Home The Bridge
Options

The forgotten voyage

So I sent out a voyage today, got past the 6h mark .. with just over 1000 AM .. figured I'd give it a bit .. 30 min . maybe an hour if I was lucky, and recall.

.. and I forgot about it .
O.o

Logged back on a bit later to this:
lbt0dm5veztv.png
(after I claimed the 8hr dillema!! :o
waiting for it load afterwards ... I'm clicking that recall button so bad !!!
:D

Comments

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    For an 8 hour voyage, having two primary skills anything more than about 8500-9000 is a waste, you need to chop back the command by about 1000, and the security by about 4000, and get the other skills up to an average of at least 4000.

That was good going, and you were hopefully lucky. If it was me the counter would be say out of antimatter at 7h 57min. (Always 57 minutes)
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Close one!
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    That looks like few 8s I can manage. Previous poster has a point though. You could have gotten 15-20 more minutes out of it. You only need to go about 1500 over a check to make sure you get there. 8 hour, so 8+ (1 to 1.5). If you had cut 3000 from your gold skill and put it into at least two other skill you would have saved more AM.

As a general rule (RNG is fickle mistress) 500 to 600 will get you through an hour if your top skill checks are high enough. You have the stats to hit the 8 but you sacrificed the other 4 skills and started bleeding AM too early.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Was it worth it btw? It's a hard moment when you get to 8 and all you so is tell a trill to join Starfleet... You get used to it, but those first few times, not so chill about it.
  • Options
    @Exanimus What does RNG stand for? Sorry for being a noob
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Random Number Generator. The dice. Skill test
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 75 minutes to the eight hour Dilemma. The conservative formula showed I could make 72 minutes for sure. I got immersed in the warship game I also play, and forgot. Signed back into the App and saw the Dilemma logo on the Voyage/Mission Tab. Hit eight hours with 69 AM left. Both four 🌟 s I ended up with were already frozen, but I did end up with 450+ Chronitons.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    For an 8 hour voyage, having two primary skills anything more than about 8500-9000 is a waste, you need to chop back the command by about 1000, and the security by about 4000, and get the other skills up to an average of at least 4000.

That was good going, and you were hopefully lucky. If it was me the counter would be say out of antimatter at 7h 57min. (Always 57 minutes)

Thanks for the suggestion .. I'll try that on my next voyage see if it helps ..

I honestly don't invest a ton of time into picking crew . just sort by primary, pick highest (with bonus am), lather rinse repeat ... do 2ndary a couple times ..
    pri around 10k+ sec at least 8k+ ? great, send .. *shrug* :)

I'm not really trying for long voyages (yet) .. just saving up voyage refreshes for now .. then going to go the 20h .. will try to tune better then ..

I'll take your suggestions to heart though, and try some different combinations .. :)
  • Options
    The Primary Skill is set at 30% +/- the Secondary Skill is set at 20% +/-, so in my book, it is always better to go slightly higher with the secondary if you can. like 11K/12.5K PRI/SEC, that way it will last just a little bit longer. And as always, all the tertiary skills as high as you can make the Voyage last longer.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...