Home The Bridge
Options

It's a conspiracy!

CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in The Bridge
I'm ONE item away from immortalizing my JM Riker ... One lousy 3* latinum.
I can't replicate it ... I can't farm it ... I can't bribe the Duras Sisters to smuggle me in any ...
I am left with only one option: sending out Ferengi Shuttle missions (how low can I stoop?)

5 days now ... well over 100 shuttles ... no 3* latinum ... 4*: yeah, 2* for sure ...
(anybody wanna buy some tube grubs? I've cornered the market)

The dang programming KNOWS what I am after! And it is determined to deny me satisfaction!

:#:#:#
Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
My DataCore page
My Spreadsheet

Comments

• Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best place to farm 3* Latinum is Chapter 7, Mission 11 Hounded on Elite.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Gold-Pressed_Latinum#Rare
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    LOL :wink: 'chapter 7' is only available to me in my wildest dreams at this point! (right up there with Sophia Loren just wearing pearls and Sigourney Weaver in a sweaty tank-top) Still fussing around with 'chapter 4' :smile:

(PS: yes, I AM older than dirt ;-) )

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    LOL :wink: 'chapter 7' is only available to me in my wildest dreams at this point! (right up there with Sophia Loren just wearing pearls and Sigourney Weaver in a sweaty tank-top) Still fussing around with 'chapter 4' :smile:

(PS: yes, I AM older than dirt ;-) )

Don't forget to check the faction stores, they may have it available for purchase with 100 Dil...for ONE 3 star component. It is a steep price but if you are in a bind sometimes it is just better to bite the bullet. Merits, again steep price of 250 merits for a newer player, a little less than a 3rd of a merit pull. Credits, seeing the pattern? Buying components from faction stores directly holds a high price, 250,000 credits is enough to replicate a LEGENDARY item, for one blue COMPONENT, but that doesn't mean much when ya can't replicate latinum.
    In any case hope you can finish him soon.
    Edit: thought I'd add, I have 15 of the item you need...
    mq4s5u7al0cb.jpg
    And in classic ferengi fashion I'd sell you one...for 95 Dil :wink:
  • Options
    LOL

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yeah it is a bit of a downer not unlocking all the missions I just focussed on levelling specific crew who would help unlock all/most missions, after getting a couple of mega legendaries you will soon be able to whizz through most of them, for me Mirror Picard, prisoner Cornwell and surak, were particularly useful in doing this.

I would just wait and focus on the next levelling project to get another new strong card that will help your mission progress.

The do not airlock list on the ready room will help you with tricky nodes that are only unlocked by specific crew. Wasting chrons on inefficient mission drops won’t help you advance.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Good idea about re-checking the faction center today ... they did ... i did ... Riker's done!
    He's up there now on Mt Olympus with the Gods.

100 dil was a bargain! ;-)

Now on to bigger and better things!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    Good idea about re-checking the faction center today ... they did ... i did ... Riker's done!
    He's up there now on Mt Olympus with the Gods.

100 dil was a bargain! ;-)

Now on to bigger and better things!

Glad to be of help...that'll be 5 dilithium for my finder's fee and 5 dilithium for the tip :wink:
  • Options
    Can’t replicate Latinum but we CAN replicate entire items that contain it as an ingredient, no?

Yep, because it just...works?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Can’t replicate Latinum but we CAN replicate entire items that contain it as an ingredient, no?

Yep, just replicate Riker’s trombone.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying anything from a Faction Store with Dil is just a waste of Dil.

1. As others have stated, just replicate the whole item ... if you are out of credits you could have used the 100 Dil to buy you more than enough credits to replicate the whole item (also kinda a waste, but hey).

2. We just finished a Skirmish event ... with a Supply Pack going you could have run ship battles dropping the 3* Latinum (Hounded, No Returns Accepted) ... yes, they are expensive (22 Chronitons per run at full cost) ... but you can break-even with Skirmish events for your chroniton stash no problem.

3. Wait till the merit or credit cost one rolls around in the Faction Store.

4. Just continue running the shuttles, frustrating, sure ... but there are items that will be a lot more frustrating in the future that you'll need a ton of (Holoprograms, Ancient Film, Science Experiments) and will need a lot more patience for because they are not available for option #2.
    This is something every player needs to (learn to) deal with ... use the Wiki and Crew Cost Finder to help you out with identifying bottlenecks for levelling and equipping crew.

Remember, you are basically equipping a 2-skill 3* crew who you will freeze anyway ... the trombone only gives ship passives and a proficiency roll boost ... this is the perfect case of leaving the crew as is and just go about with other crew ... the trombone/latinum might drop from a Gauntlet/Campaign box etc. etc.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, patience grasshopper. I do remember the frustration. And there is always something to bring more. I've waited weeks or months in a few cases for exactly what I need to drop.

Save your dilithium for a third shuttle to increase your chances, and for crew slots.

I will however contradict a couple people. JM Riker shows up quite a bit in the Commander division of the Arena. Depending on how he chooses to crew his ship, there is actually a good chance he won't be freezing JM any time soon.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name your price

gyhv375789ye.png
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I forget what it was, but there was one specialized Latinum we could Replicate. Don't know if they fixed that, or not. It's Canon that it can't be Replicated, BTW. That is why it is valuable........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    just a little post-script on JM Riker:

I really wasn't obsessed with immortalizing him for any strange, deep, mystic reason. No demon on my shoulder whispering evil stuff into my ear ...

I use him every day at this stage in my game, he was sitting FF at lvl86, he has a BB rating of tier 5, a whole gaggle of usable traits, and I liked his proficiency spread. So he caught my attention. Better numbers than most of my otherwise limited and motley 4 and 5* crew ...

Pretty soon he was just sitting there taking knitting classes at lvl100. Easy-peasy so far. What's a player to do??? Attack the trombone of course! :smile:

Unfortunately it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. I did, at some point, look at just replicating the whole bloody thing but for some reason the cost seemed too high (to me and my newbie-brain) ...

Then comes the Ferengi horde ... and I am left with a cargo hold full of tube grubs and tooth sharpeners.

I do tend to be rather impulsive at times :smiley: Que Sara, sara

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I recently had a similar experience with 1* Klingon Armor for BO Jadzia. I spent four days sending out Romulan shuttles trying to farm it, and did not get a single piece. I decided to replicate all of her Armor instead. It was not until I got her to level 70 that I realised........... :o