Home The Bridge
Options

Gauntlet question

Is Armus the only character currently available to win, or are Locutus, Bartender Guinan, and The Caretaker still available?

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    All are available but Armus is the "primary roll" or however you word it, and if you roll and don't get him there's a secondary roll that happens that can get you one of the others
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just recently nabbed another Guinan
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s been a long time since I got anyone besides Armus.
  • Options
    Thank you. I was hoping the others were still available.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    All are available but Armus is the "primary roll" or however you word it, and if you roll and don't get him there's a secondary roll that happens that can get you one of the others

Really? I have received 2 of all the crew (Locutus, Caretaker, Guinan, and Armus.). Do you know what the odds are for receiving Armus versus the others?

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? I have received 2 of all the crew (Locutus, Caretaker, Guinan, and Armus.). Do you know what the odds are for receiving Armus versus the others?

I don't know if they ever posted exact odds. I think you're two or three times more likely to get Armus, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't, I'm not sure that DB ever posted them... but they're low. Originally the Gauntlet would only let you get the currently available character, it was revised fairly recently (either Armus or Caretaker time) that there would be a secondary roll chance
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

DB never posted exact odds. But from the way they phrased it, the odds of getting Armus are equal to the odds of getting not Armus 5*.

As an example(not the actual odds):
    Armus 3%
    Locutus 1%
    Guinan 1%
    Caretaker 1%

If/when a new crew is added, the odds will be shifted so that
    New Crew 3%
    .75% Armus
    .75% Locutus
    .75% Guinan
    .75% Caretaker
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

DB never posted exact odds. But from the way they phrased it, the odds of getting Armus are equal to the odds of getting not Armus 5*.

As an example(not the actual odds):
    Armus 3%
    Locutus 1%
    Guinan 1%
    Caretaker 1%

If/when a new crew is added, the odds will be shifted so that
    New Crew 3%
    .75% Armus
    .75% Locutus
    .75% Guinan
    .75% Caretaker

This is also my assumption, but there's been nothing from DB to say this is actually correct. Also, my own winnings aren't consistent with these odds. But then, at less than 1%, the odds are so low that it's hard to detect a pattern without a lot more players' data.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Since the change, I've got:
    4 Armus
    7 Locutus
    3 Guinan
    1 Caretaker

I don't want to complain because I know what a boon Locutus was to my gaunlet game, but I sure would love to finish Armus.

Edit: added my fourth Armus, who just showed up last night.
    Farewell 🖖