommon, and they almost ALWAYS surpassed 6 hours. I don't have the time to babysit these things for 2 solid hours after the 4 hour dilemma to make sure it doesn't fail so I've just stopped doing them. Meanwhile I've vaulted probably a dozen 4* crew in that timespan, so my voyages should be getting BETTER as I get more crew, not getting far, far worse. Oh, and I've had over 10k in the gold skill several times.
  • Options
    Here's my experience.. I haven't finished a voyage in about 2 weeks. None of them hit the 6 hour mark, they all fail somewhere after 4 hours, and I'm not paying 60-70 dilithium for a bunch of 2* crew, one or maybe 2 3* crew, and less than 200 chronitons.

When Voyages first came out I was getting 3-400 chronitons for a ~6 hour voyage, getting 8-10 hour voyages wasn't uncommon, and they almost ALWAYS surpassed 6 hours. I don't have the time to babysit these things for 2 solid hours after the 4 hour dilemma to make sure it doesn't fail so I've just stopped doing them. Meanwhile I've vaulted probably a dozen 4* crew in that timespan, so my voyages should be getting BETTER as I get more crew, not getting far, far worse. Oh, and I've had over 10k in the gold skill several times.

Well, 10k in the primary skill is probably your problem. You're simply stacking too much of the primary skill.

The skill check at the 6 hour mark is 7200. If your goal is to get to 6:00, you should stack primary as high as you can, but no higher than 7200. Then, stack secondary as high as you can, but no higher than 7200.

FWIW, the 4 hr "cap" is 4800 and the 8 hr "cap" is 9600.

If you want a "general" estimate of how much time you have left on your voyage, divide your remaining Anti Matter total by 22. That result is the number of minutes you'll last (approximately) assuming every single hazard is a failure. Obviously, if some pass, it'll last longer.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

That's awful. Sorry to hear that. However, if you're capable of getting 10k in the gold skill, it really should be possible for you to hit that 6-hour mark every time. I would suggest you don't focus so much on getting the 2 featured skills so high, but instead try to balance out the skills as much as you can. See if you can get all of them to at least 4000, and then put anything you've got left towards the gold and silver skills. With that, I would think it'd be hard not to make it to the 3rd Dilemma.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I’m sure nothing drastic has changed, but FWW my last two Voyages have easily been my shortest and worst in rewards. Probably just coincidence. Though, it would be nice if DB were transparent about changes when they are made. I don’t mind changes or nerfs. I do mind when they aren’t communicated. It doesn’t provide much opportunity for players to adapt strategies.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    I know I am only 1 player and not a solid base to set the "norm", but I have all 63 of my Voyages logged from 5 days after the start of Voyages (didn't know they started on 9/20) and I have not seen any variations from the 11/1 update, or the previous "nerf" many people were talking about:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xtrtkq6mWt1NjoL_cvEsACPiWfluVLupmEl21EBKzXY/edit?usp=sharing

All of my missions are 6h 40m or longer unless something gets screwed up such as skill swap or I make a mistake. Since the forced recall/update on 11/1 I've had 6 Voyages, 2 seemed suspicious:

- I once I thought something was wrong with AM drain, but it turned out to be I stacked the wrong skill (rushed before heading into work).
    - A second mission again seemed like AM drain was faster, but after looking at the stats, primary and secondary skill hazards were down by 10% (51% instead of 61%) which caused more failures in other lower skills.

Everything remains pretty much unchanged. Chron variations are due to which Dilemmas and rewards I get - I had one mission will two 50 chron and 2 75 chron Dilemmas which gave me the highest chrons in a 10½ hour mission of 881, but most of the time I get the 30 chron rewards.

Also, since 11/1 the 6 Voyages have rewarded 18 4* Crew, 10 of which have been new crew or fused to add a *. My only issue still is credits, or limited/lack thereof to build end equip all the items for these new crew, which is another thread...
  • Options
    Ran into a different problem yesterday. At the 2 hour mark, it hung up. Kept getting to about two hours and thirty seconds, then dropping back to two hours even. Of course, there was an Incident at that point that kept taking "30 Anti-Matter". Except it taking more like actually 33-35 each time. {I looked at the amounts before/after and it dropping more than 30 each time.}

Scott

• Options
    Ran into a different problem yesterday. At the 2 hour mark, it hung up. Kept getting to about two hours and thirty seconds, then dropping back to two hours even. Of course, there was an Incident at that point that kept taking "30 Anti-Matter". Except it taking more like actually 33-35 each time. {I looked at the amounts before/after and it dropping more than 30 each time.}

Scott

So this is what I did when my voyage got stuck on a dilemma:
    1. Submit a ticket (so you can get compensation)
    2. Recall the voyage (so you can still send out a new voyage when it returns)
  • Options
    @Peachtree Rex how did you figure out the voyage skill check caps at 4 hr, 6 hr and 8 hr?
  • Options
    Fyxx wrote: »
    @Peachtree Rex how did you figure out the voyage skill check caps at 4 hr, 6 hr and 8 hr?

Mostly discussion in this thread:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/175/tool-voyage-estimator-help-us-gather-data#latest

It appears that skill checks go up by 20 every minute. This assumption has served my models well enough.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    @Dmeadz I'd suggest you take screenshots of just before and just after you do a refill, and again when the mission fails. Then you can attach those to a ticket if the problem happens again. Harder to refute your claim when you've got those to back it up.

You're absolutely right. I should do that much since I'm A)upset about it B)dumb enough to keep playing this game (obviously I love it, so maybe A is a little disingenuous) and C)to support the enormous investment I've already made in one game.

I'm a PC gamer. I really expect a game to be purchased for a reasonable sum of money and to work, with a reasonable number of updates. It is an unacceptably ludicrous idea that I have to screen capture and report these kind of beta-level bugs at going on year 2+ of playing the game (I'm guessing...I don't know when I started...feels like 2 years ago).

But, you're right. If I want to get my hundreds of dollars worth, I better spend my precious time bug reporting this junk.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dmeadz wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »

You're absolutely right. I should do that much since I'm A)upset about it B)dumb enough to keep playing this game (obviously I love it, so maybe A is a little disingenuous) and C)to support the enormous investment I've already made in one game.

I'm a PC gamer. I really expect a game to be purchased for a reasonable sum of money and to work, with a reasonable number of updates. It is an unacceptably ludicrous idea that I have to screen capture and report these kind of beta-level bugs at going on year 2+ of playing the game (I'm guessing...I don't know when I started...feels like 2 years ago).

But, you're right. If I want to get my hundreds of dollars worth, I better spend my precious time bug reporting this junk.

Game will be two years old early next year.