Home The Bridge

Indecision

Massively struggling with deciding where to use my 22x5* citations and it's starting to massively annoy me!

Literally too many options.

Do I immortalise my legion of mega event crew?

Do I level up some stalwarts like the EMA and Mambo Picard?

Favoured crew like Endgame Janeway?

Too many options...

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazlaaaaa wrote: »
    Massively struggling with deciding where to use my 22x5* citations and it's starting to massively annoy me!

Too many options...

People can advise you better if you list your Legendaries, and how many 🌟 each has.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Save them for the upcoming Picard Mega in February. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    edited January 2020
    Save them for the upcoming Picard Mega in February. ;)

That is a good idea!!!!!

Any of the weekly Legendaries OP snags are probably gonna have pretty good Stats. The way that has been mostly trending up.

And the Recurring can be Immortalized, as well.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Too many options...

People can advise you better if you list your Legendaries, and how many 🌟 each has.

We have a separate thread for that list in ready room.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15385/confessions-of-an-honor-hoarder#latest

Maybe a merge is in order.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in a similar situation, but I have not yet looked over my crew.

Here is what I plan to do:

First, I will print off a copy of the top voyager list. I will note how many copies I currently have of the top 100. Then I will consider which skills and combinations I need most. Then I will cite up those with the best numbers first.

Also, I will save a citation for the mega event.

With power-creap, it wouldn't hurt to save several citations.
    I am in a similar situation, but I have not yet looked over my crew.

Here is what I plan to do:

First, I will print off a copy of the top voyager list. I will note how many copies I currently have of the top 100. Then I will consider which skills and combinations I need most. Then I will cite up those with the best numbers first.

Also, I will save a citation for the mega event.

With power-creap, it wouldn't hurt to save several citations.

Yeah. Power creep cannot be overstressed. The next Sledgehammer could drop at any time.

And, the Recurring Mega Event Legendary could be up there, too. We have gotten some really great Recurrings and some not so hot.
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    I had used the citations for my best voyage 5* crew.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would always recommend starting out with crew that takes you from 4 stars to 5. You only need one cute each to immortalize them. Then go for the heavy hitters. The crew that have high ranking point totals like FO Burnham and Gary Seven
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Med combinations are generally a safer bet and much needed so EMA would not be a bad one to cite, hold one back at least for the mega and maybe another 4 if your looking to get a first to max as a goal. Then it’s perhaps which skills you are weakest for voyages etc mambo picards base score may not be great but he is deceptively good for voyages
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »

Too many options...

We have a separate thread for that list in ready room.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15385/confessions-of-an-honor-hoarder#latest

Maybe a merge is in order.

I figured Ready room was the place for advice. The bridge was more the place to vent at my frustration...
  • First world problems... we feel your pain.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • You could also save them for a future killer card that you won’t have to spend money on to immortalize.

I’m personally at a good spot with my golds. I have a lot of golds that need stars, but I’m at a point where I have all the major collections taken care of and any of the cards I have that still need stars aren’t the best ones anyway. So I might save my citations for future cards
  • You could also save them for a future killer card that you won’t have to spend money on to immortalize.

I don't spend money on the game.

End of.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cite:
    - crew matching your weakest voyage skills
    - main cast
    - high voyage numbers.
    - crew not having cmd or dip, it's too common and megas will spam you with these.

Once you're out of cards matching all 4 requirements, strike one and work from there.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    You could also save them for a future killer card that you won’t have to spend money on to immortalize.

End of.

I don't see how that is any way relevant to their point. If you are not spending money then their advice is super relevant as you don't have the options others have so getting access to fully fused high value crew is going to have an outweighed relative advantage to you.

I am curious why you seem so militant on not spending money as well. You obviously play the game a lot to have accumulated 22 citations so you have received an enormous amount of value from the game.

(I am not trying to wealth shame anyone, I understand that some people can't afford to pay and others are unable to pay because of payment options they have available and that's totally cool. But despite the gross generosity of DB in this holiday period to give such an epic honor deal it boggles the mind that people would still be hostile to paying to play this game.)

(Edited to add that another category of people who might feel justifiably aggrieved is those that have spent on rng elements of the game and feel like they have contributed enough and not gotten the value expected. Very sympathetic to that perspective as well.)
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    You could also save them for a future killer card that you won’t have to spend money on to immortalize.

End of.

