Home The Bridge
Options

Thank you, DB, for Dr. “Bones” McCoy!

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate getting the chance to collect so many copies of this legendary crew member. Especially one that has been this easy to equip. Even with just a single stat, he is going to be a huge help to someone at my level.

It was also a lot of fun having a new spin on some old tasks.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpaceKat wrote: »
    I just wanted to say how much I appreciate getting the chance to collect so many copies of this legendary crew member. Especially one that has been this easy to equip. Even with just a single stat, he is going to be a huge help to someone at my level.

It was also a lot of fun having a new spin on some old tasks.

Thank you!

One of the nicest Convergence Day Freebies, ever. As you said, easy to Equip. And four 🌟 s just for doing stuff we do every day, any way.

And a single Skill Crew done right. One Skill? You gotta get them numbers higher.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed with everything above - would we say Bones was, ahem, say it with me, done better by DB? ;)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah!! Christmas and Convergence celebrations were awesome!!! Thank you so much for all of it!!! They really infused some life into the playing experience. And I got news for you OP. Even the most seasoned veteran will appreciate this McCoy. He is by far my number 1 MED shuttle guy!
  • Options
    Not to beat a dead horse, but yes Bones has been a welcomed edition to my crew. 2 items away from being immortalized, he is still my number 1 medical officer. Him and Culber are now staples of my voyages, freeing up Darth Bashir and Admiral Cornwell for shuttle missions.
  • Options
    It was a wonderful surprise, and welcome to say the least. Pile on the "thanks" from me.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Many thanks from my side, too. I did immortalize him with a "real cash" citation. So DB has a win and i have a Doctor who's rocking in all the MED-shuttles.
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    Absolute best part about picking Bones to be the greatest of single-skill crew:

He's a doctor, not a diplomat!
    He's a doctor, not command crew!
    He's a doctor, not a security officer!
    He's a doctor, not an engineer!
    He's a doctor, not a research scientist!

And he's got the stats (and the quotes) to match :sunglasses:
  • Options
    The way he was rolled out to players was superb.

The extra copies were a nice reward for regular gameplay.

His stats as a one skiller are excellent.

I'd love more of the same in future!!

In the meantime to all at DB and to the genuis who's idea this was.....

A huge Thank you!!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    On away missions and expedition events. Crew have all six skills. The ones listed are their stat for those skills. The lowest base stat is used to determine what the base stat and proficiency is for the unlisted skills. The lowest base stat is multiplied by 0.2 to determine what the base stat is and it's proficiency is multiplied by 0.2 determine the proficiency for the unlisted skills.

Unlisted skills do not get any effect by equipment . Are zero for faction missions And, proficiency for gauntlet are considered zero. They do not have any effect in voyages either. These only come into play on away missions, and since the expedition event is composed of away missions, expedition events.

Dr. 'Bones' McCoy will have the highest unlisted base stat when immortalized over any other crew. Though other crew could have better proficiency.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we also thank DB for sending compensation out for the outage today even before people had a chance to post angry threads about it?

Fixed quickly, and compensation sent out in record time!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Thanks to DB on both counts!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s what I like about the McCoy promotion/event:

1) The design. I’m just so impressed that the crew was designed in such a way that he would be useful for literally everyone without being game-breaking in any way.

2) The multiple copies available. McCoy would have been useful even at one star, but many of us have armies of 1/5 already and it would have been a bit annoying. Instead, it was made so everyone could get 4/5 if they just played the game.

3). The temporary achievements. For those of us who have done all of our achievements except the very hardest and grindy-est it was nice to have something to do in that facet of the game again. I’d love it if this became a recurring feature somehow.

4). The audio clips. For some reason the audio clips have been MIA for a while, and that’s really a nice touch. They’re not huge in the grand scheme of things, but it’s those little details that can just put a smile on your face sometimes. Nobody expects them for every character, but for characters that have certain lines or quotes associated with them, it’s a great finishing touch. Admiral Patrick is one who comes to mind in recent memory that would have been very nice to have an audio clip for.

All in all, I would give this promo a 10/10. I’ll be one of the first to point out if I think something is implemented poorly, so it seems only fair to also give praise when it is due.

Thanks to all who were involved in this promotion. Y’all nailed it.

I agree with all of this, especially if this could be a regular thing going forward. It was a game mechanic that I found very interesting, engaging, and welcome. More of these in the future would be awesome!

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolute best part about picking Bones to be the greatest of single-skill crew:

He's a doctor, not a diplomat!
    He's a doctor, not command crew!
    He's a doctor, not a security officer!
    He's a doctor, not an engineer!
    He's a doctor, not a research scientist!

And he's got the stats (and the quotes) to match :sunglasses:

Heh, came here to say this exact thing!

"Bones, this man is choking!"
    "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a... oh."
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks DB for all the Convergence Day offers and freebs we got. That was really fun. I hope we get lots of reasons to celebrate something in 2020. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I agree wholeheartedly. I have a good crew and Bones is my best med by over 300 points, my second best being Qod.

The entire Convergence Day celebration was great. I had almost 350k honor and managed to squeeze out a couple more 10k pulls.

Makes me not want to spend any honor til next year.
  • Options
    Time to throw in my Thank You as well... He is a one skill done right!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Here’s what I like about the McCoy promotion/event:

1) The design. I’m just so impressed that the crew was designed in such a way that he would be useful for literally everyone without being game-breaking in any way.

2) The multiple copies available. McCoy would have been useful even at one star, but many of us have armies of 1/5 already and it would have been a bit annoying. Instead, it was made so everyone could get 4/5 if they just played the game.

3). The temporary achievements. For those of us who have done all of our achievements except the very hardest and grindy-est it was nice to have something to do in that facet of the game again. I’d love it if this became a recurring feature somehow.

4). The audio clips. For some reason the audio clips have been MIA for a while, and that’s really a nice touch. They’re not huge in the grand scheme of things, but it’s those little details that can just put a smile on your face sometimes. Nobody expects them for every character, but for characters that have certain lines or quotes associated with them, it’s a great finishing touch. Admiral Patrick is one who comes to mind in recent memory that would have been very nice to have an audio clip for.

All in all, I would give this promo a 10/10. I’ll be one of the first to point out if I think something is implemented poorly, so it seems only fair to also give praise when it is due.

Thanks to all who were involved in this promotion. Y’all nailed it.

I agree with all of this, especially if this could be a regular thing going forward. It was a game mechanic that I found very interesting, engaging, and welcome. More of these in the future would be awesome!

It worked too. Not only did I collect the 4/5 McCoy I also spent the $10 to finish him.
    Let’s fly!