Home Ready Room

19+20+21 = 35? Help with percentages!

So mucking about with shuttles on my secondary account I noticed an apparent "boost" to the first person assigned to a shuttle. ie it looked as if they pushed the slider up further than the next assigned crew, so I picked crew with only one of the traits required for the slot and I got some weird values. I'm guessing the first crewperson assigned gets a "boost" of 10-15% and the others don't. Can anyone explain this for me? Does this boost actually apply or is it for visual purposes only? Why does it even exist?

rz7h4mv5ceyq.png

3ef2epzuspke.png

8ynitw1jc1lz.png

7k630acm1bfk.png

Comments

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The formula for shuttle percentage isn’t linear, so each additional 100 points of skill ( either by boost or better crew) adds less to the percents than the last 100 points).
  • Well that explains that. So it works like levelling up I guess. Thank you very much Paladin. Would you also happen to know if the AND skill - the secondary skill - is measured at the same rate as the first skill marked? Or are they both marked at 50% of a single skilled slot?
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND skill adds up if you have a crew that matches both of the mentioned skills (Sci AND Med for example). If it's an OR value, only one of the two skills will get the purrcentage (I hope it's the higher one). For example, if you have an Eng OR Med seat, it will suggest you the highest of ANY of them (depending what crew you have). So it could be either let's say Smiley O'Brien OR Commando Crusher. If you have someone with both skills, let's say Changeling Bashir who's got both Eng AND Med, his higher of the two will count (in this case Med).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    edited November 2017
    And missions are the highest skill plus one quarter the lower skill. The order of skills listed on the mission is not important
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    And missions are the highest skill plus one quarter the lower skill. The order of skills listed on the mission is not important

Also, I think I remember reports saying that applying a shuttle boost to the lower skill actually boosts the higher one.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Also, I think I remember reports saying that applying a shuttle boost to the lower skill actually boosts the higher one.

It displays that way on the on screen percentage, but I'm not sure that it actually flows through to the real results. Would certainly explain why event percentages seem to be more overstated than normal ones. People never use boosts outside events and then when you combine bonus crews you can get some 10-15% swings based on which calculation method is used.
  • I've been getting 10-15% swings. That might explain that.
  • I've been sending out section 31 missions at exactly 33% (to lower success rates and therefore start to farm basic holoprograms) and RNG has been spot on so far. Whereas in the last event particularly I was getting about 50% success on shuttles boosted to 80% or more. When I finally switched from Bajoran to Augment missions my success rates seemed to be more accurate. I will watch out for that in future and see if I can stop being so frustrated.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    I've been sending out section 31 missions at exactly 33% (to lower success rates and therefore start to farm basic holoprograms) and RNG has been spot on so far. Whereas in the last event particularly I was getting about 50% success on shuttles boosted to 80% or more. When I finally switched from Bajoran to Augment missions my success rates seemed to be more accurate. I will watch out for that in future and see if I can stop being so frustrated.

I feel your pain. All of my premium crew are stuck on a voyage, so my Sec 31 shuttles have been <50% success.

Also keep in mind that the Event Crew bonus is NOT applied to the display % for success on your event shuttles. I can confirm this by the recordkeeping I did last week. Same crew for same Augment missions: during event succeeding around 90%, POST EVENT = 100% failure for ALL shuttle missions.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...