Home The Bridge
Options

Exceed Your Dreams $99.99US Package

Is the most expensive package that DB has offered? Limit of 5?!?! :o
5nvskihm4bn2.png

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to offer this many moons ago when there was an offer every Monday. Usually it was 30 pulls. They’ve also offered $100 dilithium. I think it was 40% more than what was in the portal.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    "As a special thanks, here's a way we thought of to part you obsessive/compulsive folk, with disposable cash, from a Benjamin ..."

$100 ??? ... I don't know what they've been smokin' but they must be holding a corporate retreat in Jamaica-land, man! Guess we hit the 'jackpot trigger' with this last Skirmish! How many of you folk fell for this one??? (my apologies if you actually did ... I'm so insensitive!)

Thank God they are limiting us to only 5 each! Too unreal!
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, mejoyh. As I mentioned to some fleetmates earlier, the people who could afford to drop $500 for a 5x purchase of this offer are the players for whom chrons and regular premium packs just aren't worth paying double for dilithium. Still, I'm sure there will be a few takers, for whom money and actual value aren't even a consideration. Though I'd imagine DB's income from that is a drop in the bucket compared to something that a lot more of us would actually consider purchasing.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    mejoyh wrote: »
    ... So yea you would technically be saving money there...

LOL I don't care what comparison a person uses ... even if they have in the past offered a 'special' $1000.00 bargain ... one is still trading real currency (earned by sweat most of the time unless one is on the government dole) for something that has absolutely NO tangible value. Can one take this 'bargain' and use it to get the oil changed in their Maserati? Nah, didn't think so.

Okay, I'm done venting now ... (I'm a wild man! :wink: )

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    @Dirk Gunderson

LOL ... I guess I'm going to have to hang a big sign around my neck that says "Not Being Serious". :smiley::smiley:

I have a very dry sense of humor and am very seldom being serious. It's just me ... "now get your kids off my lawn! Dang whipper-snappers!"

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I was a bit shocked - the other day there was a 15x10 premium pull for 10 € - and then this.

Sorry DB - if you want my money you need to be more creative.

Heres something i would buy: a pack with faction-only items. Especially no-star film rolls and holoprograms.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dil is overpriced in this game, this pack is basically aimed at whales who use Dil on the Tuesday Packs. They must be selling some, though 100$ is too much for my pockets
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    That's an easy pass all day. $100?!?!?!? Hilarious, but I'm sure a few bit. I'm only to $15 a month for DB, just the premium campaigns and the monthly cards...
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the offer first (not the price) and thought it was a decent deal for $50. Then I saw the price tag and I was like 🤣
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    You can tell how 'valuable' an offer is by how many times they limit the purchases. 15 packs for 9.99 - limit one where as this pack has a 5x limit...

Lets break it down and see how 'massive' the value actually is...
    25 packs - thats 2.5x 10 packs which would be worth 25 bucks (granted these aren't regularly available)
    4000 dil - that's 50 bucks directly from the store
    5000 chron - i mean... really? Who pays money for chrons especially outside of an event...

So thats 75 bucks of value for the very cheap price of 100...

On a more extreme valuation, 25 packs would cost 16,250 dil which cost just about 200 USD. So on that basis, 25 dil packs plus 4000 dil would have costed you 250 bucks. So yea you would technically be saving money there...

Chronitons are 1250/$9.99. So, 5000 is "valued" at $40. Just because you do not regularly buy them, does not mean they have no value in the Offer. That is kind of disingenuous......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?