Home The Bridge
Options

Should the Dabo Wheel Rewards be Updated?!?!?

Idea inspired by a comment by Ren
Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Should the Dabo Wheel Rewards be Updated?!?!? 77 votes

Yes, it's hard to get useful stuff from it.
84%
SSR BarkleySabine of Athens[NDQ] Joker41NAMData1001Zombie Squirrel RocpilePaNad HalJim RaynoreXo | SilverRose (retired)Vaelerys TargaryenNS111111Commander Sinclair[KM] WOLF 359[SSR]Trollhammeren(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]ThaiGQJean-Luc KenobiBeratis Kesla Redjac[S47] ELiL 65 votes
No, I'm happy with the Rewards now.
7%
Admiral Lon Suder {SE}Dirk GundersonSynthetic CommanderProontJoeSage 2guest_688142280495107 6 votes
Yes, but get rid of the Arena & Cadet Timers first!!!!!
7%
Captain TFV.Hungry Dog DDMEmperor Borg Drone (SC)SkittishSlothSharpe 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I'd like it if maybe when you have no open slots for equipable items, that DB put in a generic item like 3 star science lessons, or 2 star stethoscopes, or 1 star coffee, and stop putting in unique items for crew I've already finished. Now if you NEED a unique item for a card then by all means, however it really erks me when I keep getting unique items that I am now airlocking, which could instead be useful items for cards down the road. Also a revamp of the odds would be nice. DB said they increased the odds of getting gauntlet gold's (I'd say, in Q's words "the jury is still out on that" by what I've read from forum goers, but in my view it has gotten better) so they should do that here, at the very least for the purple slots. Maybe make it so on the 10th spin (not dependant on doing 10 spins in one day but 1 spin a day for 10 days, and it has to be a consecutive 10 days or else your progress\energy bar starts at 0 again, or something similar) nets you a purple, guaranteed.

That is an awesome suggestion 👍🖖 👍🖖 👍
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should DB give away more free stuff? Yes or no.

Highly scientific poll that I'm sure DB will consider when making game design decisions.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m surprised that I am the only no vote so far...Dabo rewards range between worthless and worse than worthless for veteran players but those schematics that we have 20,000 of are going to be critical to a newer player still looking to get their first 5* ship. Same goes for the items.

I’m happy to spend 5,000 credits a day (1,825,000 a year, less than what I can rack up in a single Skirmish with a supply kit) for the almost-zero chance of getting a useful 4*/5* crew.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Should DB give away more free stuff? Yes or no.

Highly scientific poll that I'm sure DB will consider when making game design decisions.

Our DB survey says...
    eitjctku5jr4.gif

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I’m surprised that I am the only no vote so far...Dabo rewards range between worthless and worse than worthless for veteran players but those schematics that we have 20,000 of are going to be critical to a newer player still looking to get their first 5* ship. Same goes for the items.

I’m happy to spend 5,000 credits a day (1,825,000 a year, less than what I can rack up in a single Skirmish with a supply kit) for the almost-zero chance of getting a useful 4*/5* crew.

I've been playing for over three years. I still have Legendary ships that get advanced from Dabo Drops. There is useful stuff there. But, there are also a lot of rocks.......

Example: Last week I got the two 🌟 Away Team Neelix on a Voyage. He went for a low-gravity walk when the Voyage returned, along with everyone else. Three Dabo Wheels later, guess whose Crew-Specific two 🌟 uniform I got for my Credit Spin? So, I guess what I'm curious about is exactly when the Dabo Wheel looks at what I specifically need. Three days ahead? Maybe "tweak" the algorithm, so stuff that far out of date does not show up, I guess.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe make it so on the 10th spin (not dependant on doing 10 spins in one day but 1 spin a day for 10 days, and it has to be a consecutive 10 days or else your progress\energy bar starts at 0 again, or something similar) nets you a purple, guaranteed.

Indeed this is a great point to start from. I would even suggest that claimed slots should remain claimed with three random slots becoming unclaimed per day (with the content still changing daily). So if you claim let's say 4 per day on the next day one slot would remain claimed and so on. So with 40 dil + 5000 credits + ads watching one could reach the legendary guaranteed after a month which is still not especially cheap but might be an incentive to spend 1200 dil and 150000 credits per month on Dabo. Plus it would reward daily engagement.

Winning the legendary should instantly reset the entire Dabo reward table in this scenario.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Maybe make it so on the 10th spin (not dependant on doing 10 spins in one day but 1 spin a day for 10 days, and it has to be a consecutive 10 days or else your progress\energy bar starts at 0 again, or something similar) nets you a purple, guaranteed.

