Home The Bridge

Is the Wiki down?!?!?

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't been able to double check Dilemmas since last night........
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    5m8smz3j66xe.jpg
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Haven't been able to double check Dilemmas since last night........

Yes, the Wiki is currently still down. Here is the current message:

“Experienced a server failure. Please be patient while drives are replaced and data is restored from a backup.” [emphasis added] 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Down since yesterday.

In the meantime, if you need help with which dilemmas to choose, check this thread:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2946/best-voyage-options-a-guide-to-voyage-exclusive-crew-rip

And if you need to check crew stats, go here:
    http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • The wiki is down?!?!?!?!

hak9a8besq4p.jpeg
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Down since yesterday.

In the meantime, if you need help with which dilemmas to choose, check this thread:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2946/best-voyage-options-a-guide-to-voyage-exclusive-crew-rip

And if you need to check crew stats, go here:
    http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html

Thanx. Bookmarked & Pinned in my Clipboard.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Datacore is also still working which have been using for my daily 10K begold.

https://datacore.app/behold
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It's always unfortunate when stuff like this goes down on a weekend.

I'm guessing it'll take a bit of work to restore everything from backups, so i can't say I mind they waited until Monday. No sense ruining sone admin's weekend over this.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    Hasedoki wrote: »

I'm guessing it'll take a bit of work to restore everything from backups, so i can't say I mind they waited until Monday. No sense ruining sone admin's weekend over this.

Are the servers in America? Tomorrow is Lee-Jackson Day. Might be Tuesday.
    edited January 2020
    Hasedoki wrote: »

Are the servers in America? Tomorrow is Lee-Jackson Day. Might be Tuesday.

1. I don’t know where the Wiki servers are.
    2. Tomorrow is not Lee-Jackson Day. That Virginia state holiday occurs on the Friday before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, the federal holiday which is tomorrow (Monday).
    3. Que sera, sera ... just a reminder, the Wiki is maintained by the players, not by the company.
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    edited January 2020
    <snip> ~Shan
  • kobakoba ✭✭✭
    wiki is online again for me, but I cant log in
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
    koba wrote: »

It's back up, apparently. I did not even know we could log in.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »

It's back up, apparently. I did not even know we could log in.

Having user accounts does indeed exist; why they don’t work is definitely new to me, however:

w2bfnqdwni88.jpeg
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Martin Luther King, Jr. was a social activist and Baptist minister who played a key role in the American civil rights movement from the mid-1950s until his assassination in 1968. King sought equality and human rights for African Americans, the economically disadvantaged and all victims of injustice through peaceful protest. He was the driving force behind watershed events such as the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the 1963 March on Washington, which helped bring about such landmark legislation as the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. King was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964 and is remembered each year on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, a U.S. federal holiday since 1986.

Friday is a state holiday, Lee-Jackson Day, honoring Confederate leaders. But, this year may be the last one it’s on the calendar.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Tried to edit Equipment for Tourist Worf. Had problem with session lost data, could not save it.
    Did as suggested logged out. Now cannot get back in.
    I think I should have not have bothered logging out, but should tried tomorrow and see if the edit could be saved. Oh well, now it is just seeing when I can actually log back in.

Edit: Now I am wondering if I am using the right password.
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Tried to edit Equipment for Tourist Worf. Had problem with session lost data, could not save it.
    Did as suggested logged out. Now cannot get back in.
    I think I should have not have bothered logging out, but should tried tomorrow and see if the edit could be saved. Oh well, now it is just seeing when I can actually log back in.

Edit: Now I am wondering if I am using the right password.

Others of us are also experiencing the same login issue. The relevant Wiki admin folk have been made aware of the situation. 🖖
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fully back up.

I can log in, and edit pages.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It's fully back up.

I can log in, and edit pages.

Thanks for info.
    Tried logging in and luckily the password was right. I got in too.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad this was resolved - closing :)
This discussion has been closed.