Home The Bridge

Freezing multiple copies?

In the past, if you froze multiple copies of a toon, only 1 would remain (ie if you unfroze it, there would be no more of that one frozen). Saw a recent post where someone said they had multiple copies frozen. If you freeze multiple copies, do you have multiple copies still frozen (is you can unfreeze them one at a time and none are lost)?

Comments

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past, if you froze multiple copies of a toon, only 1 would remain (ie if you unfroze it, there would be no more of that one frozen). Saw a recent post where someone said they had multiple copies frozen. If you freeze multiple copies, do you have multiple copies still frozen (is you can unfreeze them one at a time and none are lost)?

I know you can freeze up to at least 3 (and probably more) copies and unfreeze them later. I’ve frozen a few purples 3 times and taken them out before for events. There may be a cap eventually but I don’t know what it is.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done multiples of 3 🌟 and 2 🌟 Crew. Did not know the "extras" were there. Learn something new every day......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I have frozen double digits of some characters without issues
  • CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    I have frozen double digits of some characters without issues

And unfroze them too
  • Awesome, thanks
  • CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    I have frozen double digits of some characters without issues

And unfroze them too

More than 5 copies at one time?

A while back we discovered that you could safely freeze and unfreeze a max of 5 crew. Any more than that and the extra copies in the cryo would disappear.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I am not sure if there are limits or bugs. If you take a screenshot, I think on a phone you can only show six crew at a time. On my iPad I can show nine. In the picture below you can see I have two immortalized Robin Hood's and Admiral Picard's. This picture would be proof to CS if later I only had one in my freezer and no more.
    99e23q65h6j5.png

• Fleet mate recently froze and unfroze 6 dupes to test it, without any issues.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I do not think there is any problems. But I come across crew I thought I had more of. So that is why i am going through and recording how many I have now. I am also doing two accounts, so it might be me thinking I had more in one but it was the other. Once I have it recorded, if I find a discrepancy than I will know there is a problem. But I have numerous dupes, and do take them out of cryo when needed. So, I believe it is working. But, I cannot say for certain.
    We still need something like this in the cryo:

xtnwy6tkynok.jpg

There are not enough "awesomes" in the infinite universe to express what a QoL improvement that would be for those of us with multiples of Crew. I know I didn't keep track, because I didn't know this was a thing.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

xtnwy6tkynok.jpg

There are not enough "awesomes" in the infinite universe to express what a QoL improvement that would be for those of us with multiples of Crew. I know I didn't keep track, because I didn't know this was a thing.........
    Definitely Scott. This is not the first time I think he has done this though. I think he suggested over a year ago with a somewhat similar picture.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »

xtnwy6tkynok.jpg

Definitely Scott. This is not the first time I think he has done this though. I think he suggested over a year ago with a somewhat similar picture.

Same picture actually. (filestamp shows January 18th 2018 - so two years ago!)

Also for those who are unaware, there are many spreadsheets (links in the Ready Room) available to keep track of your crew and other various parts of the game. I even made a special simple one just for duplicates to keep track of how many in cryo. This helps a lot for Faction events when I need to unfreeze those dupes.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

xtnwy6tkynok.jpg

Same picture actually. (filestamp shows January 18th 2018 - so two years ago!)

Also for those who are unaware, there are many spreadsheets (links in the Ready Room) available to keep track of your crew and other various parts of the game. I even made a special simple one just for duplicates to keep track of how many in cryo. This helps a lot for Faction events when I need to unfreeze those dupes.

Thanks, for info. I will be trying to see what is available to help with keeping track of dupes.
    That idea for the numbers on multiples of Crew needs to happen. Great QoL improvement.