Home The Bridge

fingers and thumbs moments?

Anyone else have finger and thumbs moments in the honor sale?
Some how with a choice of Killy, Defensive Phlox, I ended up selecting temporal agent Daniels.
Language not suitable for this sensitive board.
Im going to stop selecting beholds om my phone.

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. It happens. Maybe support can put right what once went wrong.
    Let’s fly!
  • Not sure how to select 'un-awesome'.

I have had similar where support was able to help, though in reality thier help seems arbitrary sometimes.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Kadavar wrote: »
    Anyone else have finger and thumbs moments in the honor sale?
    Some how with a choice of Killy, Defensive Phlox, I ended up selecting temporal agent Daniels.
    Language not suitable for this sensitive board.
    Im going to stop selecting beholds om my phone.

Explain to support that because of the touch screen you did not get the one you wanted in the behold, tell them the three that were in it. Who you accidentally got, and who you actually wanted. They should be able to take care of this for you.

Edit: I always have moments where I actually did not get the one my finger was on. Can happen with screens that need to be cleaned. Also the touch screen works by capacitance , I actually have moments where my finger does not touch the screen but the touch screen is triggered by my finger hovering over the location.

Edit2: I do think the touch screen is a lousy input method. I think all the seeries after TOS had them on everything. I can imagine how many things could have gone wrong with using them as the input device. And also in using them, the delay to make sure no accidents happen. Basically all sorts of codes needed to be entered before allowing the firing of phasers just to keep accidental firing from happening. But still in a situation where you are set to fire but only by command. Your fingering hovering over the fire Phaser button, it is already targeting, and because you are close enough it fires.
  • KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this, re-assuring i'm not the only one whose done it. id not thought of contacting support, i'll give it a go. The touch screen problems are interesting, I've had it react before when my finger is hovering over a button. Some episodes may have had different endings due to dodgy touchscreens,
  • I used up over 2000 dilithium one night when I clicked on the campaign + on a section 8 levels higher by accident
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    We’ve all been there! In my experience, CS will make any corrections on a mishap choice.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • In my experience they usually require a screenshot, which is why I try to screenshot every behold, but I haven't asked for that in a while as the moment a behold comes up my fingers leave the screen and my screen is usually very clean so no issues there. Hope this gets worked out for ya tho.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually do not have a screenshot of behold. But I know what was there. They usually are able to look it up and help.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    I usually do not have a screenshot of behold. But I know what was there. They usually are able to look it up and help.

Well then they changed that statute in the last year since I request they do this. They also only did it once for a player they said... Did they change that too?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Well then they changed that statute in the last year since I request they do this. They also only did it once for a player they said... Did they change that too?

Mine was a while ago. Might have been before yours. But, they do have the ability to see the beholds we had. So, I still think they should be able to switch the crew.

But, if they will not fix, what would be touchscreen making the selection rather than the person selecting it. I would escalate the ticket. No matter what the CS person I was talking to said.

Mine was a while ago. Might have been before yours. But, they do have the ability to see the beholds we had. So, I still think they should be able to switch the crew.

But, if they will not fix, what would be touchscreen making the selection rather than the person selecting it. I would escalate the ticket. No matter what the CS person I was talking to said.

Woooooooow they actually have that ability now? It's about time I remember people on the old forum saying how wrong it was that cs didn't have that info so that's really gr8!!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Woooooooow they actually have that ability now? It's about time I remember people on the old forum saying how wrong it was that cs didn't have that info so that's really gr8!!

They had it over three years ago I might even have the message that showed they had it.
  • edited January 2020

They had it over three years ago I might even have the message that showed they had it.

What?! Where did I get my info? Plus I can't check the old forums cause it keeps reloading every 1 second or so
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

What?! Where did I get my info? Plus I can't check the old forums cause it keeps reloading every 1 second or so

I found the message I was thinking of it is only deleted crew. I am going to have to read all my old messages. I could have sworn they had said they had that ability. Do not have the time to read all those old messages though. And I was only looking through the one account. I still have not really started this event give me a couple days to go through them.

Edit: to the original poster. You contact CS. Tell them that you did not get to select the crew you wanted because of the touchscreen, tell them who was in the behold , who was selected, and who you wanted. If they tell you they need a screenshot you tell them you had no idea an error was going to happen, or that you were trying to take a screenshot and that was when the crew got selected and you did not get the screenshot. Either way, let them tell you no or yes. If they tell you no, ask to escalate the ticket and do not let them talk you out of it unless they do resolve it for you. If on escalating it they tell you no then I guess you will be stuck with what the touchscreen selected. But, taking a screenshot is not a solution, anybody that has tried taking a screenshot only to hit the wrong buttons or touch the screen knows this,

I found the message I was thinking of it is only deleted crew. I am going to have to read all my old messages. I could have sworn they had said they had that ability. Do not have the time to read all those old messages though. And I was only looking through the one account. I still have not really started this event give me a couple days to go through them.

