Home The Bridge

Today's LTO

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
What does everyone think? $18.99 CAD for one 5* citation, 5 4* citations and 750 DIL. Definitely one I've never seen before and I can't decide how into it I am..... Everyone else please tell me if I'm into it or not

Comments

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Dec. 28th this was 25 USD. So not shabby. I bought one pack back then though and still have all 5 purple cites, so I will not buy it this time despite the lower price.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    $15. What do I think? I think I bought it twice

Is that what I think too though?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    $15. What do I think? I think I bought it twice

Is that what I think too though?

Yes?
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Yes it is
  • According to the 4th year celebration announcement, shouldn't we be getting an additional legendary citation as well. Shan's post says until Jan 30th. So shouldn't we be getting 2 legendary citations with each purchase?

This was the bullet point:
    - Last but not least, all limited-time offers will include 1x 5* citation on top of their regular content, and this until Thursday, January 30. Don’t miss out.

Jason KSS wrote: »
    According to the 4th year celebration announcement, shouldn't we be getting an additional legendary citation as well. Shan's post says until Jan 30th. So shouldn't we be getting 2 legendary citations with each purchase?

- Last but not least, all limited-time offers will include 1x 5* citation on top of their regular content, and this until Thursday, January 30. Don’t miss out.

To be honest I was thinking the same thing

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason KSS wrote: »
    According to the 4th year celebration announcement, shouldn't we be getting an additional legendary citation as well. Shan's post says until Jan 30th. So shouldn't we be getting 2 legendary citations with each purchase?

Hmm, very true.... @Shan ?
  • This also crossed my mind. The offer wasn’t presented as 750 dil and 4 x 4 star citations for the price ,with the 5 star citation as a bonus. It was presented as a full package.
    PurplMonki wrote: »
    This also crossed my mind. The offer wasn’t presented as 750 dil and 4 x 4 star citations for the price ,with the 5 star citation as a bonus. It was presented as a full package.

Correct. It did not have that little swoosh on the bottom saying +1 Legendary Citation

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this offer runs again in March when I have a little more disposable income. 🙏
    Farewell 🖖
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Guys it shows in the text legendary citation included.

Edit: not sure if the graphic was there originally or not. But the text always said legendary citation included.
    Current screenshot
    da145i81zky1.png

I failed to notice the dil. included when I first saw the post at 12pm eastern

This is going to be hard to pass up for both my accounts. I probably buy it twice on both.

Oh I see. You are thinking another legendary citation. But, let's be honest, people would buy this without the legendary citation. The inclusion of it is the bonus one.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Guys it shows in the text legendary citation included

If you read through everything that they were all saying, all other LTO's said "Bonus citation included" this one's text indicates the citation is actually part of the offer itself and not the bonus citation and since we're still before the 30th, they're saying this offer should include the 'bonus' one as well
    Yateball wrote: »
    Guys it shows in the text legendary citation included

If you read through everything that they were all saying, all other LTO's said "Bonus citation included" this one's text indicates the citation is actually part of the offer itself and not the bonus citation and since we're still before the 30th, they're saying this offer should include the 'bonus' one as well

Totally agree with you. The wording is such that it’s part of the deal, not the bonus

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally this offer is $24.99 for just 5 SR citations am I right? No dil.?

You are right

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

You are right
    Thanks for confirmation.

When I first saw the offer. I figured they reduced the price and included the legendary citation. I missed that it also had 750 dil.

I value a legendary citation at $9.99. I really do not value SR citations. So I was not thinking about buying it. Then I saw the dil. and value dil. at a $1 = 100 dil. Then I decide what total value I get for my money. For $14.99 I am getting what I consider $17.49. Now I look at those Sr citations and say that pushes the offer over the top.

Edit: I did realize what you all are questioning. That, the offer is a package, and therefore, you are thinking it should include another legendary citation. But, I believe that the legendary citation in the package is the one. But, if anybody buys the package thinking it would have another one, so two legendary citations, they could always contact CS.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    2aozh91d5ot2.png

DB has been showing that legendary citation +1 swoop on the offers that get it.
    I really think the confusion comes from above screenshot.

The problem for me it says regular. Regular seems to mean offers that regularly came up in the past. But, again if you buy expecting it. You can contact CS.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Setting aside the legendary citation question, it’s about $10 in dilithium and citations previously offered at $25 for only $15. That’s pretty nice by itself.

Given this price point, my guess is that this is an art fail rather than an offer design fail - two 5* citations plus all the rest makes more sense as a holiday special than a normal offer.

Edit: I couldn’t help but use this to get all of my unleveled 4* crew FF (except Indignant Seven...still not sure if I want to immortalize her and hope I can get her again later for Cheesecake purposes or wait until the next time the Mobile Doc shows up in a behold) and get Mycelial Culber to 3/5*.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure if this included a bonus free gold citation or not. Was a bit worried about getting jumped on for asking about it, but having re-read the honor sale message I really think it should.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the standard pricing on these things in STT, this a great deal as is. I don't think we should complain that it should have another legendary citation.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Given the standard pricing on these things in STT, this a great deal as is. I don't think we should complain that it should have another legendary citation.

It isn’t a matter of debating whether the deal is good or not. It is whether the company’s advertising is true or not. Do we, or do we not, get a free legendary citation with a purchase of every LTO?

It wasn’t me that came up with that offer, it was the company. Now the question is whether the company is going to honor that or not.

It isn’t a matter of debating whether the deal is good or not. It is whether the company’s advertising is true or not. Do we, or do we not, get a free legendary citation with a purchase of every LTO?

It wasn’t me that came up with that offer, it was the company. Now the question is whether the company is going to honor that or not.

Very well spoken. Yes it is a good deal but the issue is it falling within the Convergence Day timeframe therefor it should follow the Convergence Day parameters

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I assume by the tone of the posts here that it only does give One legendary citation?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    I assume by the tone of the posts here that it only does give One legendary citation?

You only get the 1x gold citation in total that forms part of the offer you buy, theres no extra free gold citation.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

You only get the 1x gold citation in total that forms part of the offer you buy, theres no extra free gold citation.

thanks. I was tempted for 2.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    In terms of what its worth, I value it based on where else this is 'saving' me money/resources.

Primarily I use the Purp cites for non galaxy events which doesnt drop the community 4th star on the threshold crew. For those, I would normally wait till the 2nd day of the event and buy the 9.99 pack with 1 threshold crew and 2 packs. With the Purp cites, I can effectively save myself that 9.99 or the dil which I would need to use to pull packs for the last star.

So for me this LTO is real value especially with the additional 5* cite and dil + additional dil from VIP spending bonus.

Having said that, I only took one LTO. I already had 8 purp cites so this was just a top up.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    In terms of what its worth, I value it based on where else this is 'saving' me money/resources.

Primarily I use the Purp cites for non galaxy events which doesnt drop the community 4th star on the threshold crew. For those, I would normally wait till the 2nd day of the event and buy the 9.99 pack with 1 threshold crew and 2 packs. With the Purp cites, I can effectively save myself that 9.99 or the dil which I would need to use to pull packs for the last star.

So for me this LTO is real value especially with the additional 5* cite and dil + additional dil from VIP spending bonus.

Having said that, I only took one LTO. I already had 8 purp cites so this was just a top up.

Darn... I wish I had thought of it that way. I missed the opportunity.
    Farewell 🖖