Home Engineering Room
Options

Problem with steam version.

I can't seem to connect or enter to the game in steam. I constantly get this message. I'm online and everything, but the steam version doesn't want to connect and shows the message above.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can be many things unfortunately, including some security features from Win10 I believe.
    Some players have shared tips in the steam forums, if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Is there a solution because i wan to play.
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The one that worked for me was because of Spybot's Hosts blocker list. The specific items in the list were:
    • msftncsi.com
    • www.msftncsi.com

If those entries exist you need to remove them for both the Steam and Windows Store version to work.
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    Thank you Captain Q I removed those in the host file and it worked.
  • Options
    Thank you Captain Q I removed those in the host file and it worked.

Glad that it solved your login issue! I was troubled by that for a very long time, until the above solution was revealed to me! This was quite a while ago, so I feel bad for not remembering who to thank, and who to attribute credit to, for this!

To whomever the originator is, thank you, again! o:)
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Steam version was also stuck for minutes "On Screen", after relog it worked.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Today when I launched Star Trek Timelines in Steam it was slow and I had to wait for almost a minute after seeing the "Activating Combadge" message. I assume the current skirmish has something do it, but not sure. Anyone else notice this?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today when I launched Star Trek Timelines in Steam it was slow and I had to wait for almost a minute after seeing the "Activating Combadge" message. I assume the current skirmish has something do it, but not sure. Anyone else notice this?

Did you just update maybe?
    It could also simply due to connectivity issues on the routes between your location and our servers'.
  • Options
    That's possible, but today I get the same lag as I got during the skirmish.

It just happen when I was about to fight my last ship battle in the Arena. I picked an opponent then the "loading cursor" just spinning and nothing happen, so I exit and now I can't login into the game.
  • Options
    Update!

I just tried to login into the game and succeed, but the last ticket I had for the Arena is gone.
  • Options
    I read the updates for ST Timelines a second time and now I notice the game version is 7.4.0, which should remove the cool down for both Arena and the Cadet Challenge.

But does it? No, I still have cool down and I am playing ST Timelines on PC. Any idea what's wrong?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the updates for ST Timelines a second time and now I notice the game version is 7.4.0, which should remove the cool down for both Arena and the Cadet Challenge.

But does it? No, I still have cool down and I am playing ST Timelines on PC. Any idea what's wrong?

I'm playing on Steam on Windows 7, and the cooldowns no longer exist for me. Have you restarted the game today? Maybe close Steam as well, if you haven't done so.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"