Home Make It So!
Options

What if... galaxy map reset?

Old players don't have what to do on the galaxy map.
What if all episodes and every mission got locked monthly.
Will you guys run them every month? I pretty sure yes, because there would be a lot of more rewards, and you can even make different choices on winning factions.
Lets vote for this, because its actually easy to implement and brings more fun to the game, and a lot of work to do :smile:

Comments

• Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

There would be some reward considerations that would impact player development. For one, there is a large XP drop on first clearing a mission. After about level 50 raising your player level takes considerablely more time because there is no more huge XP reward. If they reset are you suggesting all rewards reset as well? The node awards, XP payout, and card drops at the end?

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just pointing out that it would advance player level considerably faster. I'm not sure that would be a good idea. Newer players would simply clear the game faster, get to 99 and complain about a level cap much faster than before. I'm not convinced XP should reset.

Nod resets are another thing however. I don't think it would speed advancement that much if a node reset and dropped a 4* emitter crystal again. Once a month might be to often, but then again, maybe not.

Card drops for choices. When I started typing this I was in the frame of mind that resetting that reward could alter the game. But I realized it probably wouldn't depending on how frequently the reset happened and under which conditions. For newer players if the nodes reset it would allow them to collect immortalized 4* from these faster. But, to be fair, by the time you can get them you are at a point out probably doesn't really matter.

I think this idea has merit. I think the conditions might be a little two frequent though. I would suggest resetting the galaxy on a monthly is too fast. But that only depends on the conditions and how the rewards get reset.

Perhaps a depowered Q model. A player at a certain point can choose to drop 10 levels to reset parts or the whole map.

Or perhaps a new item like the voyage refill that resets a chapter. These could be added to an event threshold or to the ranking rewards once a month.

A small chapter reset probably wouldn't alter play that much. A larger map reset might. I would think resetting the entire map should require a price. Sacrificing progress of some sort perhaps dropping levels, or sacrificing a FF/FE gold card.

A full map reset is a lot of items to suddenly be able to grind out every month. It would definitely impact how quickly players immortal their cards. I'm not saying good or bad, but there would be an impact.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding one new episode every half year would already help a lot. ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Forget captain level, I'm fine with it continuing to advance naturally. So no need to reset xp gains. But a chance to add stars to Quinn?? Yeah, sign me up for that! But I think @=j= Donatra idea makes the most sense. Adding episodes seems like a good idea with minimal effort to implement.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be in favor of creating a system where players could pay dilithium or something to reset specific chapters (for example, there are a couple of chapters I'd like to do over again as I had no idea when I made the choices I did that it was excluding me from ever having access to specific space battles) but would be very much opposed to having all the chapters reset on any schedule.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Skirmish events also help a great deal in leveling, as you can burn a lot of chronitons from the free drops during battles. Also, it doesn't always have to be a new full episode, it can also just be a distress call (like the Klingon one with space battles only).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The away team mechanic is a fun part of the game. It agruably is what the character cards are designed for (base+prof roll+trait bonus). Once nodes are clear there really is no reason not to warp, which is a shame. A monthly reset, maybe with a little honor reward for the VP nodes? Maybe a new difficuly level to reflect power creep?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resetting specific chapters would mean people knock out only the newest ones for massive prizes. I would make it an all or nothing deal. (Also, I would have it not reset experience, if it could be programmed that way.)

I would also make it a choice since there are some massive negatives as well as the massive prizes.

Remember that once reset, you would lose all your warp and warp 10 ability for a time. That could kill a player before an event. Also, going through the map takes a long time and a lot of chronitons. Yes, some players could do it quickly, but anyone doing it with a mind to double rewards (especially while trying to keep doubling cadet missions and chroniton boosts) will take a loooong time. Third, while doing all the missions again, you may find key cards have been frozen, necessitating some annoying crew management.

In short, this idea has value, but it would not be as easy to get more rewards as one might think.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that once reset, you would lose all your warp and warp 10 ability for a time. That could kill a player before an event. Also, going through the map takes a long time and a lot of chronitons. Yes, some players could do it quickly, but anyone doing it with a mind to double rewards (especially while trying to keep doubling cadet missions and chroniton boosts) will take a loooong time. Third, while doing all the missions again, you may find key cards have been frozen, necessitating some annoying crew management.

Plus one to all of this.
  • Options
    Resetting specific chapters would mean people knock out only the newest ones for massive prizes. I would make it an all or nothing deal. (Also, I would have it not reset experience, if it could be programmed that way.)

I would also make it a choice since there are some massive negatives as well as the massive prizes.

In short, this idea has value, but it would not be as easy to get more rewards as one might think.

Good point, and maybe its not really ok to make it reset montly by default.
    And good point to exclude the exp from this equation.
    Still i think is a good thing to make it optional to reset by dilithium maybe...?
    And maybe replace exp with honor? To be more appealing to reset?
    I would prefer to not participate in 1-2 events, and grind some honor from a full map reset and add 1 star to a legendary...
    It give us more versatility i think.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Having to redo the missions every month would be AWFUL!!! Absolutely horrible. Like game quitting bad. If I had to redo every mission every month to ensure I could get the items I need to level and for galaxies I would stop playing due to the tedium and also because I would have no resources left and prolly not enough to begin with to do that

This!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to redo the missions every month would be AWFUL!!! Absolutely horrible. Like game quitting bad. If I had to redo every mission every month to ensure I could get the items I need to level and for galaxies I would stop playing due to the tedium and also because I would have no resources left and prolly not enough to begin with to do that

This!

It might be interesting to give players the option to reset any episodes, though. I think for the chance to get the one-time rare rewards again, a lot of folks would choose to do so, but anyone who didn't want to, could just leave them completed. Perhaps make it cost a little to reset them, however — something like spending 10,000 - 20,000 Honor, for instance (depending on the difficulty of the episode in question).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

This!

It might be interesting to give players the option to reset any episodes, though. I think for the chance to get the one-time rare rewards again, a lot of folks would choose to do so, but anyone who didn't want to, could just leave them completed. Perhaps make it cost a little to reset them, however — something like spending 10,000 - 20,000 Honor, for instance (depending on the difficulty of the episode in question).

no offence but i don't see anyone to spend honor for anything else except citations or maybe begolds
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aandraa wrote: »

This!

no offence but i don't see anyone to spend honor for anything else except citations or maybe begolds

Well, for 3 more Quinns and other golds to come I would, but at the same time I would hate to do the map again.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aandraa wrote: »

This!

Well, for 3 more Quinns and other golds to come I would, but at the same time I would hate to do the map again.

Good point there, plus there’s the hope that DB will use the same mechanic to distribute other 5* crew in future episodes. Set the price high enough that it’s not something done lightly but lower than the price of a 5* citation so there is a motive to go through the reset process. And really, it’s not something that newer players are going to want to do, never mind be able to do...this is a veteran-specific idea to help extend the “endgame” portion of the game.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with others here that this could be a good idea if it's an option -- players could spend dilithium or some other currency to reset the map. Maybe even escalating cost for each time you want to do it. 1000 dil the first time, 2000 dil the second time, etc.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends