Home The Bridge
Options

Forced Update Just Went Live

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
Looks like DB got the bugs worked out and just forced the client upgrade with the server push.

The timer is now gone from arena matches.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Looks like DB got the bugs worked out and just forced the client upgrade with the server push.

The timer is now gone from arena matches.

Mine are done for today. Cadets, too. Guess tomorrow ill be quicker!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot!
  • Options
    Server Notes:

2gumrkd0t0ay.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Yay! :smiley:
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did all my cadets in about 30 seconds. Awesome.

Holding my breath to see how much of a bloodbath it is tonight for the Arena.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did all my cadets in about 30 seconds. Awesome.

Holding my breath to see how much of a bloodbath it is tonight for the Arena.

Let me know when I wake up in the morning.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    sliced bread - you **tsk tsk**
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Just finished all cadet challenges and arena battles within 15 minutes. Much better QoL, and thank you DB for the change!
  • Options
    Tearing through those challenges is a blessing, a massive improvement there. Kudos to you, DB...
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory system is still a mess. Just discarded 20 unique items before I realized they weren’t automatically being converted into Replicator Rations. And not being able to click on items to identify them in the Replicator Rations window without filling the tank and getting to the confirm the conversion is a major headache.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's just me but I really just find the scans still having a 3 hour timer negates a lot of the awesomeness of the no timer cadets and arena... I'm forced to check in 3 times in 9 hours instead of 5 times in 9 hours.... cool
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ripping through the Tue and Sun cadet challenges will be fine, but why would you want that feature for the other days? If you speed through them, you'll lose out on ad-doubling opportunities. I suppose if you've been unable to play all day and only have 15min left before day change, then this is a nice thing. I dunno, I just don't see this as a significant enhancement. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing great about it either.

Separate point - there was once a time when DB gave advance notice of when forced upgrades would be required. Lately (past year or so?) we only find out about them when the app reboots and you can't play. Maybe I'm in the minority that finds this to be inconvenient (I'm inevitably at work when this happens - I prefer to avoid company wifi for game activities and my cell coverage can be spotty depending on where I am in the buildings).
  • Options
    Great improvement imho. 👍🏻

A „repeat“ button for cadet challenges would be great. No big deal going back in every time, but still. Always room left for improvements.🙂
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ripping through the Tue and Sun cadet challenges will be fine, but why would you want that feature for the other days? If you speed through them, you'll lose out on ad-doubling opportunities. I suppose if you've been unable to play all day and only have 15min left before day change, then this is a nice thing. I dunno, I just don't see this as a significant enhancement. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing great about it either.

Separate point - there was once a time when DB gave advance notice of when forced upgrades would be required. Lately (past year or so?) we only find out about them when the app reboots and you can't play. Maybe I'm in the minority that finds this to be inconvenient (I'm inevitably at work when this happens - I prefer to avoid company wifi for game activities and my cell coverage can be spotty depending on where I am in the buildings).

Shan announced last week that it was hoped to go live last week. You had extra time, from the announcement. Also, the Update has been available for download for some time......
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great improvement imho. 👍🏻

A „repeat“ button for cadet challenges would be great. No big deal going back in every time, but still. Always room left for improvements.🙂

Or how bout a warp 6?

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Shan announced last week that it was hoped to go live last week. You had extra time, from the announcement. Also, the Update has been available for download for some time......

With no player improvements until the forced upgrade and multiple reports of bugs with claiming daily rewards, I certainly wasn't going to upgrade until forced to. Luckily I could upgrade at work, but I agree with Ishmael here. DB should have announced, "We will be requiring the new client with the server update midday on Tuesday."