Home The Bridge
Options

Expansion of Community Rewards

I was wondering if the Community Rewards could be expanded. Some tiers on top of the existing ones. I am playing since year one (may maybe?), and I think this would be not only fine for those already playing, but would also ease the acquisition of new players and help them motivate spending money to keep the game running.

What about:
- 2.5 B for 10 merit pulls
- 5 B for a legendary behold

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think your suggestions are too extravagant. Not sure how they would implement the behold, might be easier to give out 50000 honor. I do not think the last tier would be reached but it would be interesting.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Right now I'm thinking about a proposal for implementation of a reroll. I don't think DB would give 50k honor for 5 B (maybe as a 10 B tier), but other free to play games like The Walking Dead: No Man's Land have rerolls as a means of emergency plan for increasing the chance to get something useful.

Currently, you get only one chance: something useful worth of 50k honor or you dismiss and get 550 honor. A grave difference. This is also some sort of a constructive site.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    When I first started playing, just after STT celebrated its first birthday, there were some galaxy events when players failed to clear the community rewards. Given that those community rewards are now almost always cleared within the first 24-hours of a 96-hour event, it makes sense that there should be additional tiers added to the community rewards. DB has already overhauled the reward tiers for individual players, so it's certainly not without precedent.

More players + more competitive events + more resources (in-game and real life) invested into events = more community rewards
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Webberoni wrote: »
    When I first started playing, just after STT celebrated its first birthday, there were some galaxy events when players failed to clear the community rewards. Given that those community rewards are now almost always cleared within the first 24-hours of a 96-hour event, it makes sense that there should be additional tiers added to the community rewards. DB has already overhauled the reward tiers for individual players, so it's certainly not without precedent.

More players + more competitive events + more resources (in-game and real life) invested into events = more community rewards

It is only for one phase that the community rewards can be achieved. DB adjusted the tier for the highest reward one time and we failed to achieve it. Since then they have left it at the current level for community rewards.

The level of points the community accumulates goes down with time.
    Edit: I guess I should say points accumulated in an hours time by community will be less for the next hour. Basically, this reflect threshold and out, people who are not competing for rank rewards.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I do not think your suggestions are too extravagant. Not sure how they would implement the behold, might be easier to give out 50000 honor. I do not think the last tier would be reached but it would be interesting.

It would actually be easy. Beholds are in the honor hall. Just slap a little 1 in a yellow circle on that bad boy to indicate that you have a free one and they're done. Same as anything else. :)

Now the thing is, what should we expect DB to give away almost for free, pretty much on a weekly basis? I know this will get some groans, but schematics come to mind. I think the schematic economy is unbalanced and this could help.

What else? ... Hmm... I like the merit pull idea. Honor is always welcome... What else?
    Cadet tickets
    Arena tickets
    Voyage revival token
    Dabo spin
    Holoemiters
    A decrepit legendary
    Crew revival tokens*
    A super rare behold
    An uncommon citation**
    A rare citation**
    A common citation***
    Mirror Jean Luc Picard***

*A new idea that I just had. You could spend a token instead of 100-300 merits to bring someone out of cryo.

**If you don't need it, fuse it to a crew of that rarity and get more honor when they go out the airlock.

***Yes, this is a joke.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

It would actually be easy. Beholds are in the honor hall. Just slap a little 1 in a yellow circle on that bad boy to indicate that you have a free one and they're done. Same as anything else. :)

Now the thing is, what should we expect DB to give away almost for free, pretty much on a weekly basis? I know this will get some groans, but schematics come to mind. I think the schematic economy is unbalanced and this could help.

What else? ... Hmm... I like the merit pull idea. Honor is always welcome... What else?
    Cadet tickets
    Arena tickets
    Voyage revival token
    Dabo spin
    Holoemiters
    A decrepit legendary
    Crew revival tokens*
    A super rare behold
    An uncommon citation**
    A common citation**

*A new idea that I just had. You could spend a token instead of 100-300 merits to bring someone out of cryo.

**If you don't need it, fuse it to a crew of that rarity and get more honor when they go out the airlock.

***Yes, this is a joke.
    Like your list, but you did leave off the rare citation. Was that too purposely done as joke. delete common citation replace with rare👍😉

Thought of a joke because of your mistake. A common behold.😊
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that's a bad idea, however I'd like to see community rewards added to the least rewarding and most time intensive event type first: faction events.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    I don't think that's a bad idea, however I'd like to see community rewards added to the least rewarding and most time intensive event type first: faction events.

Ditto. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

Cadet tickets
    Arena tickets
    Voyage revival token
    Dabo spin
    Holoemiters
    A decrepit legendary
    Crew revival tokens*
    A super rare behold
    An uncommon citation**
    A common citation**

***Yes, this is a joke.
    Like your list, but you did leave off the rare citation. Was that too purposely done as joke. delete common citation replace with rare👍😉

Y'all remember when we first started we got a begreen of Picard, Kirk, and Sisko?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Cadet tickets
    Arena tickets
    Voyage revival token
    Dabo spin
    Holoemiters
    A decrepit legendary
    Crew revival tokens*
    A super rare behold
    An uncommon citation**
    A common citation**

***Yes, this is a joke.

Ah yes, I mixed up some things. I fixed them now. :)
    Farewell 🖖