Of course, I went through my messages and found a few (before they locked it down to only a one time thing) where I asked for a trade due to an incorrect choice, and I also can't find them saying if you don't have a screenshot, them they can't do anything and I thought I had it... I only have one account tho so it would be easier for me.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Of course, I went through my messages and found a few (before they locked it down to only a one time thing) where I asked for a trade due to an incorrect choice, and I also can't find them saying if you don't have a screenshot, them they can't do anything and I thought I had it... I only have one account tho so it would be easier for me.

Ya, but I am the one with the message i will have to go though them. Lucky for me as time went on I made less mistakes. So most of mine are way back.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I should mention a better way than taking a screenshot is using the in game recording.38bodm83s5d4.png
    You click the record in the options
    fjp8uj4c3cxg.png

With the above screen showing the red button. This is where you would open packs or these honor begolds.
    But this will use more of your device memory. So do not forget to stop it with the red button on top of the screen when done opening packs or these honor offers.
    With iOS we get the option to edit, save, and cancel. Probably want the save it first.
    4mwm00pxjzql.png

If nothing goes wrong you will want to delete it later.

If something goes wrong, you should be able to edit the video later and just select the video portion that has the error in it.
    In the above screen the bottom portion showing frames. I believe you can move things on the bottom to just select a portion of the video. But do this after you saved the whole video. Unless it will not because of memory. Then you might have to edit out just a portion.

Edit: actually play your video back and pause it on the error behold and then take a screenshot. Safer to take a screenshot of the playback then to try it in the game.

Ya, but I am the one with the message i will have to go though them. Lucky for me as time went on I made less mistakes. So most of mine are way back.

Yeah but I thought I got a message saying they couldn't do it without a screenshot
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I believe with outsourcing of CS that their tools are limited. I to believe I got a message recently past year and a half that we will do it this first time for you but you will need a screenshot in the future. I am going to try to read all my messages and make some notes, I will post the info from those notes.

Edit: from the response the OP got from CS, the above is not right, though things could have improved by now.
    I believe with outsourcing of CS that their tools are limited. I to believe I got a message recently past year and a half that we will do it this first time for you but you will need a screenshot in the future. I am going to try to read all my messages and make some notes, I will post the info from those notes.

Ooooooooh ok that makes more sense then!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    CS is fully capable of telling you what options you had without a screen shot. It has been done for me more than once. Yes, a screen shot makes the process much smoother, but even without it, the ability is there. I did this quite recently in fact.

*Edit* Niceness does go a very long way with CS too! ;)
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re polite and reasonable with your requests, CS usually does things pleasantly and quickly. I had a fat-finger moment with a behold last year or maybe the year before where there were two already-immortal options and what would have been the final star for Friar Tuck Data....I didn’t even have time to take a screenshot but CS was still willing and able to replace the dupe with a copy of Data right away.

They were also able to restore the 3/5* Enemy Lines Sisko I had accidentally airlocked back in August and didn’t notice was missing until last month - although I did have photographic evidence showing him present at one time and gone later, they said they saw the exact date I accidentally sent him on a walk and we’re happy to remove the appropriate amount of honor to restore him. It should also be said that it was a good thing I had my spreadsheet to remind me that he should have been there, because I obviously didn’t notice otherwise.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Ooooooooh ok that makes more sense then!

I guess I am wrong about the outsourcing having less tools. But when I get the chance to go through my mails. Maybe I can make more sense of things.

I know one thing and that is the improvements that DB has done over the years has cut done on the number of people needing Customer Support. This in turn, has sped up response times.

Also , if you explain your problem and what you are looking for to resolve the problem, sometimes the CS only has to contact you once to tell you that they have resolved your problem check to see if you got it. And one more time, to tell you about rating the CS and to rate the service that you received. This too, will cut down on back and forth, and speed up response times.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year, there was an apparent issue with a Tuesday Pack or an Event Pack. Shan was able to look up what one player had pulled, and see that they had hit the Premium Pack by mistake.

They can also see the Beholds, apparently. They can confirm if an Event Pack did a Behold/BeGold that included Featured Crew...........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • My worst usually involved hitting the wrong choice on a delimma.