Home The Bridge

What Should Be April 2020's 5* Arena Schematics?

EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
Monday post-event question: What do you think April 2020's 5* Arena Schematics should be?

With January coming to a close soon, we'll soon learn what the new ships in the Arena will be for April. At present, there are five ships that have never been featured as the Admiral Division's prize: the Jem'Hadar Flagship, Enterprise A, Enterprise E, Assimilated Voyager, and the Fed Fighter. The Jem'Hadar ship is the oldest (introduced in August of 2018) and has one of the unique voyage traits (Dominion); the Fed Fighter has the other (scout) but that one is also the newest ship (introduced in June of 2019). But the other three are prized ships in their own right.

Also, to throw a wrench into the mix, DB has started to put some of the older ships into the mix for Feb (Kumari) and March (Discovery), which have been featured before. So it's a real open question what will be selected!

If the Commander and Captain Divisions are important for you, feel free to shout out your hopes too.
Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)

What Should Be April 2020's 5* Arena Schematics? 83 votes

Jem'Hadar Flagship
28%
JhamelHaBlack12345678 of 123456789PhotonKim~peregrine~[S47] ELiL[GoT] LuckyNumberHatAdmiral Lon Suder {SE}Selene 7Dirk GundersonCastell-NeathKatlaDrago MusevniVeterinary PhloxHaere LinteseregMadman1Jenos IdanianEnderWMister Flibble Bri 24 votes
Enterprise A
13%
Captain LosteXo | das411Travis S McClainMirrorMartiganGib - Admiral MarinersParker Robbinsenigma starlordShellandflameCaptain Idol(DDM) JP ComptonSven Lundgren 11 votes
Enterprise E
19%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Jim RaynorJim Steele[TLA]  84wb[KM] WOLF 359Hungry Dog DDM(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••](HGH)ApolloMatt_DeckerCapt. Pete OwenMirror CartmanLegate Damar Me [AUS]PavelHBound2FateSpocktoberfest 16 votes
Assimilated Voyager
12%
Neos472eXo | Cadet MattKaiRo[Deleted User]Odo MarmarosaDScottHewittJoeSage 2]§[ JonathanGhaziShadowPresence 10 votes
Federation Fighter
19%
Zombie Squirrel cmdrworfArachnia {BWN}mejoyhNecronjonTP:ToPetter ~SE~PrimusEmperor Borg Drone (SC)Aandraa[ISA] Big McLargeHugeMuffanJohn Luck PikkardMirrorVerse JcMonArkKarnakHemlock MartinisRiker's islan{DD} 16 votes
Older Ship (specify)
7%
WaldoMagRaraRacingSoupKitchen Riker.•°rÅTT°•.Ren~=j= JC Ravel 6 votes

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assimilated Voyager
    Picked Asslaminated Voyager. Just for some reason.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either the Jem Hadar or the Federation Fighter. Those are the two I’m at level 7 on and need the traits. The rest I need traits for I have at level 9.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jem'Hadar Flagship
    I don’t think I have finished any of these yet, so I went with the Flagship because mine is currently on a voyage.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise E
    Logically, I should support the Federation fighter, as I need its traits. But I hate that ship was a 5* legendary with stats as good as a Borg cube. That's just ridiculous. So I voted for the "E" because it's a beautiful ship and I want to use it more.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Older Ship (specify)
    From the specific options given only the Federation Fighter(2) and Jem'Hadar(5) ships bring traits that I don't already have a lvl 10 ship for ... and seeing as they are at low levels that even with an Arena month I won't get them to 10 ... I'd rather have a ship that I can get to 10 as the monthly ... so ...

- Ni'Var(8) - Vulcan trait
    - Xindi ship(8) - Xindi trait

Yeah, I know we recently had them but I'd rather finish them then waiting for pack drops to do that ... I just want to complete ships rather than having them hang at lvl 8 for aeons.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jem'Hadar Flagship
    I would like to see the Scimitar (Reman trait), the Proton ship (Hologram trait), Federation Fighter (Scout trait) or any special race ship (Xindi, Dominion, etc).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Older Ship (specify)
    Have all current ships maxed, so a new, older ship would be nice...maybe Maxwell’s USS Phoenix from TNG.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like The Scimitar to make a return. I want to finish it.
  • Older Ship (specify)
    An Enterprise D that doesn't look like a polished turd.
  • I have no dog in this fight. I get to take 3 months off the arena (except for dailies). Hopefully we get some new ships between now & then.

If I had to pick from the examples, I would probably just go with Fed Fighter, since it seems to be the one most people need schems for.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise E

I'm flying the Enterprise D right now (it fits the theme of the upcoming event), and I was just thinking that I'd forgotten how beautiful it was. To each their own, I guess.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Older Ship (specify)
    The IKS K'Tong

Most of us have this ship fully leveled mainly because it had been one of the rewards for arena for so long. New players are at a disadvantage mainly because the arena ships rewards are not repeated as often as they use too. I would suggest that the IKS K'Tong should be the arena award every fourth month. Just to give new players a chance to get that one fully leveled. It is a good ship for skirmishes and would help new players with skirmish.

