Home The Bridge
Options

"Quality of life changes"?

I seem to recall a post in advance of 7.4.0 about some new quality of life changes to basic gameplay. But apart from the removal of cool-down timers on cadets/arenas, what are they? Or have they not been introduced yet?

I'm not being sarcastic btw - just genuinely curious.

To balance out this post... I'm delighted by the Leap Year Extravaganza and other surprises that have popped up. So thank you DB for those! <3

Oh, and - is it safe to cite Picard & Number One? I mean, a fifth star won't magically appear from elsewhere as soon as I do, will it? LOL
"There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    They have addressed the inventory cap (to some extent), although you could argue there is more to be done with it, it's still a lot better than the previous alternative.

Hopefully more will follow perhaps we can steer this conversation on what's the next priority to improve "quality of the gaming experience" sorry I hate the QoL terminology, I like to think I have quality of life already.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Unless you plan to buy the packs at the end of the mega (forgot their name), I think it's safe to cite him. If you plan to buy those packs, there's a chance you might get a Picard dupe if you cite him now.
  • Options
    IronAgeDave: I put QoL in " " because that was the terminology used in whatever long-ago post I was remembering. I too have a life beyond this game. LOL

Emperor: Many thanks! I went for it and can't believe he's surpassed Gary Seven and Surak as my top Sci guy! (Now if only there were Sci-only voyages, I'd be so far ahead in this game!) :wink:

As far as things that would vastly improve my gameplay...

Citations as an option in Beholds when you're offered 3 FF characters.

I'd also really love it if galaxy events could be made interesting. And if not, if it's just going to continue to be a grind, at least add a "quick build" option.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Options
    The mega event recap packs are one of the best values for dilithium. If you dont need dilithium for for more crew slots I recommend purchasing a few and as noted above, you may receive Picard and number one.

It's a great way to get the final star on some of those event super rare event crew and you may also get a gold.

Last mega, I think I pulled 2 non-mega beholds out of maybe 12 pulls. Just by sheer luck but not a bad deal regardless.
  • Options
    The lack of cool down on the Arena has been a huge "QOL" change for me :thumbsup:
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of cool down on the Arena has been a huge "QOL" change for me :thumbsup:

as someone who usually gets home from work about 15 minutes before the daily reset with several arena tickets still left, i agree! :D
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

as someone who usually gets home from work about 15 minutes before the daily reset with several arena tickets still left, i agree! :D

I've noticed the rank needed to get the top 1% rewards has been growing. That means that more people are participating. That's the great part, imo.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I've noticed the rank needed to get the top 1% rewards has been growing. That means that more people are participating. That's the great part, imo.

I believe it means exactly the opposite. The top 1% has consistently been shrinking, meaning there are less people playing, not more.

*Edit* Maybe I misunderstood you- not exactly sure.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe it means exactly the opposite. The top 1% has consistently been shrinking, meaning there are less people playing, not more.

Since the change the span has grown again, so @Prime Lorca [10FH] is right.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the change the span has grown again, so @Prime Lorca [10FH] is right.

Ok, I misunderstood. Sorry about that. That IS a good sign then. I know it’s still way down from where it used to be so any improvement there is a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    The top 1% dipped to 706 (that's the lowest that I saw) a few days before the change. Now it's up to 723. By my calculations, that means 1,700 more players are participating bsince the change. :)
    Farewell 🖖