Leap Year 2020 Extravaganza

Comments

• my first thread,too exited,something went wrong... -.-

whatever...

u2961oi57zx9.png

just awesome
    big thanks to you DB!

can´t edit the first post...
    first do the research,then start threads......
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing they picked Yar because it is close to "year."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you see Yar? I only saw the tokens and the honor for $ offer.
  • @Shan

This was unexpected and a nice surprise!! I'm looking forward to adding a star on my Yar! (That sounds like something a Pirate would say lol)

Anyway, thank you guys!! This is awesome and we really appreciate it!!!
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Where did you see Yar? I only saw the tokens and the honor for $ offer.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15632/leap-year-2020-extravaganza#latest
  • Wow, very cool.
    I already grabbed the two tokens. Honor is always nice but i have to check about Tasha. Having another 1/5 is meeeh, but Tasha is still Tasha!
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Wow, very cool.
    I already grabbed the two tokens. Honor is always nice but i have to check about Tasha. Having another 1/5 is meeeh, but Tasha is still Tasha!

Aviator Yar is a fairly strong eng/sec that has been around for a while but still gets in voyages and shuttles often for me at FFFE.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Looking forward to a second star on Yar!

SEC/ENG is one of the skill pairs I focus my efforts on, and while my 4* Irina is currently filling most of the seats Yar would want, I still look forward to citing her up eventually.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • I like the Yar offering! Don't have her yet. A reasonably nice 5* that one can actually get through the Portal for a change! :smiley:
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Very nice on all fronts! Thank you, DB! And I've long wanted Aviator (probably ought to be Aviatrix, considering her outfit's era) Yar. Her artwork is the best of the Timelines Originals, IMHO!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2/5* Yar thanks you, DB!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto.
    Farewell 🖖
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! Thanks, DB!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • @[DSEF] Cpt.Rampo
    The edit button is on the bridge page. As creator of this post you will get a cog wheel, on the page listing all the different discussions, on the bridge. It will be off to the right of the name you give this discussion.
  • What are people's thoughts on the value of the Honorary Leap? 22,920 honor for $10? I guess you're effectively (nearly) buying a gold citation for $20. Not the worst deal by far, but not a top tier deal either.
  • What are people's thoughts on the value of the Honorary Leap? 22,920 honor for $10? I guess you're effectively (nearly) buying a gold citation for $20. Not the worst deal by far, but not a top tier deal either.

Same. Not good enough to lure me into spending. Same with the SR citation offer for 25 bucks, which really should have been 10 bucks, imho.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Sometimes the value isn't just the exchange rate. Some might be 20k shy of putting a gold in the fridge and opening up a crew slot. So for them even a small deal is still a deal because they need it today.

They must usually make some money off these deals at this exchange. If really awesome deals happened to frequently then people would hold off and wait and they'd make less.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto.

Thritto
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I bought them all except for the purple citation/chron deal. Not interested in those. The others were interesting enough to me though.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Crew & Dilithium was a good deal (I'm ignoring the trainers), since it was the same deal as 2000 Dils for the same price, and you get bonuses.

Everything else so far is just, meh...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the free stuff, thanks!
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voyage tokens are much appreciated here. I am getting close to the point where I can do the much needed 72 hour voyage.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

Ditto.

Thritto

Quartto? Quartro? Fourtto? lol :)
  • Hi,

I am grateful for the free copy of Avatar Yar.

However I already have this crew fully equipped and fully fused in my crew rosta.

So what is an exciting gift to an very large number of players, doesn’t help me down the path very far. I have never been in a position to exchange a legendary crew for honour. I don’t really want to consider doing it either.
    I know of one other player in the fleet who also holds Yar fully fused and equipped. So mine is not a unique position.
    I have been playing this game for four years.

Would DB consider a choice to select from or the possibility of an exchange for a crew member who is either not already held or a 5* citation.
    (I would like to receive Umpire Odo or Satan’s Robot.)

Thanks
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sexy Alice wrote: »
    So what is an exciting gift to an very large number of players, doesn’t help me down the path very far. I have never been in a position to exchange a legendary crew for honour. I don’t really want to consider doing it either.
    100% Agree here, I have been playing 3 years and already have her FFFE (she was my first immortal gold), so while a useful gift for newer players its only 550 honour for us old hands

DB: Do Better
  • Ikrit wrote: »
    I'm guessing they picked Yar because it is close to "year."

Ah, I see!
    Aviator Yar => Yar in the Air => "Leap Yar"

:lol:
  • Are these "Special Offers" wildly mispriced? As someone who has nearly every super-rare, I am not going to spend £100 for what amounts to two legendary beholds.

Surely there's a mistake?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these "Special Offers" wildly mispriced? As someone who has nearly every super-rare, I am not going to spend £100 for what amounts to two legendary beholds.

Surely there's a mistake?

Have to agree. Today's new offers are woefully overpriced. I suspect even the whaliest of whales won't be wasting their money at those prices.

Heck, when I saw the beholds it took me a second to realize those prices were in dilithium and not honor.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, these leap year “deals” are some of the worst offers I’ve ever seen in this game. Just horrific.