Home The Bridge
Options

Why are there 2 options to purchase transmissions in the faction centers?

~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
The first option is by using merits, and there is apparently no limit to how many times you may use that option.

The second option is by using dilithium. That made sense when there WAS a limit on purchases with merits, but it now appears to be unnecessary duplication.

Can anyone explain why we still have the dilithium option, please?

Thanks, y’all! LLAP
"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Best Answers

• Options
    C-NoteC-Note ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Maybe you'd rather expend dilithium than merits if you are low on the latter? In this case, choice is good.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    As more options, as better. Pick ur poison. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    As more options, as better. Pick ur poison. ;)
    Ordinarily I'd agree with this, but why have them taking up a spot that could have a useful *item* in it? With as annoying as it is farming for specific faction-only items, I'd welcome the tiny extra chance from having that box open.
  • Options
    Jim RaynorJim Raynor ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The possibilty to buy transmissions via Dilithium was only available during faction events for the participating factions. The option used to be removed after the event ended. But even in the ancient past, DB forgot it most of the time. Seems they either sell a lot of transmissions for Dilithium or they just gave up to remove if after every event.
  • Options
    BenSon2007BenSon2007 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You have no way to buy Merits, but you can buy Dilithium. Maybe importent for those, who spend Merits in the Gauntlet or when you want to buy an item (not transmissions) in the faction center.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It's for the whales.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It use to be hard to earn merits. It's a holdover from that Era. You could only get the daily amounts. Gauntlet and achievements were pipe dreams. Events were also rare.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    7z7nrkomm60q.png

Anyone seen this before?
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Grant77 wrote: »
    7z7nrkomm60q.png

Anyone seen this before?
    Not that specifically, but I once at S31 saw 2* codes for both merits and credits. I was like "Score!" and snatched them both up pronto.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I went to the faction store purchased an item for merits. Went back to faction store and next to my purchased item was the same item and it was available again for merits.

It is always possible that my first purchase was not merits. But i am careful and only purchase items for merits. So I believe the same item was avaible twice for merits.