Indeed this is a great point to start from. I would even suggest that claimed slots should remain claimed with three random slots becoming unclaimed per day (with the content still changing daily). So if you claim let's say 4 per day on the next day one slot would remain claimed and so on. So with 40 dil + 5000 credits + ads watching one could reach the legendary guaranteed after a month which is still not especially cheap but might be an incentive to spend 1200 dil and 150000 credits per month on Dabo. Plus it would reward daily engagement.

Winning the legendary should instantly reset the entire Dabo reward table in this scenario.

Like that suggestion, as well.

🖖👍🖖👍🖖
  • Options
    Sigh, I keep trying to explain this and people either miss the point or don't like the explanation. Dabo was set up to aid newer players building their crew who have great difficulty getting their crew leveled to 100. Dabo is designed to primarily give you rewards to aid in levelling crew from ~1-50, with very rare rewards above that. This is further shown by the available ship schematics, which are very common unneeded ones for veteran players but are immensely useful to newer players.

If you had a bunch of lvl 1-50 crew you'd be getting a LOT more useful equipment drops from Dabo (for your actual crew who need them). It's not intended as an equipment pool for veterans. Our only potential benefit is the extremely low drop rate for a legend (or guaranteed one if you are willing to invest the hefty DIL cost).

If you change it to drop more generic equipment for levelling crew or galaxy events, or more reliably target higher level crew's expensive purple/gold equipment, it changes the fundamental purpose of the tool which is to help newer players. I know it's nice to get more sources for free stuff, but frankly we don't need it as much as a newer player benefits.
  • Options
    Sigh, I keep trying to explain this and people either miss the point or don't like the explanation. Dabo was set up to aid newer players building their crew who have great difficulty getting their crew leveled to 100. Dabo is designed to primarily give you rewards to aid in levelling crew from ~1-50, with very rare rewards above that. This is further shown by the available ship schematics, which are very common unneeded ones for veteran players but are immensely useful to newer players.

If you had a bunch of lvl 1-50 crew you'd be getting a LOT more useful equipment drops from Dabo (for your actual crew who need them). It's not intended as an equipment pool for veterans. Our only potential benefit is the extremely low drop rate for a legend (or guaranteed one if you are willing to invest the hefty DIL cost).

If you change it to drop more generic equipment for levelling crew or galaxy events, or more reliably target higher level crew's expensive purple/gold equipment, it changes the fundamental purpose of the tool which is to help newer players. I know it's nice to get more sources for free stuff, but frankly we don't need it as much as a newer player benefits.

All of that is very well said, and sums up the intent of the Wheel nicely. Makes sense. Something I did not even know. The idea it is for newer players to get started.

On the Legendary, several people made a good point in a thread I cannot find. I forgot the title of the thread. When there is a half-price sale going on, you can clear the Wheel for less than 6,000 Dilithium. If the Legendary is a specific one you really want or need, this is less than half of what one costs in the Fraction Centers, for just the Legendary. Anything else you can use is just icing on the 🍰.......
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I hardly ever get literally useless stuff from Dabo as I have plenty of crew at any level. Still I quit to spend even 10 dil per day on it as the most likely zero star outfit is not worth it, and the same is true for newer players. The schematics are the only thing that makes it somewhat worthwhile for them. Even for new players Dabo is not really attractive with the schematics pool in Dabo being so diluted and the chance of getting them not being expecially high though.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    No, the reward tiers are fine though the percentages are very discouraging. I would love if they would clean up the algorithm that selects what's on the wheel. Example: I have 15 5* ships that need to be completed, but on average I see those on 2 spaces a week, whereas all the ones I have completed show up 12 times a week on average.
  • Options

I hardly ever get literally useless stuff from Dabo as I have plenty of crew at any level. Still I quit to spend even 10 dil per day on it as the most likely zero star outfit is not worth it, and the same is true for newer players. The schematics are the only thing that makes it somewhat worthwhile for them. Even for new players Dabo is not really attractive with the schematics pool in Dabo being so diluted and the chance of getting them not being expecially high though.

I disagree. If I'm in no rush to level legendary crew, I'll leave them at lvl 80-100 with chron expensive components incomplete on purpose and just "unheart" them until dabo/campaign drops stuff for them. Even for useful crew with a slot that gives no stat benefit and only a ship bonus, I'll never complete those lvl 100 equipment unless I use that crew in skirmish/arena. If I have 2-3+ legends in this status, I'll get campaign and occasional dabo drops for them.

