Home Engineering Room
Options

Known issue - Overlapping Crew Skill icons. Fix?

Well, this latest Skirmish has proven to be a nightmare.
Aside from the login issues at the start, I had noticed ever-expanding sized Crew Skill icons growing across the screen.
This further spread to the Arena!
Multiple restarts and reboots failed to solve the problem, so I retired from the event and submitted a ticket as I had reached the point where I couldn't actually see which crew buttons were which and I was getting a headache trying to see what I was doing.
The following day, the problem seemed to have gone and I had a full day of Skirmish and recovered the 1000 odd places I'd fallen.
Coming back after a day off to begin phase 2 this morning, the same fault is repeating itself again!
Given that this is a KNOWN problem, when will this be fixed, DB?
Platform is a recently purchased Galaxy S9, running the latest OS etc. and this is the ONLY game installed on the phone. Never encountered this on my previous S7 either.
8ubal9xwgmku.jpg
b0viqqdwp7dw.jpg
dsc12y8gs4ml.jpg
g7y54aentul8.jpg

Then today..
17mw4sjlb0nb.jpg
0h11d1nxt3jd.jpg

I've now completely abandoned this event. Wasted a supply kit first thing, expecting a good day of Skirmish and replenishing all that honour I used last week...
Very disappointed, DB.
No more spending on the game for me now.
This is the first event I've ever given up on and it WAS my favourite event type too...

Answers

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expanding on-screen text.
    Voyages getting stuck/frozen.
    Cloaked ships getting hit 2-3 seconds after a cloak is active.

It would really be nice if some of the ongoing coding work was devoted to fixing these long-standing issues. The inventory cap (and the loss of items) was annoying, but could be managed. These 3 things cannot be managed by the players' behavior. Gameplay is completely at the mercy of rogue coding issues.
  • Options
    i have the Meepo immo, and his crystal scavenger set. The immo has a custom skill icon for poof, and the hat in the set has skill icons for poof, geomancer and divided we stand. I wanted to have the passive and ult with the set icons and the poof with the icon of the immo, is that possible?

P.S: i already tried equipping the immo before the hat

Tl;Dr: have 2 items, both have icon for the same skill but one is a back item the other is a hat, want to choose the back item's icon
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    i have the Meepo immo, and his crystal scavenger set. The immo has a custom skill icon for poof, and the hat in the set has skill icons for poof, geomancer and divided we stand. I wanted to have the passive and ult with the set icons and the poof with the icon of the immo, is that possible?

P.S: i already tried equipping the immo before the hat

Tl;Dr: have 2 items, both have icon for the same skill but one is a back item the other is a hat, want to choose the back item's icon

You on the right forum?
  • Options
    nope wrong room maybe I do not Know much trying to figure out how to Download the Latest editions of the game? Not even sure the Engineering Room is this Scotty's domain?
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    Depending on the platform (iOS or Android), do a search for Star Trek Timelines in the App Store.
    Google Play Store for Android version.. presumably Apple Store for iOS...
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    xiow31ce40ry.jpg
    Still here.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does not happen all the time, correct?
    It seems to be triggered by specific crew?
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    Personally speaking, since the addition of the "auto" and "speed up" features, I haven't had a recurrence...

Using the exact same crew and ship (bar the event crew for the bonus!) for the last couple of Skirmishes - Garth, Killy, "guest crew" and Locutus on board the Krayton, I haven't seen the big buttons...

And thanks again for checking in, Shan!
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    This does not happen all the time, correct?
    It seems to be triggered by specific crew?

I did several tests and it doesn't look like it's related to any specific crew or even ship.
    When i did the print screen i was using Krayton ship and Killy, Tarah and Victorian Pulaski.
    Today the effect is less visible with the same crew and ship. The borg cube seems to be ok with the same crew.
    This is the worst so far for today.
    28e2nxjijtdl.jpg