Home The Bridge
Options

Remember when..

709q7np5y34c.jpg
eXo | Z•A•P•P

Comments

• Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Those were the days. Kind of **tsk tsk** that there are a **tsk tsk** ton more people playing now and yet the ranked rewards are the same as when the game came out.
  • Options
    More people playing, and more people paying money foor event packs (which in a way is good for the game) but for myself, a f2p player, im finding my ranking, especially in shuttle events has been going gradually downwards. I used to rank consistently around 1000-1500, now struggling stay in the top 5000.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it has to do a lot more with the fact that there are 30-40 event characters vs. 5-10. It takes a lot less effort to maintain 4k shuttles with all the x2 characters out there.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Widespread awareness and use of the start cheat + squad leader bonus + 2x more serious players.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually don't remember those days, but I've been getting top 1000 pretty consistently for a few months now in faction events. Galaxy is another story and I find them much more taxing. And this event was like Klingon month with all those event crew. First time I had 4 shuttles with every seat filled with bonus crew.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    Widespread awareness and use of the start cheat + squad leader bonus + 2x more serious players.

Squad leader bonus has been around more than a year. So, not really relevant to this, as a year ago was very much in the 'good ol days' of 250k making it.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s more challenging and requires more effort now. Wouldn’t it be boring if that never changed?
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Squad leader bonus has been around more than a year. So, not really relevant to this, as a year ago was very much in the 'good ol days' of 250k making it.

squads are better now - give 50,000+ free point advantage. Next.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Squad leader bonus percentage has not changed since inception. The only reason the squad leaders are getting more is because individuals are scoring higher in their squad.

• Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭

Squad leader bonus percentage has not changed since inception. The only reason the squad leaders are getting more is because individuals are scoring higher in their squad.

which is exactly what I said.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a wash of a factor, as if individuals are scoring higher, the squad leader percentage is the same, then the squad leaders would have the same rank if individuals scored lower.

So their placement should be the same as they were in October of 2016 all things being equal.

Apple meet Orange.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    You can also turn this around. Events are a challenge, and a legendary character is something special not everyone can achieve. It's just that early players had an advantage back in the day.

I started playing in May I think, and I've managed to get a legendary from an event twice (not counting thresholds T'Kuvma and Kortar), so they are quite the achievement for me.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭

Its a wash of a factor, as if individuals are scoring higher, the squad leader percentage is the same, then the squad leaders would have the same rank if individuals scored lower.

So their placement should be the same as they were in October of 2016 all things being equal.

Apple meet Orange.

Orange you glad you got the last word :)
  • Options
    Good times. My avatar is the first 5* I won ingame, had to play my **tsk tsk** off to get around 130k points and it was enough for top1000. Most fun I had with this game.
  • Options
    Remember when rank 1000 - 2500 gave nothing but additional airlock 4*?
    Remember the first time an event ran and Not everybody had a lvl 100 Event 4/4 or even highly leveled event x/5?
    Remember when you could play badly and still outrank f2p players as you had 2 more shuttles?

Its not really about the amount of players, just a lot of factors increasing competition.
  • Options
    I was a newbie back then. Just completing the later episodes on normal required fully equipped lengendaries, and/or several FFFE 4*'s. Back then, I couldn't rank high enough to get anything much of value during events, so had to buy event packs for the high level crew, chrons, and dilithium. But, it was challenging, and therefore, fun.
  • Options
    cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Regardless of what factors have changed, it's insane that the ranked reward brackets have never changed. PvP is done by percentage and makes sense, at some point people are going to get tired of having to pay in to rank in the event and getting nothing but a few honor from the super-rare they ff'd with the packs they just bought, or in the case of the last event had ff'd before the event was announced. The whole model is broken and stupid, and these "events" just aren't fun enough to commit resources to with so little chance of getting something that's actually worth while in return.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    I'd love event rewards by percantages tbh. I would get free stuff by creating new accounts instead of crafting recipes ;)

They might however increase the rewards for each bracket. Especially 26 - 1000, which are way too identical. More free stuff for 1000 - 1500 why not sounds good as well, etc..
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned very early on spending beyond event packs as in instant completing shuttles only pays off if your top 25 yet you need to spend to be in the 26-100 bracket and your still no better off really than those at 900-1000 in terms of rewards
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget that DB now gives points for failed shuttles which increases all event scores 10% or more.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I used to push shuttles hard the entire event. Now, I do just enough to stay comfortably in the top 1000 (because it might as well be 26). It **tsk tsk** in that the rewards aren't much different. On the other hand, I usually can spare a shuttle or two after hitting the 4k mark to run different factions to get items for event characters I'm leveling depending on the competition.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    I used to push shuttles hard the entire event. Now, I do just enough to stay comfortably in the top 1000 (because it might as well be 26). It **** in that the rewards aren't much different. On the other hand, I usually can spare a shuttle or two after hitting the 4k mark to run different factions to get items for event characters I'm leveling depending on the competition.

How the hell do you do that? For the shuttle event with young Sarek, I was sending 4 x 4k shuttles the whole event and went 3 for 4 each time, and i was actually falling in the rankings. I even did a couple of rounds with 90 minute time reducers. I started the event in the 700s and ended up at 1209.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Perspective...Love Trek, and I have some issues of a personal nature...found the game, signed on and just "play." It IS kinda fun. No need to top out, be king of the hill...never gonna FF some of my faves, but gonna keep playing, so long as it stays fun...like the new Dax...not the best stats, but cool and fun to have...Looking forward to more 1 and 2 * characters...