Home The Bridge
Options

Three Years of Dabo

As I have for the past two years, I have a report on the Dabo Wheel's results over the course of 3 years.

These results are all under the same table format (nothing from those few days last year when they changed it accidentally) and these are the for-credits spin (first spin, so no biasing based on previous wins that day).

And with that, the results:

Row 1: 000 000 --- -- 001 001
Row 2: 010 076 080 074 120
Row 3: 153 135 157 133 155

That puts Row 1, at 0.18%, Row 2 at 32.88%, and Row 3 at 66.94%
So, basically from the bottom up it's 2/3, 1/3, and <laugh>

Comments

• Options
    YUP, that pretty much sums it up there. :wink:
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Dabo smells.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    The wiki has a (player collected) chance table: https://stt.wiki/wiki/Time_Portal#Dabo_Wheel
    64% bottom, 35% middle, 1% top.

Although I gotta admit I have been lucky with my one year old vip0 account where I got 2 purples from dabo.
  • Options
    Been playing since a few months after games launch... Only gotten one thing from the top row and it was a 4 (maybe 5, it was 2 years ago) star tos phaser rifle that was utterly useless.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wiki has a (player collected) chance table: https://stt.wiki/wiki/Time_Portal#Dabo_Wheel
    64% bottom, 35% middle, 1% top.

Although I gotta admit I have been lucky with my one year old vip0 account where I got 2 purples from dabo.

I believe dabo is wrong and that top row has far less chance than 1%.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I hit the top row only once - a few weeks after i started playing. Got Geordi La Borg.
    Since then i never had a hit on the top row again. Considering that i did two spins most of the days i think that the one percent chance is not quite believable. Roughly 2,5 years of playing with two spins most of the time makes some 1500 spins - and ONE hit on the top row - a good one, but still. Just ONE
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget"Polling Bias". We often see polls, which have a limited sampling size, incorrectly predict outcomes.

There is also the probability that someone might be more likely to post to the Wiki if they hit the top row, than if they always get a rock.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    I have never hit anything on the top row and been playing cumulatively for 1 year. Dabo is a waste except for the 450 schematics
  • Options
    PavelH wrote: »
    I have never hit anything on the top row and been playing cumulatively for 1 year. Dabo is a waste except for the 450 schematics

I've been playing even longer. Same thing. Useful Schemes occasionally. Maybe three or four times something useful for someone I have who actually needs it. Never top row......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I wouldn't say it's useless but that it's dated. It's from an era during which DB was scared of giving away anything. Since the addition of voyages, campaigns and event thresholds improvements though, it does feel worthless. A super rare is in no way a big deal these days and hitting it shouldn't feel like you won the lottery, that being said, I never see people asking for an update of the dabo or login rewards so DB isn't going to do it.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Ren~ wrote: »

I wouldn't say it's useless but that it's dated. It's from an era during which DB was scared of giving away anything. Since the addition of voyages, campaigns and event thresholds improvements though, it does feel worthless. A super rare is in no way a big deal these days and hitting it shouldn't feel like you won the lottery, that being said, I never see people asking for an update of the dabo or login rewards so DB isn't going to do it.

That last point deserves a Poll.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15477/should-the-dabo-wheel-rewards-be-updated#latest
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Every day 3 years, generally 2 spins. I've hit the top row 3 times. 2 golds, and one purp (last week)
    16o0yfbtwbht.jpg

Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Here's a tip, if you start to use the App.

Do your Credit Spin, and then do the Ad Warp for a free Spin. The "free" Spin consumes your Credit Spin, if you do it first!!!!!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've hit the top row a few times in my more than three years of spinning once or twice a day, but never have I hit the jackpot legendary crew.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I've hit the top row a few times in my more than three years of spinning once or twice a day, but never have I hit the jackpot legendary crew.

I can't remember ever even hitting the Gear on top row. If I did once, it obviously was not impressive. Like, it wasn't "Oh look. {Insert name of gear} Immortalized {Insert name of Crew} and completed a Tier in {Insert name of Collection}."