I don't see how that is any way relevant to their point. If you are not spending money then their advice is super relevant as you don't have the options others have so getting access to fully fused high value crew is going to have an outweighed relative advantage to you.

I am curious why you seem so militant on not spending money as well. You obviously play the game a lot to have accumulated 22 citations so you have received an enormous amount of value from the game.

(I am not trying to wealth shame anyone, I understand that some people can't afford to pay and others are unable to pay because of payment options they have available and that's totally cool. But despite the gross generosity of DB in this holiday period to give such an epic honor deal it boggles the mind that people would still be hostile to paying to play this game.)

(Edited to add that another category of people who might feel justifiably aggrieved is those that have spent on rng elements of the game and feel like they have contributed enough and not gotten the value expected. Very sympathetic to that perspective as well.)

My own opinion as a low spender, the marginal increase in enjoyment from spending is not enough to justify the spending.

If DB charged $x/month to play and the only option to play was to pay, then you can debate if you enjoy the game/receive enough value to justify paying. But instead they let you play for free and choose to charge for enhancements.

Players don't owe DB anything for using what they offer for free. The question to ask is, given how much I'm playing the game now, would spending $x provide more additional enjoyment or would I get more enjoyment from buying a beer/movie ticket/whatever.

Different people can answer that question differently. And that determines how much they're willing to spend. But how much time they spend playing the game as a F2P is not a reason they need to spend more.

There's an important concept in Psychology and Economics called Reciprocity. Basically the idea is that people will sometimes willingly surrender a part of their consumer surplus if they have gotten something of greater value in advance. I am curious about it because I am wondering to what degree these F2P business models depend on those feelings. It's certainly what dominates my willingness to pay. Another part of my willingness to pay is the realisation that I would strongly prefer a world where this game continues to exist over a world where it closes down.

This is genuine curiosity. It's been a while since I've seen hostility to paying here, and I would have thought that many of what are left of the playerbase would be spenders now, based on the value available in Campaigns and Monthly card, but also as the player base matures, the sunk cost effects on those choosing to stay playing versus the lower attachment of those with lower monetary investment in the game (essentially, assuming that non-paying players are more likely to walk away).

I keep an eye on Sensortower.com to get a sense of STT revenues ($800k/mth currently, but that's only a part of the story. Steam, Facebook, FireOS and Windows Store revenues are not included). It is trending downward over time but not as much as Arena participation and the anecdotal recruitment problems, so I think it's fair to observe that average revenue per user might actually be rising. Whether there's enough coming in to keep the lights on longer term is unknown however.

• Thurthorad wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Thurthorad wrote: »

End of.

My own opinion as a low spender, the marginal increase in enjoyment from spending is not enough to justify the spending.

If DB charged $x/month to play and the only option to play was to pay, then you can debate if you enjoy the game/receive enough value to justify paying. But instead they let you play for free and choose to charge for enhancements.

Players don't owe DB anything for using what they offer for free. The question to ask is, given how much I'm playing the game now, would spending $x provide more additional enjoyment or would I get more enjoyment from buying a beer/movie ticket/whatever.

Different people can answer that question differently. And that determines how much they're willing to spend. But how much time they spend playing the game as a F2P is not a reason they need to spend more.

There's an important concept in Psychology and Economics called Reciprocity. Basically the idea is that people will sometimes willingly surrender a part of their consumer surplus if they have gotten something of greater value in advance. I am curious about it because I am wondering to what degree these F2P business models depend on those feelings. It's certainly what dominates my willingness to pay. Another part of my willingness to pay is the realisation that I would strongly prefer a world where this game continues to exist over a world where it closes down.

This is genuine curiosity. It's been a while since I've seen hostility to paying here, and I would have thought that many of what are left of the playerbase would be spenders now, based on the value available in Campaigns and Monthly card, but also as the player base matures, the sunk cost effects on those choosing to stay playing versus the lower attachment of those with lower monetary investment in the game (essentially, assuming that non-paying players are more likely to walk away).

I keep an eye on Sensortower.com to get a sense of STT revenues ($800k/mth currently, but that's only a part of the story. Steam, Facebook, FireOS and Windows Store revenues are not included). It is trending downward over time but not as much as Arena participation and the anecdotal recruitment problems, so I think it's fair to observe that average revenue per user might actually be rising. Whether there's enough coming in to keep the lights on longer term is unknown however.

I'm not hostile to paying per se, and, indeed, have bought a couple of monthly dil cards in the past.