Home The Bridge
Options

A Simple solution for crew space

Haven't been paying as long as most of you (just a few months) I have a simple idea for crew space

Remove the need to FF/ FE (Fully Fused, Fully Equip) before sending crew to the Cryo Chamber, (leave the costs to remove as they are now, and only allow levelling, equipping of crew on the active roster)

You can then collect the crew as you want, no need to airlock anyone (unless a duplicate).

Will DB lose a few pennies on crew space sales ? perhaps, But I think perhaps they will make it back (and more) with extra pack sales. (Personally I don't buy pack anymore due to lack of space, and I'm not really interested in the expensive crew slot price)

I'm sure someone else has brought this idea up before, just thought I'd mention it

Have a nice weekend everyone LLAP

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is you aren't actually saving DB anything with that approach. They still need to keep track of the level and equipment state of the character. Now, that shouldn't be a big deal, but apparently it is.

Something you'll find as you grow your crew is that leveling a single crew member gets easier and easier as time goes on. It's the fusing part that gets you. Being able to Chryo partial fusions (but still FE) is a much more reasonable middle ground and solves the "1/5 problem" many people run into.
  • Options
    If we could vault any FE character, the game would change dramatically for me, as 5* characters would suddenly be worth acquiring again. However, I assure you the issue isn't a technical one. Storing a handful of extra numbers, even for half a million accounts, wouldn't be difficult or costly. They just make too much money from having people buy crew slots. If this were not the case, they would definitely have already made the change.

GoTLogo.jpg
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Chief Intelligence Officer
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worry that even if they could do it technically and were willing to fix the issue with one of your suggestions, that a large number of people who already paid for extra slots would be upset. Dunno.
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »
    I worry that even if they could do it technically and were willing to fix the issue with one of your suggestions, that a large number of people who already paid for extra slots would be upset. Dunno.

I like the suggestion. Buying the extra slots would still be a good thing. I have 170 slots which holds a good amount of crew for cadet missions, voyages, gauntlet, and shuttles. I also have a lot of 1/5, 1/4, 2/4, and 3/4 in the mix, 98% FE. Some 2/4 & 3/4 are powerful enough to use not being FF, but most are still low stats. I'd hate to be stuck at 60 slots and try to manipulate stuff in and out of cryo. Cryo for me would mainly be useless crew (1* or low stat 4*), and FE not FF crew waiting on fusions. I'm always short on Merits and hate spending to remove from airlock, but would to fuse a crew.
  • Options
    As someone who has paid for slots, I assure this isn't the case. There are lots of ways they could go to mitigate the slot problem, from your suggestion to making it possible to warp through cadet missions. The issue is that they don't seem to recognize that people would spend more on cards if there weren't several limiting factors to how many cards you can effectively keep.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    The issue is that they don't seem to recognize that people would spend more on cards if there weren't several limiting factors to how many cards you can effectively keep.

But they want you to spend on the ability to hold the cards too. Double edged sword ;)
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Scoustar wrote: »
    The issue is that they don't seem to recognize that people would spend more on cards if there weren't several limiting factors to how many cards you can effectively keep.

But they want you to spend on the ability to hold the cards too. Double edged sword ;)

Not really. Limited thinking on DB’s part. They opt for a one time dil cost for slots forgoing the repeated pack purchases. Go figure.
  • Options
    Not really. Limited thinking on DB’s part. They opt for a one time dil cost for slots forgoing the repeated pack purchases. Go figure.

I don't think anyone ever accused DB of anything other than being extremely limited in the thinking department :lol:
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    I think DB should allow us to freeze FE crews. Most players are stuck with them....

• Options
    I think just removing the FF from the FF/FE to freeze would make a huge difference but also still require continued crew space as people will still have to level to 100 and FE them. I have 215 crew slots but waiting on 11 level 100's that are FE for more stars. Being able to store some 100's away so I can work on other 4-star and 5-star crew would be really nice. At the moment I am unable to spend the money for more crew slots since their price is set so high for just 5 additional slots. I really limit what I spend on packs and even voyages because of the space issue.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think just removing the FF from the FF/FE to freeze would make a huge difference but also still require continued crew space as people will still have to level to 100 and FE them. I have 215 crew slots but waiting on 11 level 100's that are FE for more stars. Being able to store some 100's away so I can work on other 4-star and 5-star crew would be really nice. At the moment I am unable to spend the money for more crew slots since their price is set so high for just 5 additional slots. I really limit what I spend on packs and even voyages because of the space issue.

when i was hurting for slots, I'd buy no packs for a month and all my monthly card dil went to slots.
  • Options
    Thankfully with the addition of Voyage's I've been able to cryo 2-3 backlogged a week to keep up with new crew. Legendary crew haven't been an issue also using this method. This is starting to take it's toll on enjoyment as that's about all I'm doing is collecting crew for an ice box. Have a chunk of 4 stars in there that never saw any action. Hopefully some of you can relate.

