Home The Bridge
Options

Intel Capped At 32767 Units?

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed that I had 32767 intel and that's a suspicious number for me. I've never been above it, so I just wanted to know: Is there a limit of Intel you can get totally or does it go beyond 32767?
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    It seems like quite a few things in this game are capped at signed short max (16 bits; 2 bytes). Like the quantity of any given item in inventory.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    You can have far more Intel than that. I've had over 200k before, many have had more.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Can confirm, i usually start a skirmish with 100-140k but have had 200+ nothing special here :)
  • Options
    Intel isn t capped.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Maybe @32767k lol jj
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    32767 for all inventory items.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, thank you, then it was just an insane coincidence that my intel count was exactly 32767 ... good to know. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went shopping today for equipment, starbase components, and Galaxy event components, to the tune of about 38,000 chrons spent in total:

qjv1ovtaiakj.png

Not all of those chrons were spent on ship battles and maybe 1500 were spent before I remembered to pop a supply kit. There is utterly no way I will spend all this intel, I just really wanted a few weeks’ worth of holoemitter donations.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Just a dumb question from a newbie :/ : How does one get those mass amounts of "Intel" accumulated? Am I missing something vital here while I sit around amusing myself waiting for the clock to add enough so I can even play??? (I know ... REALLY dumb question probably)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    Just a dumb question from a newbie :/ : How does one get those mass amounts of "Intel" accumulated? Am I missing something vital here while I sit around amusing myself waiting for the clock to add enough so I can even play??? (I know ... REALLY dumb question probably)

While a skirmish event is active you can gain intel by running ship battles (either manually or through warp 1 or warp 10).
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that I had 32767 intel and that's a suspicious number for me. I've never been above it, so I just wanted to know: Is there a limit of Intel you can get totally or does it go beyond 32767?

All items in this game are capped at that since it's the maximum amount for a signed integer in coding languages. Of course why they made it a signed int instead of unsigned makes no sense (since we can't have negative amounts of something), that would effectively double the cap
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    While a skirmish event is active you can gain intel by running ship battles (either manually or through warp 1 or warp 10).

Thanks for the info! :)

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info! :)

Check this thread for places to mine Intel from Space Battles that drop stuff usually needed for Galaxy Event Crafting:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14164/since-this-week-is-a-skirmish/p1
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you! I used this opportunity to get lots of 'intel' for the next time a skirmish' rolls around and also level up a bunch of my lower crew that I had been procrastinating on. I was able to 'kill 2 birds with 1 stone' as they say! :)

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to both of you! I used this opportunity to get lots of 'intel' for the next time a skirmish' rolls around and also level up a bunch of my lower crew that I had been procrastinating on. I was able to 'kill 2 birds with 1 stone' as they say! :)
    Regolas wrote: »
    @Cuttysark intel doesn’t roll over to the next skirmish so any you get needs to be used before Monday.

This. Intel goes where the woodbine twineth at 1200 Eastern Monday.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    @Cuttysark intel doesn’t roll over to the next skirmish so any you get needs to be used before Monday.

Bummer Dude. :'(

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

All items in this game are capped at that since it's the maximum amount for a signed integer in coding languages. Of course why they made it a signed int instead of unsigned makes no sense (since we can't have negative amounts of something), that would effectively double the cap

Hmm. I seem to remember someone ending up with a negative number of a resource after dealing with Customer Service. It was during Yargate, he'd DYC'ed Polywater Yar before she got nerfed. I can't remember if it was his chrons, dilithium, or credits that ended up in the red. Unless I'm totally misremembering.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Bummer Dude. :'(

Oh, it very much isn't! :) The great thing about skirmishes is that you get back at least as much as you put. This is especially true of chronos, but the amount of honor and credits you get is quite impressive too. It took me awhile to realize this, as I was originally very stingy with running battles to collect intel. Be sure to use a Supply Kit to get the most intel, at the fewest chronos, and definitely be sure to use up all your intel over the weekend. While some people find the event type grindy, I love it because of what I get out and the ship battles are fun.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    @EnderW
    I don't think skirmishes are going to be my thing for a while. I paid my dues, danced the dance, and got my bum whooped! Badly! I will try it again someday when I at least have some max-level ships to use ... otherwise it is just tooooo painful! LOL :s

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    I usually start a Skirmish with 100K intel. It’s not capped at 32,767.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

The reason it seams familiar/odd/suspicious is because it is the max cap on trainers. Im pretty sure i have read all comments in the thread, maybe ive missed something but nobody has mentioned it is the trainer cap.

qu1z4kr8o6nl.jpeg
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason it seams familiar/odd/suspicious is because it is the max cap on trainers. Im pretty sure i have read all comments in the thread, maybe ive missed something but nobody has mentioned it is the trainer cap.

qu1z4kr8o6nl.jpeg

I don’t think anybody mentioned trainers separately because the integer limit for any and all inventory items is 32,767. Trainers, starbase components, schematics, 3* furs...anything that appears in the Inventory screen caps at 32,767. Currencies, meaning chrons, credits, intel, honor, merits, and dil, are not limited (that anyone has ever discovered).
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone would like to try and get an "uncapped" item to 2,147,483,647 we can see if it truly is uncapped or just has a higher cap.