Home The Bridge
Options

Two Free Voyage Revival Tokens in the Portals!!!!!

Expires in a couple days or so.
Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    This was great, on another note I lol'd hard at the package that includes 2 10X pulls and a bunch of purple trainers lolllllllllll

Even with the 2020 Dilithiums, I was like "Really? Is it that good a deal?"
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    This was great, on another note I lol'd hard at the package that includes 2 10X pulls and a bunch of purple trainers lolllllllllll

Yes, 29 10 pulls and 2 trainers + the Dilithium and I would have bought it...
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

They even put 29 over the picture of the packs. I figured as soon as I saw it that they were hoping to trick players. I hope people read thoroughly, but I predict a few refunds from that.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Not that it would make it worth it for me, but they should have dropped 9 single portal pulls to make it 29.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Even with the 2020 Dilithiums, I was like "Really? Is it that good a deal?"

If you ignore the trainers (as you should), $20 buys you the following:

-$20 worth of 10 for $10 offers
    -more than $20 in dilithium (even compared to the 8200/$100 price point)

If premium packs aren’t worth spending on, then you’re still getting enhanced value over normal prices. How much additional value this provides is of course subjective...
  • Options
    $20 worth of 10 for $10 offers

It are only 2 10 pulls Dirk. So $2 worth for them. That is the "problem" of this offer...

• Options

It are only 2 10 pulls Dirk. So $2 worth for them. That is the "problem" of this offer...

Yeah. It's 2/29/2020

4vqkv58dmnzv.jpg
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoops...that’s what I get for skimming over it. Still, considering those two packs as worthless as the trainers still leaves you ahead on dilithium. I don’t feel the need to buy this one but it’s not outright bad like today’s LTO:

0yjipba6i23q.png
  • Options
    Yeah, 2000 Dilithiums is right around $20, if you consider that 3000 is $30 by itself.
  • Options
    I don’t feel the need to buy this one but it’s not outright bad

Well, on their Twitter DB calls it very very special. And that it is surely not.

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made me smile for free, no need to spend on them.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well considering $4 buys you 3000 DIL with a monthly card, this gets you 2 packs and 1k less DIL all for the low low price of an extra $16.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Well considering $4 buys you 3000 DIL with a monthly card, this gets you 2 packs and 1k less DIL all for the low low price of an extra $16.

It’s the “right now” factor that this era feels. You have to wait a month for that 3000. This, you get “right now”

• Options
    They even put 29 over the picture of the packs. I figured as soon as I saw it that they were hoping to trick players. I hope people read thoroughly, but I predict a few refunds from that.

I don't know if that's been done purposefully or by mistake. If it's purposeful it stinks - wonder how many got burnt.

• Options

I don't know if that's been done purposefully or by mistake. If it's purposeful it stinks - wonder how many got burnt.

Hanlon's Razor yada yada, but you'd better believe they wouldn't change the wording of that offer once hearing that players are mistakenly purchasing it. I've heard of 6-7 players doing that so far. Blame players for not reading properly, blame DB for typical freemium, low-rent advertising practices.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Hanlon's Razor yada yada, but you'd better believe they wouldn't change the wording of that offer once hearing that players are mistakenly purchasing it. I've heard of 6-7 players doing that so far. Blame players for not reading properly, blame DB for typical freemium, low-rent advertising practices.

And DB complains that they're CS can't keep up with the requests rather than recognizing their own sloppiness causes the increased number of requests.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Have you ever wondered why your cell phone carrier has dozens of offers? To confuse you and incite you to buy a more expensive package because you're confused and don't want to dedicate a day to decipher all of this, so, as a cautious person you're buying more than you really need "just in case". It's DB adding another trick to their marketing scheme. They're going to create so many unique offers that it's going to be hard to say if it's a good deal or not for most people.
  • Options
    It's written out across the top of the Offer EXACTLY what the Offer is......

hky5guibux5o.jpg
  • Options

hky5guibux5o.jpg

It is.

But the way the pictures are displayed below 2, 29, 2020 is misleading. The packs should be displayed to the right, the replicator rations should be to the left. At first glance it appears 2 replicator rations and 29 packs are being offered.

All this does is make me stop and second guess any purchase in future - I don't want to be burnt. And when I second guess myself, I'm more likely to not go through with the purchase. So that's bad luck for DB. They think they're being clever with their little commercial trick but it may backfire.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Apologies to Osiris.
  • Options
    CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Definitely would have made sense to picture the replicator rations in the middle.
  • Options
    Crusoe wrote: »
    Definitely would have made since to picture the replicator rations in the middle.

Was probably laid out as it is, because of design balance. The middle image is larger. But, perhaps next time, since people seem to smell "dishonesty", they can line up the wording with the images better.
  • Options
    The middle image is larger.

As if they can't scale their own art assets...
    Then again, maybe they can't based on AoS Worf.

If DB had consistently earned the benefit of the doubt in the past, then they would have it now. Remember when they edited the Skirmish announcement after the fact and told everybody that it had always been that way?

Nobody is attacking anybody personally. The format of this particular offer was a poor decision by DB and several players have already mistakenly purchased it (which means chargebacks for DB).
  • Options
    what does all this have to do with the original topic (2 free tokens) ??? ;)
    Rein in your horses there cowboys! :smiley: LOL
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited February 2020

hky5guibux5o.jpg

It is.

But the way the pictures are displayed below 2, 29, 2020 is misleading. The packs should be displayed to the right, the replicator rations should be to the left. At first glance it appears 2 replicator rations and 29 packs are being offered.

All this does is make me stop and second guess any purchase in future - I don't want to be burnt. And when I second guess myself, I'm more likely to not go through with the purchase. So that's bad luck for DB. They think they're being clever with their little commercial trick but it may backfire.

People need to caveat that old emptor, though. It is written out. People who just looked at the images, and picked and chose which parts of the written part to read is not Disruptor Beam's fault. I doubt it was done intentionally to deceive people. If you feel it was, I would hope you would provide some actual proof. I'm sure, that because of the UNFOUNDED accusations of "deception", Disruptor Beam will be sure that Offer artwork in the future is double-checked to be idiot proof.

Please point out where I used the word "deception"

I merely stated that I would be less inclined to go through with a purchase the more time I spent thinking it through. Or as you more eloquently put it, I will "Caveat Emptor" in future. Trust is a huge thing for a business to lose.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Double post apologies
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    REMOVING POSTS FOR CONFUSION IN WHAT I SAID/MEANT!!!!!!
  • Options
    I thought I was being civil? Apologies if I came across as uncivil

You put the word deception in quotations after quoting my post. That implies that you were accusing me of saying it. Perhaps you should be more careful with your grammar? Unintended interpretations could otherwise be made.

Try to put yourself in another's shoes. You don't have to tie the laces.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I thought I was being civil? Apologies if I came across as uncivil

You put the word deception in quotations after quoting my post. That implies that you were accusing me of saying it. Perhaps you should be more careful with your grammar? Unintended interpretations could otherwise be made.

Try to put yourself in another's shoes. You don't have to tie the laces.

I quoted you, but also addressed things that had been in the whole thread. And other threads. I should have made separate posts. Sorry.