I currently have 190 crew slots so nowhere near a lot of folks I've played with. This however seems to be a comfortable number of slots to live in the state of crew Level/Immortalize/Cryo purgatory I've chosen.
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Options
    I'm at 147/160 slots and i avoid buying packs so keep enough of a buffer so I don't have to send any Super-Rares to the airlock(except formal dress wesley who went to explore the cold vastness of space the instant the event was over). I only keep a minimum of cadets(except the 11 rares I have left to imortalize) so the bulk of my crew quarters are filled with 1/5 &1/4s languishing at level 1 till i can get around to them. I'd like to save for legendary citations but they cost alot compared to the super-rares so id rather vault those first. FE and freezing them would give me more room to be able to buy packs again...but DB doesnt seem to want ny money...
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    Crazy Leo wrote: »
    I'm at 147/160 slots and i avoid buying packs so keep enough of a buffer so I don't have to send any Super-Rares to the airlock(except formal dress wesley who went to explore the cold vastness of space the instant the event was over). I only keep a minimum of cadets(except the 11 rares I have left to imortalize) so the bulk of my crew quarters are filled with 1/5 &1/4s languishing at level 1 till i can get around to them. I'd like to save for legendary citations but they cost alot compared to the super-rares so id rather vault those first. FE and freezing them would give me more room to be able to buy packs again...but DB doesnt seem to want ny money...

Leo, Im with you on this one. I have many unleveled 1/4 and 2/4 crew laying around. I also like to keep around 150/160 as well. Just leveled a bunch of 1/5 crew and now have another 5 sitting around at lvl 1 that will be there for a while
  • Options
    Educated_BeastEducated_Beast ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    If we could vault any FE character, the game would change dramatically for me, as 5* characters would suddenly be worth acquiring again. However, I assure you the issue isn't a technical one. Storing a handful of extra numbers, even for half a million accounts, wouldn't be difficult or costly. They just make too much money from having people buy crew slots. If this were not the case, they would definitely have already made the change.

GoTLogo.jpg

Except we have voyages now. What I mean is, having extra crew slots is advantageous. Even if I could freeze everyone, I'd still buy the basic crew slot purchases.

I'll never buy the expensive ones. Not even if I won the lottery. It has to be a good value for me to buy. Very few things in this game qualify as good value.

I get it, it's star trek. But so what. There are tons of creative games out there. Why do we have to pay so much for so little.

An easy band aid solution that is win-win for DB is to make cadet challenges warpable. Even some of these VIP 0 guys may go buy a monthly card to be able to warp cadet tickets and save 12-15 crew slots.

Players win, company wins. <snip> Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan

• Options
    That's how I wanted them to do it from the beginning before the vault was even announced. It was called "shore leave" instead of a vault. Of course DB took the idea and found every way possible to make it miserable for the customer.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even some of these VIP 0 guys may go buy a monthly card to be able to warp cadet tickets and save 12-15 crew slots.
    We actually have Warp 1 now.
  • Options
    To the warping cadet tickets thing, I just want the ability honestly. Tired of going through those missions just to get an item. Give me a warp 6 tickets and let me move on my way instead of tapping my way through these mission when you know damn well that I just want a freaking holoprogram.

The benefit of saving 12-15 crew slots will only last a week in this game. After that, the slots will be full again. And you'll be right back here complaining about the same problem.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »
    Even some of these VIP 0 guys may go buy a monthly card to be able to warp cadet tickets and save 12-15 crew slots.
    We actually have Warp 1 now.

Good point, I had forgot about that. Why are the VIP 0 guys being catered to instead of paying customers? I do agree that having a strong FTP crowd is good for game (because if game good, most will eventually become customers), but we really need to be able to skip the repetition.

There is enough content in the game without forcing players to "play". No one's reading it hundreds of times!

It's at best an oversight by DB, at worst, a greedy power play to try to force purchases. Which don't work on me because I have to see value to buy but whatever.

I'd rather my cadets in freezer than 12 4* cards I paid for (one way or the other).