Home Make It So!

2 Event Idea

Hey, So many ideas go around the forum that I likely have missed both of these but regardless I thought these worth sharing:

Mash Up Event - This is where there is a typical four day event (Thursday-Monday) but like a galaxy/faction event on steroids literally every day is different. You start out with Faction on Thursday, switch to Skirmish on Friday, then Galaxy on Saturday and end Expedition on Sunday or something like that. Would likely take some development up front since everything is centered around two phases but I think this would prevent anyone from getting bored and if you didn't do really well at Phase 2, you could make it up in phase 3 or 4, etc. That was my only real idea the next one is just a wish list.

Squadrons - Need to increase the rewards for squads. Someone msged me today asking if I wanted to move to their squad and I said 'honestly what is the point' most fleets worth anything have star base max or nearly max and meet or nearly meet all fleet dailies. The one thing I thought is that if I received some real benefit from squads then I might at least be tempted to consider a move and therefore build some real fleet competition (and spending if DB is listening). As it stands, who really needs more credits and replicator rations? But put that final star for the event Super Rare as a squad reward for faction event and I bet you get some serious competition.

That's all I got. Thanks!

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    Hey, So many ideas go around the forum that I likely have missed both of these but regardless I thought these worth sharing:

Mash Up Event - This is where there is a typical four day event (Thursday-Monday) but like a galaxy/faction event on steroids literally every day is different. You start out with Faction on Thursday, switch to Skirmish on Friday, then Galaxy on Saturday and end Expedition on Sunday or something like that. Would likely take some development up front since everything is centered around two phases but I think this would prevent anyone from getting bored and if you didn't do really well at Phase 2, you could make it up in phase 3 or 4, etc. That was my only real idea the next one is just a wish list.

Squadrons - Need to increase the rewards for squads. Someone msged me today asking if I wanted to move to their squad and I said 'honestly what is the point' most fleets worth anything have star base max or nearly max and meet or nearly meet all fleet dailies. The one thing I thought is that if I received some real benefit from squads then I might at least be tempted to consider a move and therefore build some real fleet competition (and spending if DB is listening). As it stands, who really needs more credits and replicator rations? But put that final star for the event Super Rare as a squad reward for faction event and I bet you get some serious competition.

That's all I got. Thanks!

The question of whether a fleet is “worth anything” is subjective in part, so I will not contest your characterization as such regarding bonuses & dailies. You are, after all, entitled to your own opinion.

As for your suggestions, I find them interesting and would recommend that you also post them in the Make It So! sub-Forum, wherein they will be in good company. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quadruple hybrid? 🤯
    Farewell 🖖
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quadruple hybrid? 🤯

Hybrid-Hybrid?!?!?
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the 4 part hybrid idea doesn’t get adopted by db as an 8 day long event.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Hopefully the 4 part hybrid idea doesn’t get adopted by db as an 8 day long event.

That 6 day hybrid they ran was bad enough.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shorter events, kill Thursday. Make squads interesting with extra honor or something. I know they probably want to prevent the complaining people would do if someone wasn't pulling their weight and they missed out on a real reward.