If you've got a pile of lvl 1-50 crew and never get dabo drops for them, I wonder if you've got them properly set up. The crew needs to be fully levelled PAST the required level for the equipment to drop. IE, if you have a lvl 40 crew but want a lvl 46 equipment to drop, it will never drop. You have to level the crew to 50 first (at least level 46, or past it) in order for level 46 equipment to drop.

When I was a newer player with a spread of 30-50 crew under construction, I used to get useful dabo drops all the time. This might not have been an optimal way to build crew, but at the time replicators did not exist and it took me quite a while just to be able to reach top tier of cadet missions, so levelling crew to 100 was impossible as the missions required for the components were not even possible for me to complete.
  • Options
    Yes, but get rid of the Arena & Cadet Timers first!!!!!
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Yes. Put in the latest ship schematics

This ^
  • Options
    Alongside, they should lower the dabo costs by 50% permanently. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Or at least fix that problem where an Ad Warp uses up your Credit Spin for a "free" Spin......

🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

If you've got a pile of lvl 1-50 crew and never get dabo drops for them, I wonder if you've got them properly set up. The crew needs to be fully levelled PAST the required level for the equipment to drop. IE, if you have a lvl 40 crew but want a lvl 46 equipment to drop, it will never drop. You have to level the crew to 50 first (at least level 46, or past it) in order for level 46 equipment to drop.

I meant that I usually get usable stuff from Dabo unless I airlocked crew and get something specifically for them. But what I get is hardly ever worth 10 or more dil so I do not spend any.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or at least fix that problem where an Ad Warp uses up your Credit Spin for a "free" Spin......

🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️

I was thinking don’t let the ad refresh use up your ad spin

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️

I was thinking don’t let the ad refresh use up your ad spin

Took me almost a week to notice. So, now I spread the word!!!!!
  • Options
    Even when I was a new player I did not like the dabo drops much. It took way too long, IMO, to get the basic 5* ships FF (let alone the 4* ships).

A while back the was a "bug"(?) in dabo were the top row was all crew, the middle row was all ships, and the bottom row was items (or something like that). I thought DB had updated dabo on purpose and I was all for it. This is what I want (currently) and would have wanted (when I first started).
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update the odds of the top row, they stink.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    In the 3ish years I've been playing, I've got 1 item, 1 4* and 1 5*. Not good odds.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Even when I was a new player I did not like the dabo drops much. It took way too long, IMO, to get the basic 5* ships FF (let alone the 4* ships).

A while back the was a "bug"(?) in dabo were the top row was all crew, the middle row was all ships, and the bottom row was items (or something like that). I thought DB had updated dabo on purpose and I was all for it. This is what I want (currently) and would have wanted (when I first started).

That's why I'm opposed to adding more ship schematics, I got mine to lvl 10 right before the addition of new ships but now with all the dilution it's incredibly long. Lvl 10 ships are important for skirmishes and one year to be competitive is awful.

I'd rather see more meaningful additions such as the bottom row dropping some faction items without being forced to leave open slots and slightly better odds of getting purple crew, because purple crew is nice but we're already getting so many from voyages that getting an extra one once in a while shouldn't make much of a difference.

All I want is the 5000 credits and 10-50 dil spins to feel good instead of pointless and it wouldn't take much to get there.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Ren~ wrote: »

That's why I'm opposed to adding more ship schematics, I got mine to lvl 10 right before the addition of new ships but now with all the dilution it's incredibly long. Lvl 10 ships are important for skirmishes and one year to be competitive is awful.

I'd rather see more meaningful additions such as the bottom row dropping some faction items without being forced to leave open slots and slightly better odds of getting purple crew, because purple crew is nice but we're already getting so many from voyages that getting an extra one once in a while shouldn't make much of a difference.

All I want is the 5000 credits and 10-50 dil spins to feel good instead of pointless and it wouldn't take much to get there.

I agree with @Ren~ . It’s gotten to the point for me, though, where I sometimes just skip the Dabo wheel entirely. After never hitting the top row in 3+ years’ worth of 1-3 spins per day, my head hurts from banging it against that particular brick wall. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

Great build on my original idea!
  • Options
    It would be nice if it whee at the reduced spin costs. I also think that the algorithms should be better. As many of the others have already said, we just want it to feel useful to take a spin. as long as the items are needed for nonFF crew or components for an item needed for a nonFF crew things would be fine. As it is now, half of the available items daily aren't needed, and getting a top row pull without getting all of the 1st and 2nd row stuff is practically impossible.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️

Scott and everyone else, if you know that you made a mistake, close the ap while the ad is up. Then, reopen the ap spin your credit spin and now do the ad spin.