Home The Bridge
Options

Would you like to be able to see how many attacks have your ships in the Arena repelled?

Would you like to be able to see how many attacks have your ships in the Arena repelled? 43 votes

Yes
76%
RocpileV.[QH] OxmyxJim Raynor[SSR] GTMET(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Paladin 27Mudd in your eyesexy_ladyInquisitor Troi-RikerMatt_Deckerguest_757423444811776[GoT] LuckyNumberHatGib - Admiral MarinersIronagedaveParker RobbinsCapt. Pete OwenCranky (SC) STT HumfDavideBooks 33 votes
No
23%
Zombie Squirrel AggeSoupKitchen RikergregorytCapt. CrunchYateballProontDahar Commander 5 of 12Kim CardassianSeven Constanza 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    No
    No - it could be kind of fun though. On the other hand is there nothing i care less about in this game than arena. I do my 5 to 10 battles a day. Just launiching them, not even fighting. All i want is the points for the dailys and the campaigne. What do i get out of the arena? Ship plans - thanks. Don't need the blue an purple ones. The golden ones? Maybe, but not bad enough.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't see why not, there's clearly an art to defence which is shrouded in mystery but stats might help you work out who is best to put on defence duty after I am done with my five battles for the day I'd like to try and hold rank wherever possible.

Gauntlet defence stats would also be good, more from a myth busting perspective than anything else.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no, although it certainly wouldn't hurt anything to have this available. I will echo what was said above and find VERY little interest in the arena at all with the exception of the occasional month featuring schems to a ship I don't have maxed, even then it's meh
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes because I am curious.

But let me ask a follow-up question:
    Is there something else that you would rather DB work on instead?

And a less important follow-up question:
    How would you add this to the user interface?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yes

Yes, absolutely. Personally, I'd like to see more ships introduced to the game, and unique ways to find their schematics. Could be a massive collection where you win 100 schematics each crew you immortalize. Could be through scans in unique locations. Could be an Easter Egg hunt across missions all over the map. Etc. But we are missing some great ships from the Star Trek franchise:

Federation:
    • USS Excelsior
    • USS Enterprise-B
    • USS Enterprse-C
    • USS Enterprise-D (future version from All Good Things . . .)
    • USS Prometheus
    • USS Phoenix (Nebula Class)
    • USS Grissom
    • USS Equinox
    Klingon:
    • IKS Bortas (Vor'cha Class)
    • IKS Negh'Var
    • IKS Somraw (Raptor-Class)
    Romulan
    • Romulan Bird-of-Prey
    • Romulan Scout Ship
    Borg
    • Borg Queen's Ship
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yes

And a less important follow-up question:
    How would you add this to the user interface?

Same. And there are plenty of things I would rather they spent their development resources on first.

I think I would have it displayed below the Enter Division button - the notes for which ships can be used seem a bit unnecessary and could be moved to tool tip buttons in the top right corner of each division’s section. The tally would be the number of defensive battles fought since the arena’s last daily update - this number resets every day so it doesn’t get too large for the servers to handle while still offering us information about how often we’re attacked. People who sleep in the hours leading up to the update perhaps lose out on the full total, but they’re already disadvantaged based on update timing anyway and this isn’t exactly critical data that would cause a further imbalance.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just like to see the crew on my opponent's battle stations after the battle is over, so when I lose crazy quick, I can make a note to avoid certain lineups. Because I don't commit those crew to memory at the start of each battle. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I'd just like to see the crew on my opponent's battle stations after the battle is over, so when I lose crazy quick, I can make a note to avoid certain lineups. Because I don't commit those crew to memory at the start of each battle. ;)

This seems easier to do and also more useful, imo.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah, mostly I'd like to see how often my commander ship wins the coinflip.

Also to see if anyone plays Captain or if my ship is just too awesome.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    No
    I’m not interested in seeing the repelled attacks at all. I wouldn’t even participate if it wasn’t required to satisfy the goals to get the daily honor.