Home Make It So!
Options

Trading market - not easy to implement!

This is an idea very hard to implement, but i think would bring alot of real money to DB.
Create a market where players can put up for sell cards, and where can search and buy cards.
The price should be only in dilithium.
Set minimum price for each type of rare,super rare, legendary cards, and leave the maximum price to can be set by player.
This would create a really big versatility and would make the dilithium sale grow for sure.
Would you guys enjoy/use this feature? Because i am for sure.

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying I don't like it, or that I think it's a bad idea. But, your question was would I us it. Unfortunately, no.

As a personal opinion, I think the game is already to heavily weighted in favour of players with big bank accounts.

The potential issues I think would mostly have to do with people playing multiple accounts to push cards to their main account. I certainly don't think it would entirely break everything. But if you could have 4 alt accounts to pass a global gift to your main account, wouldn't you?

Another potential issue is account security. At the moment breaking into a STT account doesn't get you much. Sure you could take it over, but what would that be worth? But what if there was something you could take? What if some one could hack your account and sell off your cards to someone else who pays them real money?

I don't think an uptick in zombie accounts would necessarily do a lot of damage. But, I do think it's at least possible that the event leaderboard will see an obvious uptick in high scores. A large portion of which will be to feed a main account. It would probably end up being harder to place for people who don't spend a lot of money.

Do you think there might be an interest in account hacking if cards and items could be passed to other players? I do. But I tend to be more paranoid than some.
  • Options
    I'm not saying I don't like it, or that I think it's a bad idea. But, your question was would I us it. Unfortunately, no.

As a personal opinion, I think the game is already to heavily weighted in favour of players with big bank accounts.

The potential issues I think would mostly have to do with people playing multiple accounts to push cards to their main account. I certainly don't think it would entirely break everything. But if you could have 4 alt accounts to pass a global gift to your main account, wouldn't you?

Another potential issue is account security. At the moment breaking into a STT account doesn't get you much. Sure you could take it over, but what would that be worth? But what if there was something you could take? What if some one could hack your account and sell off your cards to someone else who pays them real money?

I don't think an uptick in zombie accounts would necessarily do a lot of damage. But, I do think it's at least possible that the event leaderboard will see an obvious uptick in high scores. A large portion of which will be to feed a main account. It would probably end up being harder to place for people who don't spend a lot of money.

Do you think there might be an interest in account hacking if cards and items could be passed to other players? I do. But I tend to be more paranoid than some.

I agree regarding making it more juicy for people who have a mind to hack accounts, there would be an incentive, and on another slant, I wouldn't put it passed some unscrupulous Admirals to demand cards in lieu of getting in to a "high ranking" fleet. There was plenty of cheating in GOTA when it was about, & I don't imagine its terribly different in STT.
    The Maryland Fleet need YOU, come and join us!
    We are rushing headlong into the abyss...................but we will have a blast whilst doing it,