• .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Older Ship (specify)

I'm flying the Enterprise D right now (it fits the theme of the upcoming event), and I was just thinking that I'd forgotten how beautiful it was. To each their own, I guess.

Its one of the worst 3D models of that ship I've ever seen. You like it? Really? Old games like Bridge Commander look better. It's embarrassing.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jem'Hadar Flagship
    Are you kidding me?! They put the Ni'Var in there for April!!!! It was prize less than a year ago (April 2019)! WHAT THE BLEEPED BLEEPING BLEEP!!!

...BLEEP!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jem'Hadar Flagship
    So...with adding the Orion Interceptor for May, it would seems DB is just repeating the Arena reward sequence from last year at this point (the Interceptor was the May Admiral ship in 2019). I'm pretty disappointed. If that pattern holds over the next few months, we can expect:

Cap Proton Ship for June
    USS Shenzhou for July
    The Scimitar for August
    Xindi Patrol Ship for Sept

Granted, two data points don't make a pattern...but...I'll check back in a month to see June.
  • EnderW wrote: »
    So...with adding the Orion Interceptor for May, it would seems DB is just repeating the Arena reward sequence from last year at this point (the Interceptor was the May Admiral ship in 2019). I'm pretty disappointed. If that pattern holds over the next few months, we can expect:

Cap Proton Ship for June
    USS Shenzhou for July
    The Scimitar for August

Granted, two data points don't make a pattern...but...I'll check back in a month to see June.

I vaguely wondered if the daily reward crew were also repeating from last year. This did happen by accident last year too, they they updated the rewards after the forum pointed this out. The rewards all seem very familiar. I, however, have zero data points to refer against.
  • Federation Fighter
    EnderW wrote: »

Cap Proton Ship for June
    USS Shenzhou for July
    The Scimitar for August

Captain Proton's ship wouldn't be bad, it's the only 5* ship with the hologram trait, so at least it will be of some use for voyages once at lv 10 (or does the hologram trait never appear in voyages? I can't remember).

The Xindi Patrol Ship wouldn't be so bad either. I have it at lv 7, so I could get it to 10. If that's the list for the next months, at least there's no Borg Cube in it :D
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jem'Hadar Flagship
    EnderW wrote: »

Cap Proton Ship for June
    USS Shenzhou for July
    The Scimitar for August

Captain Proton's ship wouldn't be bad, it's the only 5* ship with the hologram trait, so at least it will be of some use for voyages once at lv 10 (or does the hologram trait never appear in voyages? I can't remember).

The Xindi Patrol Ship wouldn't be so bad either. I have it at lv 7, so I could get it to 10. If that's the list for the next months, at least there's no Borg Cube in it :D

Cap Proton Ship is the only hologram traited ship, and it does come up. Xindi ship is similar with the Xindi trait.

But my issue is that there are still five ships that have never been in the Arena. And two of those ships have unique traits (Fed Fighter with Scout; Jem'Hadar Flagship with Dominion); those come up for voyages too. With there being no other practical way to upgrade ships, it's frustrating that those ships haven't been added to the Arena cycle.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jem'Hadar Flagship
    Just checking back in on this topic. And, as I feared back in February, they are just repeating the sequence of the Admiral Division reward from last year (ie: August's prize is the Scimitar, the same ship as August 2019). This is truly frustrating, as I am making no progress in the game right now. I can't get any of the few 4* cards I need to drop and the 5* ships I need to finish aren't dropping either. I bought that 50 packs for $50 deal and I got one drop a piece for each of the five ships that aren't done. With odds like that, why am I wasting my money?
  • Federation Fighter
    I've stopped buying packs because I have most super-rares immortal and most ships fully upgraded and I don't feel like 800 honor per pack is worth any real money. It's annoying and I'd like if they gave us a different, less frustrating way to obtain crew and ship schematics. The birthday beholds went into that direction and looked like a reason for me to keep buying at least the monthly card.

But when it comes to arena rewards, I disagree with you. While it's been boring this month because I already had the ship at lv 10, I don't think there's anything wrong with the same ship appearing twice in the rewards. It actually increases the chances of getting it to 10/10. Because it's already been a reward in the past, my Captain Proton ship will be at least at 9 and close to 10 by the end of June, so it will be useful for voyages and potentially maxed out soon.
    If the reward for June was the Federation Fighter or Jem'Hadar Flagship I would only get them to lv 7-8, so they wouldn't have much immediate use.
  • Older Ship (specify)
    I want the T'Ong!

Also, is TP actively trying to kill this game by apparently ignoring things like this? If they really want to frustrate players, they're doing a dang good job of it!
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I want the T'Ong!

Also, is TP actively trying to kill this game by apparently ignoring things like this? If they really want to frustrate players, they're doing a dang good job of it!

Yep. I agree 100%. I don’t think many of them actually play the game, or at least, they dont play it regularly with their own money.

If they were true fans of the game, there is no way the issues present would still exist. The only reason the game is still here is because they basically have the star trek market monopolized (except fc)........the shocking part is that even with a monopolized market they are still driving players away.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Enterprise E
    Jem Hadar Flagship so I can have a bonus ship for Dominion trait in voyages.
    Let’s fly!