Home The Bridge
Options

Did Skirmish Loot Rewards Change?

[GoT] LuckyNumberHat[GoT] LuckyNumberHat ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in The Bridge
Values for loot rewards look different to me. Thought I saw a 67 Chron reward and credits in something other than a multiple of 1500. Also just got 53 Intel.

Edit: Seems to have changed after I put in Shelby. Did anyone else see this? Is it supposed to be affected by crew?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Values for rewards look different to me. Thought I saw a 67 Chron reward and credits in something other than a multiple of 1500. Also just got 53 Intel.

Edit: Seems to have changed after I put in Shelby. Did anyone else see this? Is it supposed to be affected by crew?

Oh, great. People already hate the Shelby we got, and now she is Nerfing Drops?!?!?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Sorry for the poor wording, @DScottHewitt. Putting in Shelby coincided with the issue resolving, not occurring.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for anyone wondering, stick one of your event crew in that ship to get your full reward!
  • Options
    Sorry for the poor wording, @DScottHewitt. Putting in Shelby coincided with the issue resolving, not occurring.
    Yes, for anyone wondering, stick one of your event crew in that ship to get your full reward!

I just started with Augment Riker and left him in the Eng Slot. So, never saw it.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

@GhostStalker is that true for the loot rewards after each round? My understanding was that crew only affected the VP earned form each round, not credits, chrons, intel, etc. drops.
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I always used Event crew for max VP; good to know Dirk G
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    is that true for the loot rewards after each round? My understanding was that crew only affected the VP earned form each round, not credits, chrons, intel, etc. drops.
    Nope, it was that way since from the veriest beginning. I can confirm it too. It effectively changed my chronitons drops to mountainous amounts. Good source of farming them.
  • Options
    is that true for the loot rewards after each round? My understanding was that crew only affected the VP earned form each round, not credits, chrons, intel, etc. drops.
    Nope, it was that way since from the veriest beginning. I can confirm it too. It effectively changed my chronitons drops to mountainous amounts. Good source of farming them.

any hint then how to get the 300 chrons?
    For me they're always random between 75, 150, 300
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I've had like ten 300 Chroniton drops mid-skirmish in the first 20 or so full 5/5 rounds, it was insane. The loot drops certainly seem to have been tuned a bit, but that's great. Huge chance to level crew and at the same time not really lose any Intel, just keep fighting and fighting. :D
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Can we get confirmation from DB that this thing about post-Battle Loot Drops is accurate, and not that observer bias thing?

I have been using Augment Riker from the start, and drops are totally random for me.......

• Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    It is my observation (though not something I have tracking data for) that when you have an Eva boost crew that matches for a bonus you get a larger heal post battle. And I believe that matching Accuracy for a bonus results in higher loot rewards.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first round gave me lower VP...
    And then I realized "AHHHH... WRONG RIKER!"
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    The amount of chronitons drops are still chance based, but if you have the crew, that drop the maximum Victory Points amount, the maximum amount you can get is 300 chronitons. And if you have lesser quality crew and lesser VP, the maximum amount is beneath 300. That's the mathematics here.
  • Options
    Learn something new every day! Thanks, everyone.
  • Options
    The amount of chronitons drops are still chance based, but if you have the crew, that drop the maximum Victory Points amount, the maximum amount you can get is 300 chronitons. And if you have lesser quality crew and lesser VP, the maximum amount is beneath 300. That's the mathematics here.

Okay. I misunderstood. My bad. I thought people were saying that using Event Crew was guaranteeing maximum Drops.

If the OP was not using Event Crew at first, his Loot Drops would have had different amounts.

• Options

Okay. I misunderstood. My bad. I thought people were saying that using Event Crew was guaranteeing maximum Drops.
    No, it is guaranteeing the chance of maximum rewards. There are percent chances of different loot tiers, and the outcome of them are then multiplied with the quality of your used crew. It's like some sort of Dabo + reward multiplied with your crew's quality.
  • Options
    don't know just got only 75 honor for a battle with 2 trait matsches and event crew.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to correct what I get wrong, I just want to say it in the most clear way to make sure.

Loots have teirs. Three I believe. So like, 50, 100, 200. If you match an event specific crew all rewards are doubled. VP, credits, honor... So 100, 200, 400. Regular crew an trait matchs only give 1.5 (75, 150, 300). The game just looks for the highest rated match. It doesn't stack. So matching 2 or more will not alter the drop. Three trait matchs of the same quality crew will result in the same payout as matching one.

If anyone wants to disprove my assumption on the additional benifits of matching combat types, please do.

