Home Make It So!
Options

Senseless Deals?

I don't know if you made a mistake somewhere, but do you really expect people to pay 15 THOUSAND Dilithium for a single Legendary behold - respective 5400 for a Super-Rare behold?

If you spend the same amount on normal packs you are all but guaranteed to get it for far less.

So far I never opened more than 15 packs between legendary beholds - usually its more like 7-8.
Everything over 10k seems not just to be not a deal but more expensive than the non-deal alternative.

If you want more peoples thought about it: Just look on reddit - plenty of people agreeing that this is not a deal at all there.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is, no, they do not expect people to pay that. As stated in a few existing threads, they had to put the free Beholds (from the Leap Year offers) in the Time Portal, but didn't want people to buy those Beholds outright (instead getting them via the offers which included them). So they put an outlandish number on the dil cost of them in order to try to prevent that. (An odd workaround, I'll admit.)

However, apparently the amount was not too outlandish for some players with more money than sense to actually spend their dilithium on them. But hey — whaddya gonna do.

cwarn4pjvjs8.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    The story about "having to put something in the portal" is just straight up nonesense.

They might be forced to have them in the Portal, but they could have made them unpurchasable.

If that is really the reason and they can't make it so you can use deal-beholds without a way of purchasing them for dilithium there is something wrong with the code.
    Considering it is a real-money area - seriously wrong.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :....-(
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might be forced to have them in the Portal, but they could have made them unpurchasable.

I agree — you'd think that would have been possible (and certainly wouldn't have caused so much drama), but maybe it wasn't so easily done.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    The story about "having to put something in the portal" is just straight up nonesense.

If that is really the reason and they can't make it so you can use deal-beholds without a way of purchasing them for dilithium there is something wrong with the code.
    Considering it is a real-money area - seriously wrong.

I don't know what the code looks like. I can only take them at their word that with the time they had this was the best way.

From this side of the code, it seems to me the easiest way to handle it would have been to have the purchased beholds sit on top of the behold in the honor hall. From the info given these beholds were exactly the same. The game can stack portal pulls in the main tab and the boost tab. But maybe there is something that prevents this sort of thing on offers with honor as the currency.

I don't know their work load or lead time. I do know that programming for multiple platforms without bugs is a time consuming task. In the balance of game content and a sale, its less work to simply find a way to make the sale work everywhere than it is to add something new and test it. The new mini event thing is probably taking up all the code time.