My observation has been that I get mid and high tier loots more often when a card with Accuracy is matched for bonus. As well, when a card with an Evasion skill matches it seems to me the hull repair option heals twice as much (or 1.5 if it's not event crew) as otherwise.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to correct what I get wrong, I just want to say it in the most clear way to make sure.

Loots have teirs. Three I believe. So like, 50, 100, 200. If you match an event specific crew all rewards are doubled. VP, credits, honor... So 100, 200, 400. Regular crew an trait matchs only give 1.5 (75, 150, 300). The game just looks for the highest rated match. It doesn't stack. So matching 2 or more will not alter the drop. Three trait matchs of the same quality crew will result in the same payout as matching one.

If anyone wants to disprove my assumption on the additional benifits of matching combat types, please do.

My observation has been that I get mid and high tier loots more often when a card with Accuracy is matched for bonus. As well, when a card with an Evasion skill matches it seems to me the hull repair option heals twice as much (or 1.5 if it's not event crew) as otherwise.

I haven’t been rigorously tracking results but I can say it was hard to get the screenshot of the second-lowest minimum reward because I kept getting 2,250 credits and I had no accuracy boost crew to speak of. It’s something that would need to be tracked by a number of people, probably over the course of several events, to really be sure one way or the other.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Using event crew I have gotten the lowest tier chron, honor, and VP rewards. As have most other people. Just play for yourself for a couple rounds and you'll see it.

The event crew provide 2x VP after the round and low bonus or trait match crew provide 1.5x VP after the round.

That is all DB has said, and that is all players have definitively proven.

There are anecdotal claims that trait matches MAY increase the odds of getting a higher tier chon/honor drop. DB has never indicated that and no one has attempted to track results to prove it. If you would like to track your results to prove your claim, please do. But until then you just have anecdotes combined with observational bias. And it's on you to prove your statement, not us to disprove it.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got skunked hard on chrons this event, I’m at 140,000 VP or so and had 5 drops total of chronitons, all 76. I’m glad thats just me and not in general from looking over this thread, that change would vacuum the fun out of skirmishes for me. Hopefully phase 2 will bring me better boxes.
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I got skunked hard on chrons this event, I’m at 140,000 VP or so and had 5 drops total of chronitons, all 76. I’m glad thats just me and not in general from looking over this thread, that change would vacuum the fun out of skirmishes for me. Hopefully phase 2 will bring me better boxes.

Likewise, @Torias327. I am at 150,000 VP and have only had 3 chron drops so far. I actually came on to the forum to see if anyone else has been experiencing the same 'issue'! Better luck in the future skirmish battles!
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThaiGQ wrote: »
    Torias327 wrote: »

Likewise, @Torias327. I am at 150,000 VP and have only had 3 chron drops so far. I actually came on to the forum to see if anyone else has been experiencing the same 'issue'! Better luck in the future skirmish battles!

It’s always nice to have good company, but maybe not when event-changing chronitons are involved!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main account is not getting the Chron drop, but my second account is. My 2nd,started with two 300 Chron drops in the first 8 ship battles or two rounds of skirmish
  • Options
    ThaiGQ wrote: »
    I am at 150,000 VP and have only had 3 chron drops so far. I actually came on to the forum to see if anyone else has been experiencing the same 'issue'! Better luck in the future skirmish battles!
    It's totally random. Like the drops of the standard premium 10x pulls. There's a percent chance of a legendary crew drop, but nevertheless there's the possibility you can get a monsun of drops or a legendary draught. Everything is possible.

This skirmish I'm (so far) getting more chronitons drops than you, although I'm using only 750 Victory Points crew. That's normal random life.

First: there's a percent chance, which tier you get.

Second: there's a percent chance, which type of drop you get. Like chronitons, credits, honor...

Disruptor Beam is only guaranteeing, how much you get, if you have the best crew (the 1,000 Victory Points crew).

They guarantee, how many Victory Points you get, and they guarantee, that you get the 100% amount of each tier, if you have the best crew.

They do not guarantee, which tier you get, and they do not guarantee, which type of drop you get.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    First skirmish in ages that I am down in chrons. Down 3500 with well over 100k worth of intel burned. Normal skirmish I would at worst run even in chrons.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event has been awful for me in that regard, as well. Currently in the top 250, but am way below what I normally see in chroniton drops. I know from past Skirmishes that it's very streaky, though, so I'm chalking it up to just really bad RNG.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorozar wrote: »
    First skirmish in ages that I am down in chrons. Down 3500 with well over 100k worth of intel burned. Normal skirmish I would at worst run even in chrons.

I play all skirmish events, finishing in the top 500 or thereabouts and even with solid contributions from voyages I have never ended up even or better in chrons by the finish. Normally not down by much, but always down.